What do YOU have to offer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Random is good :d

Believe me, you don't want my knowledge links to go random.

For example: In return of the jedi, Admiral Ackbar says "it's a trap", of which squid and octopuses (again, 'eight') are very apt at escaping because they have no bones and no centralised nervous system, and are a common dish in Japan, and clearing one's dish is deemed a demonstration that you actually like more, although it's worth noting an octopus can outbeat a shark, sharks of which have regenerative rows of teeths much akin to escalators. Although punching a shark in the nose is one way to deter it, so is an extremely large magnet and decayed shark's blood, the latter of which can clear out a large area and the former of which can prevent meat being eaten by a shark. Steven Spielberg directed Jaws, but it's hard not to forget he directed ET and Indiana Jones and the crystal skull, which apparently shows that surviving a radiation blast is possible inside a lead-lined fridge. Curiously, Harrison Ford played Han Solo involving space aliens and George Lucas also directed the crystal skull, which brings us back to Admiral Ackbar...

It's a pity my brain doesn't absorb useful knowledge, like electronics or chemistry.

Groucho said:
EveWasFramed said:
Random is good :d

Believe me, you don't want my knowledge links to go random.

For example: In return of the jedi, Admiral Ackbar says "it's a trap", of which squid and octopuses (again, 'eight') are very apt at escaping because they have no bones and no centralised nervous system, and are a common dish in Japan, and clearing one's dish is deemed a demonstration that you actually like more, although it's worth noting an octopus can outbeat a shark, sharks of which have regenerative rows of teeths much akin to escalators. Although punching a shark in the nose is one way to deter it, so is an extremely large magnet and decayed shark's blood, the latter of which can clear out a large area and the former of which can prevent meat being eaten by a shark. Steven Spielberg directed Jaws, but it's hard not to forget he directed ET and Indiana Jones and the crystal skull, which apparently shows that surviving a radiation blast is possible inside a lead-lined fridge. Curiously, Harrison Ford played Han Solo involving space aliens and George Lucas also directed the crystal skull, which brings us back to Admiral Ackbar...

It's a pity my brain doesn't absorb useful knowledge, like electronics or chemistry.

I agree. I feel like my IQ just got lowered reading that lol

Of course! It's another thing on your list to offer :D

I can be trusted - there I admitted to something!

Hm, well, I'm quite talented at cooking. I can make a variety of dishes, and am good at learning new recipes. I also enjoy cooking for my close friends.

I can be quite humorous, too, and like to make silly or stupid observations or suggestions. I'm apparently good at doing this in just the right amount so it doesn't get old or annoying.

I'm a very affectionate person, so whatever girl I'm with won't be bereft of hugs, cuddles, and knowing that I care and think about her often.

I also keep a fairly clean house, and don't let piles of stuff mess up rooms (especially my bedroom). I don't obsess over keeping things clean, either, but one thing that'll never happen with me is piles of clothes, or cans/bottles/boxes of food and drinks piling up, or just massive disarray. On the flip side, I also won't generally tolerate these things in my partner.

Based on feedback from my first girlfriend (aka the good relationship of the two I've had), I'm apparently really good in bed, and know how to use what I've got. I'm assuming this is considered a pretty big benefit.

Here's the list.

1). Insecure
2). I can be easily manipulated
3). I'll sacrifice my happiness for what you want
4). Willing put my goals aside
5). No self-esteem so #2 is simple like 1+1
6). I have money and other material items for your luxury.

As you can see from the list. I really like shallow people who lack depth. Did I mention that I have a lot of insecurities? (I need therapy.) I also forgot one other thing
7). I have a well paying job as a real estate agent.:)

WildernessWildChild said:
Right now- nada!

Untrue!!

You make a wonderful target for all of my demeaning quips! :)

Groucho said:

I actually got the correlation between the beginning and the end of that. Does that mean there's something wrong with the way my brain works? :p

Loyalty
Cooked/baked food
Neat folds of laundry
Clean vacuumed floors most of the time
Patience

That's all I can think for now...

EveWasFramed said:
TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:
ladyforsaken said:
Loyalty
Cooked/baked food
Neat folds of laundry
Clean vacuumed floors most of the time
Patience

That's all I can think for now...

Will you marry me, Lady F? :D

I'll fight you for her :club:

I asked her first! :club: :club:

I clubbed you first! :club: :club::club:

TheRealCallie said:
I clubbed you first! :club: :club::club:

That's a good point. I have no counter argument. :(

We will let the Lovely Lady F choose! :p Take THAT!

