A hi to all fellow loners!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am quite terrible at introducing myself, so excuse me if I sound ambiguous.

So, I am a student of Science. In fact the few people who are acquainted with me call me 'Einstein'. I don't know why. I am not a genius, but am rather on the low voltage side. But, yes! I love science, and reading, and music and everything else that every twenty something girl likes. But I am lonely. I have never had any friend whom I could term as my 'Best', nor had any relationships in life, and am capable of somewhat effective communication only in the form of these flashy letters on the screen.
Recently, I had to move to Europe from my rather cozy perch in India, where my dear brother and parents still are, and I feel like the ground beneath my feet has just come off! Its a scary prospect for an asocial like me to be away from the only place known and am having a trying time with it. And weekends are the most trying because all I do is sit in my room as I still don't have any acquaintances even with whom I can go out and have some fun (despite it being nearly a month already)!!
So, I believe that sitting in my room would not be as depressing as it is now, with you all around for company.... :)

AliceInWonderLand said:
Hi,
I am quite terrible at introducing myself, so excuse me if I sound ambiguous.

So, I am a student of Science. In fact the few people who are acquainted with me call me 'Einstein'. I don't know why. I am not a genius, but am rather on the low voltage side. But, yes! I love science, and reading, and music and everything else that every twenty something girl likes. But I am lonely. I have never had any friend whom I could term as my 'Best', nor had any relationships in life, and am capable of somewhat effective communication only in the form of these flashy letters on the screen.
Recently, I had to move to Europe from my rather cozy perch in India, where my dear brother and parents still are, and I feel like the ground beneath my feet has just come off! Its a scary prospect for an asocial like me to be away from the only place known and am having a trying time with it. And weekends are the most trying because all I do is sit in my room as I still don't have any acquaintances even with whom I can go out and have some fun (despite it being nearly a month already)!!
So, I believe that sitting in my room would not be as depressing as it is now, with you all around for company.... :)

Hiya. Where in India are you from?

I do not speak any Indian dialects, but I have come to love Telugu music from films (from AtoZMP3). Apart from the old Awaara and Mother India and Mr. India, I don't think I've seen too many Indian films though.

Anyway, I greet you!

I like Science too, welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forums. You are most welcome here. The advantage to having all of us around for company... is that it makes you a very accepting multi-cultural type :D

Science was always the most intriguing subject at school. Pleasure to make your acquaintance :)

Thank you all! :) I plan to become more active in these forums and indulge in my new found passion for writing.
I am from South India; Kerala, to be precise. I moved to Sweden couple months back as I got selected as an intern at the neuroscience department at Uppsala University. I have four more months to complete the project which has been assigned to me. The only downside, I am still emotionally blue and have been perpetually late in getting to lab and am facing eviction for lack of punctuality :(
And to throw fuel to fire, people have begun to characterize me as being lazy.....
I wish I was in wonderland, rather than in the real world. Despite the Jabberwocky and the Red Queen, it is much more peaceful and friendly than the world on the right side of the looking glass......

Latest posts

Back