Can't get the girls I like to like me back - Help!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Finished said:
Blah blah blah, I'm the expert on women.....

​

Okay, let me ask this.  You seem to claim to know more about women than the actual women giving advice.  Why is that?  What makes you more of an expert on women than the women themselves?  That seems to be a common theme on this forum.  The women give advice, only to have the men come in and "tell it like it really is," essentially saying we are liars.
Simple truth of the matter is, just like men, every woman is an individual and likes/dislikes certain things.  Some do go for the bad boy types, some do want the guy who is going to take care of them, and some just want someone to enhance their life without worrying about what a man can offer them aside from companionship and love.  

To Ska, instead of trying to impress everyone else, why not try to impress yourself?  You don't really seem to have a high opinion of yourself and maybe that's the reason it hasn't happened for you yet.

You quoted something that I did not say. You must not have read what I wrote either. I'll compare actual quotes from both of us:

I said:
Different woman want to be played in different ways. You just have to figure out what game to play and go all in. 

Now here is a quote from what you said:
Simple truth of the matter is, just like men, every woman is an individual and likes/dislikes certain things. 

****, that sure sounds close to the same thing. People are different. I said it from a guy's point of view to another guy who asked the question. You said it back to me as if I was completely off base while attempting to criticize me.

Maybe it's best you read something first and analyze it before you misquote and wrongly criticize it.

TheSkaFish said:
@everyone,

just saying, I hear your opinions and all, I'm not going to tell you how to feel. But this is my thread, and I don't want it to be closed, at least not as long as I'm still a member here. I'm currently in the process of jotting down some stuff from threads I liked, saying some farewells, just tidying up before I go. After that happens, I don't care. But I don't want my threads derailed as long as I'm still here, because I'm still using them. Most of this last page aside from the first two posts and Callie's, isn't really about what I was talking about, and since this thread is mine, I'd prefer to use it to just keep it about me and my experiences. I didn't want to talk about men and women as a whole, just about my situation.

I only restarted this thread at all because it seemed like an appropriate place to say that one of these situations that was getting me down for a long time, was resolved. I wanted to say something, somewhere, to give it some finality. And also just to talk a bit about what I was feeling from there.

Again this. We're getting further away from what I was talking about. I wasn't even intending to start drama, it's not so much that I've changed my opinions (I've changed some, not others) but also things are the way they are, getting caught up in drama on here is useless, it's just a distraction. Can we please chill because we know what will happen but this thread is mine and I don't want that. At least until I'm gone. Thanks

TheRealCallie said:
To Ska, instead of trying to impress everyone else, why not try to impress yourself?  You don't really seem to have a high opinion of yourself and maybe that's the reason it hasn't happened for you yet.

I think you're right, actually.  This is probably at least part of it.

skafish I do think outcast women are more likely to be interested in getting to know us. All my friends are outcasts.

The funny thing is, all the men i know who are successful with women all have a knack for promoting themselves. They do this in many ways, but one way is standing ontop of other men to make themselves look higher value. They do this by trashing other men, either to his face or behind his back, in an attempt to look more competent to onlookers. This behavior is so common that if you do not engage in it or even refrain from participating in it, then you are judged as weak and low value.

michael2 said:
skafish I do think outcast women are more likely to be interested in getting to know us.  All my friends are outcasts.

The funny thing is, all the men i know who are successful with women all have a knack for promoting themselves.  They do this in many ways, but one way is standing ontop of other men to make themselves look higher value.  They do this by trashing other men, either to his face or behind his back, in an attempt to look more competent to onlookers.  This behavior is so common that if you do not engage in it or even refrain from participating in it, then you are judged as weak and low value.

So true! I think I posted on here a few years ago about how I went to a Magic the Gathering Tournament, and as a MTG player I will say, we are all a little weird. Anyways, those guys were so attractive because they were in their element. They were dominating the other men in their way. 

And yes to the outcast with outcast.

^Kind of right. I have no game - because I'm not a bullshit artist or an *******.

I'm pretty sure anything you could "teach" me wouldn't help either.