(She will likely turn us both down because we were fighting, lol) :D

EveWasFramed said:
I actually got the correlation between the beginning and the end of that. Does that mean there's something wrong with the way my brain works? :p

If you understand how my brain works, you would officially be the first person I ever met who could. People often don't get the punchlines I blurt out because the joke is in the association. So if you were at a dentist, you might say he's gunna need a bigger boat. What boat, thinks everyone? Why does he need a bigger boat?

(Because he's going to be dealing with Jaws.)

Groucho said:
EveWasFramed said:

If you understand how my brain works, you would officially be the first person I ever met who could. People often don't get the punchlines I blurt out because the joke is in the association. So if you were at a dentist, you might say he's gunna need a bigger boat. What boat, thinks everyone? Why does he need a bigger boat?

(Because he's going to be dealing with Jaws.)

Lol...classic movie punch line! :p
I can still see the look on Roy Whatshisname's face.

EveWasFramed said:
Lol...classic movie punch line! :p
I can still see the look on Roy Whatshisname's face.

"But it's not Roy's one!"

Okay, it's too late. Another thing I offer is completely random movie, book and game quotes. Especially in pun format. And setting this off basically puts me into like, this basic state where random quotations is all I can think of. I khaaan't stop!

I'm self sufficient. I cook. Keep my house clean. I'm quiet and I have my own hobbies. I'm a good listener when needed. Sometimes I can help provide other points of view to people when they are having problems. Sometimes they just want me to listen and nod my head and so I do that instead =P. Close friends always tell me that I'm really caring when they come to me with their fears or problems. That's cool I guess. :)

I can be pretty silly sometimes. I'm laid back but at the same time I don't really put up with people's BS. If you are real with me then I'll be real with you. Lies, half truths, hiding information, passive aggressive BS. I try to avoid dealing with those kind of people as much as possible.

I have a lot of goals and projects that I'm driven to get done. I have a wide range of interests and I love learning new things. I'd rather spend a couple of days learning how to build my own things or fix/repair something than buy new. Part of that whole wanting to be self sufficient thing.

I'd offer a sincere relationship with open communication and honesty. And to the right person I'd offer everything. I'm a simple guy so probably not a ton of money but they could have all my love, loyalty/commitment, companionship, and support. Sadly it hasn't been working out for me very well. Quite a few good/close friends though!

[Edit- I think this is the first time I've posted anything actually about myself on this forum. Scary.]

Groucho said:
EveWasFramed said:
I've seen a number of threads here on the forum over the years, asking what everyone looks for in a potential mate. I thought we'd try something a little different this time and instead of asking what you're looking for, we'll ask the question of "what do you have to offer?"

Ah, a more positive approach to the matter.

It's hard to say what I actually 'offer' because some things are an advantage and somethings are a disadvantage depending on audience. For example, I'm not particularly tall, which is a disadvantage to the tallness seeking crowd but an advantage to those who don't want a 6ft 3" dude towering over them.

I'll just list whatever I think is a possible advantage:

(It seems to me this list will be longer than everyone elses. I think everyone else is being too modest and need to use whatever they think is a positive benefit.)

• British accent.
  • 25 years old.
  • Short height (no feeling intimidated!).
  • Computer problem solving skills (limited downtime!).
  • Unusual sense of humour (sarcasm, puns, bizarre references, quotes out of context and nonsensical humour that is funny because it doesn't make sense).
  • In-depth, advanced, intellectual debating skills (good for debates on ethics etc).
  • Very highly talkative (especially on particular subject matter) or...
  • Mostly silent.
  • Ridiculously honest, even on my personal major flaws (how far is dependent on tier level, EG friend, good friend, etc - to prevent troll ammunition falling into hostile individual's hands).
  • Ridiculously blunt on subject matter, views, etc. If you think social niceticies are a largely pretentious facade then chances are we'd get along.
  • Blunt does not necessarily mean impolite.
  • Extremely observant of people's faces as long as they are unobscured. I can probably tell your past history as well as emotional state (I spotted a murderer in a 5 second flash of their photo) within seconds. I can also teach this ability.
  • I'm avoidant of loud noises and I won't, for example, play my music loudly (unless all my earphones are broken then I will try to play it at a reasonable level).
  • I love to conduct highly unusual and abstract experiments that explore the universe
  • I like being cooperative. Two-way cooperation is even better.
  • Some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

It seems inconceivable to me that you could single for long. The British accent is like cake icing (unless it's Keith Talent-like).

Do please tell us more about your emotional phrenology techniques. :D

Latest posts

Back