Where in the world would you like to visit and why

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tulip23

I have two places.
One is Hawaii to see the live volcanoes and lava.The other is Tornado alley in USA.I am fascinated by mother nature.

A driving holiday through America taking in all the weird tourist spots like the worlds largest ball of string etc. :D

I also want to see Canada, not sure why, I just always have.

Edward W said:
A driving holiday through America taking in all the weird tourist spots like the worlds largest ball of string etc. :D

Sounds fascinating. I never knew there was such a thing as that. It would be good to see.

Better go to Canada when weather a bit warmer I think .I hear it is very chilly there at moment

Tulip23 said:
I have two places.
One is Hawaii to see the live volcanoes and lava.The other is Tornado alley in USA.I am fascinated by mother nature.

Augusta National golf course where they play the Masters !

or St Andrews in Scotland !

Triple Bogey said:
Tulip23 said:
I have two places.

I have been to St Andrews for the open golf championship.
I used to go when I was young and my dad was still alive .He loved golf. I have also been to Turnberry and Troon and Muirfield.

The masters course looks amazing.

Tulip23 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Tulip23 said:
I have two places.

I have been to St Andrews for the open golf championship.
I used to go when I was young and my dad was still alive .He loved golf. I have also been to Turnberry and Troon and Muirfield.

The masters course looks amazing.

I went to Troon in 1997. Went a few times to the open but it got too crowded. I would love a golfing / photo taking holiday in Scotland. One day hopefully !

Edward W said:

dude.. I hope you realize that's probably a 2 year round trip to drive that course! hehe.

I to have always wanted to go to Hawaii. that's our first stop when my lottery ticket comes in!

I would also love to see other places like Egypt, Tibet and Turkey.. but unless they can get rid of all the people there atm.. i'll have to wait until the political situations change over there (which means probably another 100yrs or never)

States coast to coast drive

I saw some pictures of the Philippines and I must go there

Some Indiana Jones like holidays searching proofs for some conspiracy theories
after all, like him I am also an academic, I just need to learn to fall and to use a whip

Oh where do I start. I cant, everywhere, very few places I dont want to go and thats down to poltics and certain cultural aspects. Fav places would be all ovee US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, New Zealand and Japan.

I´d like to travel USA in a caravan, like old people do in the movies:D
And I´d like to see far east. China, Japan, Thailand, Korea.

Walley said:
Edward W said:

dude.. I hope you realize that's probably a 2 year round trip to drive that course! hehe.

I to have always wanted to go to Hawaii. that's our first stop when my lottery ticket comes in!

I would also love to see other places like Egypt, Tibet and Turkey.. but unless they can get rid of all the people there atm.. i'll have to wait until the political situations change over there (which means probably another 100yrs or never)

Yes defo have to win lottery then the worlds our oyster.
It's a pity there is so much unrest as would be lovely to see pyramids.
My daughter went to Turkey last year was40degrees

I a lucky person. I've been to my most wanted destination. Moscow. What a place......so alien and strange. The most fascinating place in the world.

9006 said:
Anywhere except UK.

Especially with all these storns we have these days

Veragrace said:
I a lucky person. I've been to my most wanted destination. Moscow. What a place......so alien and strange. The most fascinating place in the world.

Was it no freezing cold ?
It would be great to see the Krelim and Red Square in real life.

Peaches said:
States coast to coast drive

I saw some pictures of the Philippines and I must go there

Some Indiana Jones like holidays searching proofs for some conspiracy theories
after all, like him I am also an academic, I just need to learn to fall and to use a whip

Would you go coast to coast USA in one of those RV's they look fab.
U'll have to wait till the unrest is over in Egypt and middle east before you can put on your Indiana Jones hat.Mind you,you might have a long wait for that.

GraceBlossom said:
Oh where do I start. I cant, everywhere, very few places I dont want to go and thats down to poltics and certain cultural aspects. Fav places would be all ovee US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, New Zealand and Japan.

Sounds like you need a round the world ticket to visit all your dream places.I think a lucky dip lottery ticket is in order.