Never thought I'd say this to anyone but......get a job. I may not have one, but at least I'm not a scammer.

TheSkaFish said:
^Kind of right.  I have no game - because I'm not a bullshit artist or an *******.

I'm pretty sure anything you could "teach" me wouldn't help either.

Never thought I'd say this to anyone but......get a job.  I may not have one, but at least I'm not a scammer.

I don't think you need to be a bullshit artist or an ******* to have game.

Closcrew, why don't you show us how much game you have by posting some of your advice in here?

Nicolelt said:
Anyways, those guys were so attractive because they were in their element. They were dominating the other men in their way. 

So you're admitting that you're attracted to men who dominate other men.

^ I think that since we were talking about the dominant personality earlier in the thread, Nicole was just telling us an example in a way that we'd understand, that was in line with what we were talking about - trying to tell it from the same view, even if it wasn't how she viewed it herself.

I've seen her posts and character over the years and she's always been a reasonable person. I don't think she is promoting the behavior we don't like, or saying that you have to be a dominant man to be attractive. If anything I saw her example as saying the Magic gamers were more interesting because they were doing their passion, which makes sense. She just expressed the story in terms of dominance cause that's what we were talking about earlier.

I think you are just feeling especially down and out lately - which is understandable - but I don't want to see any unnecessary beef happening, especially over a misunderstanding or a bad mood.

TheSkaFish said:
^ I think that since we were talking about the dominant personality earlier in the thread, Nicole was just telling us an example in a way that we'd understand, that was in line with what we were talking about - trying to tell it from the same view, even if it wasn't how she viewed it herself. 

I've seen her posts and character over the years and she's always been a reasonable person.  I don't think she is promoting the behavior we don't like, or saying that you have to be a dominant man to be attractive.  If anything I saw her example as saying the Magic gamers were more interesting because they were doing their passion, which makes sense.  She just expressed the story in terms of dominance cause that's what we were talking about earlier.

I think you are just feeling especially down and out lately - which is understandable - but I don't want to see any unnecessary beef happening, especially over a misunderstanding or a bad mood.

Yes, I agree.  Especially because it was also said about the less extroverted guys essentially slinking away because they don't feel good enough about themselves.  Those "dominating" men....and I know you all hate it when this gets said....are confident, which is what makes them appear to dominate other men.  They couldn't dominate you if you didn't let them (not you you, generalized you)

... I'd argue with why a morally ambiguous trait like confidence needs to be the be-all, but there's no point since it's the commonly accepted view that men who lack in this area are garbage.

ardour said:
...  I'd argue with why a morally  ambiguous trait like confidence needs to be the  be-all, but  there's no point since it's the commonly accepted view that men who lack in this area are garbage.

Do you make honeysuckle up in your head so you can attack people?  No one said anyone was garbage, though I suspect YOU think you are pretty **** close to that.  Low confidence and low self esteem (I'm sure you have neither of those :rolleyes: ) tend to make one feel like they are garbage. 

Oh and although you think I'm perfect, I do actually know what it's like to feel that way.

No point in debating you, but in the small chance of you or other women being genuinely interested in what it's like to try with less experience than the average teen:

ardour said:
No point in debating you, but in the small  chance of you or other women being genuinely interested in what it's like to try with less experience than the average teen:

So you give me a "forever alone" reddit page?  I'm sorry, but all that shows is a guy who seemingly went into the date knowing it would fail.  A guy who gives his own spin on what happened.  A guy who decides what someone else is thinking based on probably no real knowledge of her at all.  And then you have guys who feel the same **** way who only want to coddle and agree with the guy and complain about how horrid women are.
Also, again you are generalizing...again.  Not every **** woman has had more "experience than the average teen."  And at that rate, there are also guys that feel the way I do as well.  There are guys who come into these threads saying the honeysuckle you think only women say.

You don't have a clue and are just arguing to win as per usual - I've had the same reaction (depending on how you define a date) when forced to respond direct questions about this. And no there's no way to deflect or make it seem like it's no big deal without sounding evasive.

Latest posts

Back