Greetings & Salutations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

d3vilscr1be

Been trying to think of a way to introduce myself.
Nothing altogether clever has come but I'd rather not put it off any longer.
Just call me D for now. I'm over 30, in a job I hate but am quite good at, chronically single (no exaggeration), and find that with each tick of the clock, I become less and less interested in the goings on of the world, people, etc. I used to chat online all the time, blog, have passionate discussions about philosophical ideas, blah blah blah. It's pretty much all fallen away. Not sure why...aside from the mere observation that most everything is basically unimpressive.
Finding people to connect with in meaningful ways is darn near impossible, I realize in part, because of my lack of interest in many things. But there is still a shred of hope buried deep down that there is a possibility of something other than this...my current experience of things.
I am blessed with one really, really good friend who is absolutely brilliant, trustworthy, and refreshingly honest with me. And admittedly, there are people around me who would gladly "hang out." But I come home feeling lonely after "hanging out." It's missing the mark and doesn't seem worth the time. I need something else.
Things that still hold my attention: music (no real rhyme or reason to what I listen to so I can't really break it down simply), books (fiction, preferably less than 500 pages, some graphic novels, and true crime, preferably serial killer subject matter), NASCAR (Cup only). Oh, and lately, Big Bang Theory binges. Who knew?
I think that's enough for now.
Adieu and adieu.

Hey D, welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for here.

Welcome to the forum Mr.D.

"Make yourself at home".

And don't forget to enjoy your stay!

Latest posts

Back