What do YOU have to offer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
panfruit said:
It seems inconceivable to me that you could single for long. The British accent is like cake icing (unless it's Keith Talent-like).

Do please tell us more about your emotional phrenology techniques. :D

Ooh! Sherlock Holmes reference! The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle! Although Sherlock Holmes is wrong when he says the man is intelligent based on the size of his skull, because Einstein's neurons were more densely packed and liars have more white neurons (connections). So whether or not you're smart depends on how it's used.

I have no idea what Keith Talent sounds like. Mine is somewhat akin to Received Pronounciation, although I'd argue it's not as posh and I seem to have my own dialect. Obviously that gives away what half of the UK I live in.

Not so much measuring or feeling the skull (I imagine doing that in public would put a lot of people off: I wish to feel your skull! No I am not a cannabal!). Although it can seem like you're intently staring sometimes.

It's difficult to convey but once you get the basics you will instinctively figure how it works.

Look at face. Pattern for reading generally goes: Eyes. Left eye. Right eye. (Which eye tells you which brain, logical/creative, you're dealing with: it's inverted as to side: right is left and left is right, note). Eyebrows. Mouth. Forehead. Half of face right side. Half of face left side. Whole face.

As you go through, you let your subconscious do the legwork for you and allow it to pass on it's first impressions (treat each segment as separate).

How does it work? Muscles move skin, and skin leaves wrinkles. So a past history of all facial movements. Skin intonation (relative to their natural skin colour) indicate health (yellow tone: liver issues, likely alcoholism. Red tone: high blood pressure, likely heart problems. Ghostly pale tone: low levels of iron. Bluish: oxygen restriction, possibly respiratory problems, etc).

You observe the appearance and impressions of the wrinkles to indicate what muscles they move the most. Smokers and alcoholics have more wrinkles because they age faster than people who keep healthy, notably ones who eat vegetables (because the tar from cigerettes restricts oxygen flow and thus kills off healthy cells). You can double-check for yellow stains on the teeth to confirm, although coffee and bad brushing habits cause this, they are distinct (bad brushing will include a variety of bits of food, coffee will have intermittent grains/beans as well as diuretic, and stimulus on the pupils).

Age is relative. Smokers/alcoholics will appear older, healthier people will appear younger. Once you figure out health status you can figure out approximate age.

Eyes tell you the present state, wrinkles tell you the history. Pupil dilation will tell you what state the person is in (but it's relative to light level: if the eyes are very dilated but it's a bright room, good odds it's a stimulus source such as drugs, including aforementioned caffeine). Response time of dilation and focus of eyes will tell you how aware the individual is, out of focus gaze means they're internally thinking. A thousand yard stare is usually a sign of trauma and can be identified by the sad expression of the eyes (the eyes by themselves, not the entire face).

You can even tell when someone recognises a piece of information by watching for the pupil dilation reflex (when something registers and causes panic, it can cause the pupil to dilate during the initial flight or fight trigger), so you can tell if someone is lying. You can also tell if someone likes you: their eyes dilate slightly more to let in 'more' of the pleasant image they see. Direction of gaze is important: downward gaze, avoidant and inconfident. Level gaze but not looking at people, confident but polite. Level gaze that darts from person to person, paranoid, perhaps even aggressive (darting gaze to 'size up' the competition/threats).

Personal history is a combination of the 'emotion' of the individual eyes (happy, sad, angry: you'll get the impression for which based on first impressions), and the wrinkles. Wrinkles just above the glabella (mid-ridge inbetween the eyebrows) indicate someone who frowns and thus gets angry, wrinkles on the side of the eyes (known as 'crows feet') are signs someone smiles a lot (tip: if someone smiles but the crows feet are missing it's a fake smile). Downward wrinkles both sides of the lip for unhappy, upwards and crows feet for happy.

For example, someone with a fake smile, thousand-yard esque stare and terrified looking eyes would be most likely an abuse victim (they hide their terror behind a fake smile they don't genuinely believe as it lacks crows feet, and their disassociation with reality indicated by lack of eyesight focus and thus internalisation to 'get away' from external events). Further tells would be any previous injuries (slight misfigurement on any of the facial bones: check for facial symmetry, if one side is 'wonky' to another then it could be a physical injury).

I could probably ramble for ages on this but I think it's something acquired when tried out. A good way to practice is if you travel by bus or train or have to sit in a public area. No need to stare, give the individual a quick glance and try to memorise their face, then work from that memory, then quickly look back to confirm.

There's way more to this. Personal cleanliness, hair appearance, hair colour (EG if it's greying, or dyed: dyed might indicate low self-esteem about appearances), physical posture, clothing, items used, how they're used. But obviously too much depth to cover in one post or one reading for people.

WildernessWildChild said:
Nothing- I'm mental....

You took the words right out of my mouth! :D :D

About me, that is :)
I have nothing special to offer. Perhaps that's why I'm single (and I don't mind it either) :)

-Teresa

EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:
I have nothing special to offer. Perhaps that's why I'm single (and I don't mind it either) :)

-Teresa

^^ This. Though it would be nice to have someone.

I'm not really mental, just brain exhausted. As far as single I am but I'm not- that'll REALLY drive a person mental. Oh well, it is what it is....I've got the love of an amazing child, people who're concerned about me, and it's a new day in a few hours.

I turn 47 in a few hours. I think I feel nothing about that. How bizarre.

To answer my own question...

In truth, I think I have a number of things to offer.
Unfortunately, no one I know has any interest in any of them.

EveWasFramed said:

One thing I've learned is what one person dislikes, another person likes.

For example, some people consider physique attractive, but some find intelligence attractive. Or they might prefer dark hair over blonde hair, or blonde hair over dark hair.

In short, you won't know unless you say. What you consider neutral or a disadvantage might seem like a benefit to someone else.

Groucho said:
EveWasFramed said:

For example, some people consider physique attractive, but some find intelligence attractive. Or they might prefer dark hair over blonde hair, or blonde hair over dark hair.

In short, you won't know unless you say. What you consider neutral or a disadvantage might seem like a benefit to someone else.

Well yes, which is why I said "no one I know." :p But then...I have a VERY limited social circle.

EveWasFramed said:
TheRealCallie said:
I clubbed you first! :club: :club::club:

That's a good point. I have no counter argument. :(

We will let the Lovely Lady F choose! :p Take THAT!

(She will likely turn us both down because we were fighting, lol) :D

Lol, calm down ladies. Let's see... I'll marry you both then. 2 is better than 1, I'd get more offers.

But wait, what can each of you offer?
(Besides Callie's insanity and food [I wonder what sort of food, although I do like oatmeal cookies.. ])

kamya said:

This man can really cook.

EveWasFramed said:

Hmm, now what could they be? Maybe I'd have interest in some of them... maybe Callie would too.. and then we could fight over you next. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Groucho said:
EveWasFramed said:

Well yes, which is why I said "no one I know." :p But then...I have a VERY limited social circle.

So come on then, tell us what you have to offer people.

Not... scared, are you?

Groucho said:
So come on then, tell us what you have to offer people.

Not... scared, are you?

*chuckles* You obviously don't know me too well if you have to ask that question. :p

Not scared - limited on typing time while at work. :D

EveWasFramed said:
VanillaCreme said:
Fried chicken ....

Will you marry me, Nilla? I want a harem....you, callie, jag, zero, Lady F...so many wonderful ladies here I'd want in said harem. (goo)

Yes. We shall forbid men! They'll eat all the fried chicken.

images

Latest posts

Back