Mr.YellowCat said:
I´d like to travel USA in a caravan, like old people do in the movies:D
And I´d like to see far east. China, Japan, Thailand, Korea.

I can just see a convoy of RV's with you,Peaches and Grace Blossom heading from coast to coast in the USA ;)

I'd love to go to New Zealand, Canada, Paris.. oh and Italy. NZ for it's beauty and nice people and I wanna see the LOTR site, Canada because my best friend lives there, Paris because I've always wanted to see how much it is the city of lights as people always claimed it to be lol and Italy because I wanna find out how authentic pizzas taste.

I'd love to go to England again, of course, cos I just love the buildings and my other best friend is there, but I've been there twice. I'd like to also go to the Netherlands... although this one's not just for a visit. ;)

Keep the responses coming, people. I'm still looking for a destination for the summer; perhaps I'll find it in this thread :p

(Side-note: Egypt is amazingly stunning. But make sure you book a Nile cruise, and not a lame *roasting in the sun* vacation! I will definitely go there again in my life.)

Where to go in this lifetime...

Forget Europe. Maybe in Germany but I'll pass on France. I've reasons to avoid France...

I'd like to see southeast Asia. Thailand, the Philippines (stay outta Mindanao, though--it's a hotbed of Islamism), Malaysia, I'd love to travel around those countries for a bit. Catch a boat ride between islands, sample some street food (as long as it doesn't involved half-formed bird fetuses or monkey parts). I'd do a lot of sketching.

I'd like to see Australia & New Zealand, for sure. Have heard they're quite friendly in NZ. Guess I like the smaller islands. Japan would be great as long as I'm not there during the cherry blossom festival.

Wherever I'd travel, the main thing would be to not stay in the touristy areas. I don't go for packaged trips; I prefer to wander wherever I please. Would try to get outside the cities into the countryside & smaller towns...see how the natives really live.

ladyforsaken said:
I'd love to go to New Zealand, Canada, Paris.. oh and Italy. NZ for it's beauty and nice people and I wanna see the LOTR site, Canada because my best friend lives there, Paris because I've always wanted to see how much it is the city of lights as people always claimed it to be lol and Italy because I wanna find out how authentic pizzas taste.

I'd love to go to England again, of course, cos I just love the buildings and my other best friend is there, but I've been there twice. I'd like to also go to the Netherlands... although this one's not just for a visit. ;)

You have loads of places to visit.Better get that lucky dip ticket lol.
My daughter was in Paris she showed me photos of Eiffel tower lit up,it was amazing.
There was also a bridge there where couples put padlocks on it and throw key in the Sienne.Would be interesting to see if still there in years to come.

MTrip said:
Where to go in this lifetime...

Forget Europe. Maybe in Germany but I'll pass on France. I've reasons to avoid France...

I'd like to see southeast Asia. Thailand, the Philippines (stay outta Mindanao, though--it's a hotbed of Islamism), Malaysia, I'd love to travel around those countries for a bit. Catch a boat ride between islands, sample some street food (as long as it doesn't involved half-formed bird fetuses or monkey parts). I'd do a lot of sketching.

I'd like to see Australia & New Zealand, for sure. Have heard they're quite friendly in NZ. Guess I like the smaller islands. Japan would be great as long as I'm not there during the cherry blossom festival.

Wherever I'd travel, the main thing would be to not stay in the touristy areas. I don't go for packaged trips; I prefer to wander wherever I please. Would try to get outside the cities into the countryside & smaller towns...see how the natives really live.

Yes definetly get away from doing the whole tourist package thing nothing worse.Better to see how the real people live.

daughter of the moon said:
Keep the responses coming, people. I'm still looking for a destination for the summer; perhaps I'll find it in this thread :p

(Side-note: Egypt is amazingly stunning. But make sure you book a Nile cruise, and not a lame *roasting in the sun* vacation! I will definitely go there again in my life.)

I hope so lol some really good places people have chosen.As long as we don't all disappear from forum at the same time lol

Latest posts

Back