New here (long)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zed

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a 46-yo man who bummed around for 11 years of my life, then moved in to take care of my elderly mother when she was dying of cancer... next thing you know, she up and dies of blood poisoning in '07, leaving me with a house that was paid off in 1950. Whoop dee doo.

So then I bummed around for the next 6 years, working at a dead-end job and making a half-hearted effort to meet women... Going to speed dating parties and stuff like that, I tried online dating but gave up on it 2 years ago after I realized a lot of the "women" on there weren't even real and a lot of the sites were crooked themselves.

In the meantime, I wrote and published 3 books, and started fixing up the house so it wouldn't look like the Grapes of Wrath people would be embarrassed to live in it... I cleaned up 40 years' worth of stuff, had a big yard sale, and had to learn a few construction techniques.

A man's home may be his castle, but I think of mine as being queenless. I did a lot of thinking when I'd come home from work each day---I'm not a bar/alcohol kind of person---and figured out I'm straight but asexual.

Also figured out meetup groups are my best bet... I've been going to them for about 5 years now, and I've learned a LOT from them, including how NOT to be a disorganized host. Then I figured, hell, I can do that... since I had to clean up the property and renovate the house anyway, why not just start my own group for asexual singles---the group I'm most comfortable hanging around with, have some potlucks and a few costume parties? So that's what I'm going to do... I'm about 3/4 done with renovating the house, and I should have the back yard ready to host cookouts by the time summer rolls around. AFAIC online dating is a dead duck.

My best male friend isn't much help in meeting women because he doesn't trust them after his nasty divorce last year and he's a party animal at heart anyways... he grew up in the shadow of his overachieving older brother and still gripes to me that he wishes he'd been as picky as I am about women before he married his now-ex.

So... I've never been married, I *am* a virgin but I believe there was nothing wrong with virginity until a few promiscuous loudmouths back in the 60s made it so... I 've never smoked and rarely drink, I don't gamble, I had a drug problem but I've been clean for 6 years now, I cook, sew, and have a lot of hobbies, I have a steady job, never been fired or laid off, not religious and never been to jail.

I hear a lot of complaining from women on singles & dating forums that decent men are hard to find (hint: they're not hanging around in bars or trolling online dating sites)... so, am I a decent man? I don't think that's up to me to judge. :cool:

Zed said:
Going to speed dating parties and stuff like that, I tried online dating but gave up on it 2 years ago after I realized a lot of the "women" on there weren't even real and a lot of the sites were crooked themselves.
It's Craigslist all over again!

Zed said:
I cleaned up 40 years' worth of stuff, had a big yard sale, and had to learn a few construction techniques.
I might have to take notes from ya. I'm trying to get a homestead going and do the 1800s thing.

Zed said:
I'm straight but asexual.
Go on.

Zed said:
as picky as I am about women
High standards, but only for the internal stuff. Couldn't care less about the exterior. Let's keep going.

Zed said:
So... I've never been married, I *am* a virgin but I believe there was nothing wrong with virginity until a few promiscuous loudmouths back in the 60s made it so...
Club V gains a new member. Your intro is going well so far. I don't let it bother me. It's just a word. Now I have someone to laugh about it with. Keep going.

Zed said:
I've never smoked and rarely drink, I don't gamble, I had a drug problem but I've been clean for 6 years now, I cook, sew, and have a lot of hobbies, I have a steady job, never been fired or laid off, not religious and never been to jail.
Check, check, check, and check. Check, check, BIG check and check. One more?

Zed said:
I hear a lot of complaining from women on singles & dating forums that decent men are hard to find
I hear decent women are even harder to find. Let's tally everything up! You're a virgin (like me), who is picky (like me), who isn't a jail ho (like me), works (...like me), isn't religious (like me), and is also asexual (like me).

I think I speak for everyone (see: my **** self) when I say welcome to the site, and that you've earned some of my respect, kid. Looking forward to see what you cook up with your posts.

Latest posts

Back