This site needs a better chat room app/platform/whatever.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTrip

Reaction score
To use the chat room I had to attempt four goddamn times before the idiotic website would accept my username & a password--only for it to not recognize the exact same password when I tried to log in.

There were no errors on my part. I double-checked everything to make sure I was typing accurately. Xat's programmers are smoking way too much opium. If the leadership here could please, find a decent chat room app. I & no doubt a few others here would appreciate it.

Chat is separate from the site, the administration has nothing to do with it.

You don't need to ask me that. You know I'm not there, lol. I was banned remember?

Yes, I do recall, which is why I wondered why you're advising someone on what they may or may not be missing in chat. (hmm)

I recall stuff too. I won't go into detail, but from what I remember, most of the time there was a little group in chat who stuck together. If you didn't fit in with them, you'd may as well not use chat. There are other reasons I could list, but I will tell the OP in private, if they are interested.

More recently I spoke to a few people on here. Some of them new. They told me that chat users are just childish half of the time. No offence to anyone. Not my words. Other more senior members, who I remember being quite popular in chat before, told me they have been banned too. Of course, the problem lies with us and not anyone else, right?

And Chat discussion like that is NOT allowed on the forum. You have a problem you take it up in PM's with those who run the chat. You DON'T bring it here.

I needn't say any more. OP, take this reaction as what you can expect, lol.

Oh and no, I have no problem. I don't care to be frank :D

Really? First, I have nothing to do with chat, I don't even use it myself so my reaction is enforcing a guideline we have here. If this is how you acted in the chat I can see why you were banned. Curb your behaviour of you'll be getting time off from the forum as well.

Firstly - You will not be rewarded for your actions on this site. So why spend your time being an ass? The OP asked for my opinion and I gave it. If you can't handle it, you have a problem. Not me.

Secondly - You said it. You have nothing to do with chat. So how can you sit there and say anything? I WAS there. I know more then you.

Thirdly - The biggest problem this site has is being shown now. A severe overreaction to nothing. You don't like the criticism so you make threats. You're not perfect. Deal with it. If you think this is a big enough rule break to ban someone, you've lost touch with reality.

You are both being petty because you don't like what I'm saying. Why do I say that? Because the moment someone says something you don't like, out comes the threats. You guys need to cheer up. Get away from this place. It's not helping you clearly. This site isn't all about you. You need not ban me. I'm leaving with pleasure :)

Gutted said:
I recall stuff too. I won't go into detail, but from what I remember, most of the time there was a little group in chat who stuck together. If you didn't fit in with them, you'd may as well not use chat. There are other reasons I could list, but I will tell the OP in private, if they are interested.

More recently I spoke to a few people on here. Some of them new. They told me that chat users are just childish half of the time. No offence to anyone. Not my words. Other more senior members, who I remember being quite popular in chat before, told me they have been banned too. Of course, the problem lies with us and not anyone else, right?

It seems to me that an issue with chat, all chat rooms, mind me, not just this one, is that after you get 10+ users at the same time it's just a huge mess and you can't really have a conversation, or you have completely different people who don't have much in common to talk about, so it'd be better to have different chat rooms, the intention is there because there is a link to Main chat and other links that at the moment don't work.
Anyway, the current chat is not very populated anyway so probably creating another one wouldn't be that useful.

Gutted said:
You are both being petty because you don't like what I'm saying....

No, as you have already been told, you are taking it up at the wrong place. This is not chat. Chat is separate. If you have a problem with chat then take it up with the chat mods, they are the ones that can address your concerns about chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back