What do YOU have to offer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightwing said:
jaguarundi said:
:D Seriously boys - the longer the list, the more it sounds like you are trying to convince ---- yourselves..... :D
I thought that was the whole point of this? To remind us all that we've got plenty to offer and try to avoid the depression-fuelled "I've got nothing to offer, that's why I'm single." thought process.

I'm guessing fishdish = me? Nightwing said it best - I thought this "exercise" was intended to be a reminder that we have more to offer than we think, and that "I've got nothing" is a cop-out. My list is long cause I wanted to dig deep and find as many good things about me as I can. Humility can be a virtue sometimes, but sometimes it's much more helpful to remember "I'm good and I know it!" :) Sometimes I feel that the biggest difference between me and a person, specifically a guy, who makes things happen, is how we carry ourselves. I get down on myself a lot. But sometimes it might actually be better to carry myself like a Rolling Stone.

So yes, in a roundabout way Jag, you're right on the money. It certainly could be a way to convince ourselves of our good traits and to remember we even have them in the first place.

I think reminding ourselves of our good qualities is a fine way to keep from slipping into "I have nothing to offer anyone" mode. Hence the exercise in this thread.
I do the whole "nothing to offer anyone" thing to myself, knowing full well I have a number of things to offer. It's hard to break out of that rut and remember that a lot of that is based on past relationship failures (even if they weren't your own "fault" - which would be a topic for a different thread. :p )

did I post already? I don't think so

what can I offer? healthy lifestyle, healthy emotional environment (most of the time, at least), loyalty, support, mostly balance, daily entertainment, open to new adventures, trips, etc, secret European "skills", a stubborn wish for open communication, spiritual experiences, VERY cuddly.
There are a couple of major downsides to all this, unfortunately.

A refined intelligence (though I don't always use it).

A rather twisted sense of humor.

Education (formal and self-educated).

A good amount of loyalty, but first you must prove that you merit such a gift.

Discretion. I will never tell your secrets, even after I've had a few drinks. I keep secrets & then forget about them.

Creativity when it's warranted.

Skilled with most hand tools including a few uncommon ones. I can fix things around the house.

Oh yeah, & I can open jars with my bare hands. I also have nice forearms, too.

i can offer love. all i want is to love someone who loves me unconditionally. Love is what helps make the world go round. I can offer my unconditional love if someone is willing to accept it.

Peaches said:

what can I offer? healthy lifestyle, healthy emotional environment (most of the time, at least), loyalty, support, mostly balance, daily entertainment, open to new adventures, trips, etc, secret European "skills", a stubborn wish for open communication, spiritual experiences, VERY cuddly.

Yeah, the downside is YOU live in Europe....all the really awesome ones live too far away ;)

WildernessWildChild said:
Peaches said:

Yeah, the downside is YOU live in Europe....all the really awesome ones live too far away ;)

That means it's not us - it's YOU. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Peaches said:

Yeah, you're on that list of to far away as well....didn't you know the Rockies in B.C. are the centre of the universe and EVERYTHING revolves around here?

EveWasFramed said:
Peaches said:

Yeah, you're on that list of to far away as well....didn't you know the Rockies in B.C. are the centre of the universe and EVERYTHING revolves around here?

**thinks - only after too much BEER ..**

jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:
Peaches said:

I might have one or two tonite in your honour daft lass.

jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:

Well I will clink metaphorical glasses over the hours, as I am about to make my lonely birthday dinner (fresh pasta with shrimp and scallop sauce with garlic, dill and cream. . . yummety yum yum) and partake of a chilled bottle of Chablis to go with it. Bottoms Up...

I make a good cup of tea and I'm good at the odd impersonation... I know what you're thinking, I'm not sure how the ladies resist me either

jaguarundi said:
jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:

Well I will clink metaphorical glasses over the hours, as I am about to make my lonely birthday dinner (fresh pasta with shrimp and scallop sauce with garlic, dill and cream. . . yummety yum yum) and partake of a chilled bottle of Chablis to go with it. Bottoms Up...

Glasses??? I was thinking more along the lines of sipping from your belly-button Darling ;)

jaguarundi said:
jaguarundi said:

Glasses??? I was thinking more along the lines of sipping from your belly-button Darling ;)

Oh, how lovely!!
**thinks - fuckit, better start cleaning the fluff out...**

jaguarundi said:
jaguarundi said:
jaguarundi said:

Oh, how lovely!!
**thinks - fuckit, better start cleaning the fluff out...**

LMAO

Peaches said:

:D you should all move to Europe

Peaches said:
Peaches said:

I want to visit but this is home for me. One of the things I've got wrote in a 'Living List' journal I've got going under my Walk the Earth section is to spend a couple of months in Europe. I won't necessarily be walking (plan on picking up a motorcycle to get around) but I will be living simply and without too much fixed agenda.

Peaches said:
Peaches said:

I've thought about it, Peaches. Have heard that women in most European countries are often not quite as materialistic as American women. As I'm not dirt poor but have no interest in living like Trump, nor the means for it, I find that appealing. The only things that make me hesitate are the language barrier (I took Spanish for two years in high school & was lousy at it), & the fact that western Europe particularly is in irrevocable decline. OTOH, so is the U.S.! Also we have worse crime problems in our cities.

Let's see
1) I'm studying to be an engineer and aspire to eventually get a Ph.D so that means financial stability
2) I'm good at analyzing problems of various sorts from diverse viewpoints and an analytical perspective be they social or ethical. (Guess that's why I study engineering)
3) As an active road cyclist, I have a heightened sex drive (studies say)
4) I'm good with technology
5) I read the news so I'm well informed
6) I deeply value family and tradition so I'm also loyal and dedicated
7) I'm a good listener
8) I don't drink or do drugs

Thing I wish I could offer
1) A genius mind
2) Good looks
3) Love making skills
4) Dating skills
5) Romance skills
6) Intimacy skills
7) Negotiation skills
8) Being able to tell good jokes
9) Someone that a potential wife or girlfriend could proudly introduce to friends
10) Wealth
11) Being a fun person to be around (I'm incredibly boring)
12) Making life interesting

I'd say I'm quite a catc... BUAHAHAHA

I had to laugh.

Latest posts

Back