What do YOU have to offer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- I can shine smiles and elicit happiness from even the most barren of moods. I am like a venus fly trap for the soul.
- My breathe is rather fragrant and I would share it with you with little fight (you like a little fight though, don't you?)
- My tacos are the best ever. It would be wise grab me now before I eat them all!
- I could hem and mend your clothing. I am a valuable addition to any household.
- If you mess me around poorly I probably wouldn't even slash more than one or two of your vehicle tires. I'm merciful and forgiving like that.
- If you're shorter than me (9000% of humanity is), I could lend you my reach. My armspan is so great I could wrap my arms around you twice and still have leeway to scratch my nose.

(These are directed at the mythical potential mate, fyi, okay.)

What do I have to offer -

My trust - Yes it can be a bad thing as well as a good thing, but I trust people a lot. And the more time I spend with someone I feel like I am much happier and can talk with them about anything.

I will listen to you and offer advice - About 90% of my friends are women, they tell me it's good to have a guy friend to talk to who doesn't pester them with sexual things. (perhaps this maybe why I am single lol)

Caring - I care about those who take the chance to get to know me. I feel like when I see them hurting it makes me hurt just knowing they are in such pain.

Honesty and respectfulness - I am honest, but often times not blunt about it. Yes some may not understand what I mean but there is a tactful way of telling people hard truths without upsetting them.

Body warmth. Great massages. The description of my name in Urban Dictionary is pretty accurate ;)

EveWasFramed said:
WildernessWildChild said:
Body warmth. Great massages. The description of my name in Urban Dictionary is pretty accurate ;)

You forgot snow and cookies.

True dat. Speaking of cookies there's a bag of Chips Ahoy just begging to be opened....you get the milk, I'll get the cookies?

EveWasFramed said:

True dat. Speaking of cookies there's a bag of Chips Ahoy just begging to be opened....you get the milk, I'll get the cookies?

You obviously haven't checked your cabinets lately - I took those cookies three days ago. :cool:

EveWasFramed said:
EveWasFramed said:

You obviously haven't checked your cabinets lately - I took those cookies three days ago. :cool:

Substitute 'man' for 'Eve'....
[video=youtube]

I have my club handy. Sorry, your frozen missiles have failed. I'm pretty good with a bat. :)
Try harder, WildernessWimpyChild :cool:

This is about the time I launch myself at you like some kind of battering ram, knock your ass into a snowdrift, and give you a good ol' face wash. Then we drag your silly dazed remains off to a nearby natural hot spring for revival, frolicking, and....:D

*snorts* Ladies do not wash their faces in snow drifts! Some man might have PEED in said snow.
As for the hot springs....hmmm, that idea has some merit.

You have to be a "people person" to make others feel good about themselves. It's a prerequisite.

I expect the eyes will roll... but I yam what I yam, eh? :D

Batman55 said:
You have to be a "people person" to make others feel good about themselves. It's a prerequisite.

I expect the eyes will roll... but I yam what I yam, eh? :D

We've all got the potential if the right type of person comes along.

I can offer a natural tendency to care about myself and what I get for doing x or y, etc, and probably not much more :)

EveWasFramed said:
I've seen a number of threads here on the forum over the years, asking what everyone looks for in a potential mate. I thought we'd try something a little different this time and instead of asking what you're looking for, we'll ask the question of "what do you have to offer?"

Ah, a more positive approach to the matter.

It's hard to say what I actually 'offer' because some things are an advantage and somethings are a disadvantage depending on audience. For example, I'm not particularly tall, which is a disadvantage to the tallness seeking crowd but an advantage to those who don't want a 6ft 3" dude towering over them.

I'll just list whatever I think is a possible advantage:

(It seems to me this list will be longer than everyone elses. I think everyone else is being too modest and need to use whatever they think is a positive benefit.)

• British accent.
  • 25 years old.
  • Short height (no feeling intimidated!).
  • Computer problem solving skills (limited downtime!).
  • Unusual sense of humour (sarcasm, puns, bizarre references, quotes out of context and nonsensical humour that is funny because it doesn't make sense).
  • In-depth, advanced, intellectual debating skills (good for debates on ethics etc).
  • Very highly talkative (especially on particular subject matter) or...
  • Mostly silent.
  • Ridiculously honest, even on my personal major flaws (how far is dependent on tier level, EG friend, good friend, etc - to prevent troll ammunition falling into hostile individual's hands).
  • Ridiculously blunt on subject matter, views, etc. If you think social niceticies are a largely pretentious facade then chances are we'd get along.
  • Blunt does not necessarily mean impolite.
  • Extremely observant of people's faces as long as they are unobscured. I can probably tell your past history as well as emotional state (I spotted a murderer in a 5 second flash of their photo) within seconds. I can also teach this ability.
  • I'm avoidant of loud noises and I won't, for example, play my music loudly (unless all my earphones are broken then I will try to play it at a reasonable level).
  • I love to conduct highly unusual and abstract experiments that explore the universe
  • I like being cooperative. Two-way cooperation is even better.
  • Some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

Groucho said:
EveWasFramed said:
I've seen a number of threads here on the forum over the years, asking what everyone looks for in a potential mate. I thought we'd try something a little different this time and instead of asking what you're looking for, we'll ask the question of "what do you have to offer?"

Ah, a more positive approach to the matter.

It's hard to say what I actually 'offer' because some things are an advantage and somethings are a disadvantage depending on audience. For example, I'm not particularly tall, which is a disadvantage to the tallness seeking crowd but an advantage to those who don't want a 6ft 3" dude towering over them.

I'll just list whatever I think is a possible advantage:

(It seems to me this list will be longer than everyone elses. I think everyone else is being too modest and need to use whatever they think is a positive benefit.)

• British accent.
  • 25 years old.
  • Short height (no feeling intimidated!).
  • Computer problem solving skills (limited downtime!).
  • Unusual sense of humour (sarcasm, puns, bizarre references, quotes out of context and nonsensical humour that is funny because it doesn't make sense).
  • In-depth, advanced, intellectual debating skills (good for debates on ethics etc).
  • Very highly talkative (especially on particular subject matter) or...
  • Mostly silent.
  • Ridiculously honest, even on my personal major flaws (how far is dependent on tier level, EG friend, good friend, etc - to prevent troll ammunition falling into hostile individual's hands).
  • Ridiculously blunt on subject matter, views, etc. If you think social niceticies are a largely pretentious facade then chances are we'd get along.
  • Blunt does not necessarily mean impolite.
  • Extremely observant of people's faces as long as they are unobscured. I can probably tell your past history as well as emotional state (I spotted a murderer in a 5 second flash of their photo) within seconds. I can also teach this ability.
  • I'm avoidant of loud noises and I won't, for example, play my music loudly (unless all my earphones are broken then I will try to play it at a reasonable level).
  • I love to conduct highly unusual and abstract experiments that explore the universe
  • I like being cooperative. Two-way cooperation is even better.
  • Some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

^^ Yes, this is exactly what Im looking for!!! Perfect post. :D
I think people have way more to offer of themselves than they think!
Good job, Groucho. Have some grapes. :p lol

EveWasFramed said:
^^ Yes, this is exactly what Im looking for!!! Perfect post. :D
I think people have way more to offer of themselves than they think!
Good job, Groucho. Have some grapes. :p lol

There was more to add but my brain kept going blank and processing very slowly. It's a bit difficult to translate my world into a concise post-it note.

I would say a broad knowledge of subjects, but it felt a bit arrogant, and it literally is broad and not depth. Sorta like having a dewy decibel system that references topics and subjects connected to, but ultimately, totally irrelevant to what you're after.

For example, dec (decibel) means '10' (yes I know this, I hear you say). December, which basically means 'tenth month' is actually the twelfth month due to two extra added months. Most people know that sunday comes from the roman pagan tradition of sun worship, but few know that monday actually means 'day of the moon', which follows after a sunday.

Conversely, the only other months with numerics in them are september (sept meaning 'seven'), october (oct meaning 'eight') and november (nova basically meaning 'nine').

Now you've learnt something new, and ultimately, absolutely trivial to your every day pursuits, which will now take up unnecessary memory space. Believe me, I could draw this out across topics.

Not entirely sure it's an advantage unless one happens to be an avid learner and likes to learn completely obscure knowledge.

Latest posts

Back