What do YOU have to offer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MTrip said:
I've thought about it, Peaches. Have heard that women in most European countries are often not quite as materialistic as American women. As I'm not dirt poor but have no interest in living like Trump, nor the means for it, I find that appealing. The only things that make me hesitate are the language barrier (I took Spanish for two years in high school & was lousy at it), & the fact that western Europe particularly is in irrevocable decline. OTOH, so is the U.S.! Also we have worse crime problems in our cities.

LOL! This just reminded me of part of a stand up comedy routine I saw when an American showed up to make some pretty wild assertions about the rest of the world. Dara O'Briain did a bit in his stand up show on stereotypes around the world. The words the audience came out with for the US stereotype were fat and stupid. You're definitely not helping this, because just about everything you've said there about Europe is misinformed.

1. Yes we have materialistic women here. Check out the attractive women who have married ugly professional footballers. You can be as generous and give as much benefit of the doubt as you like... nobody will deny the money was playing at least a fairly significant role.
2. There are parts of Spain (for example, look up the popular destinations of British Ex-Pats) where English is the predominant language. This applies to a number of European countries where English is not the national language.
3. What's this irrevocable decline? Economic? Moral? Social? We're no further along or behind the rest of the world. (Certain EU countries could be accused of being further along the economic decline, but let's remember that's 2 or 3 out of 28.) But ultimately, none of it is beyond rescue.
4. In terms of percentage crime, some parts of Europe are safer than the US, others are less safe. Bit of a wild assertion there.

Perhaps you should try visiting Europe and actually seeing for yourself before making lots of "poor me" statements about the tragedy of living in the US. There's a lot less between first world countries than you'd think. The differences are spread quite widely if you really get into the nitty-gritty of it. It'd be a good horizon broadening experience to take a trip anyway!

Back on topic - What do I have to offer? Breadth of knowledge... which is also a negative lol.

WK95 said:
Let's see
1) I'm studying to be an engineer and aspire to eventually get a Ph.D so that means financial stability
2) I'm good at analyzing problems of various sorts from diverse viewpoints and an analytical perspective be they social or ethical. (Guess that's why I study engineering)
3) As an active road cyclist, I have a heightened sex drive (studies say)
4) I'm good with technology
5) I read the news so I'm well informed
6) I deeply value family and tradition so I'm also loyal and dedicated
7) I'm a good listener
8) I don't drink or do drugs

Thing I wish I could offer
1) A genius mind
2) Good looks
3) Love making skills
4) Dating skills
5) Romance skills
6) Intimacy skills
7) Negotiation skills
8) Being able to tell good jokes
9) Someone that a potential wife or girlfriend could proudly introduce to friends
10) Wealth
11) Being a fun person to be around (I'm incredibly boring)
12) Making life interesting

I'd say I'm quite a catc... BUAHAHAHA

I had to laugh.

quite a catch AND a sense of humor, I'm sold ;)

I'm (mostly) easy going.
I'm willing to get along with or fit myself with people, if I find at least something I like about them.
I give chances and look the other way on some flaws because I have flaws too, and I hope someone would give me the same allowance to not be perfect as long as I'm willing to try to do better.
I can also help with others' flaws if it's something I know how to help with, and if they want to.

TheSkaFish said:
I'm (mostly) easy going. 
I'm willing to get along with or fit myself with people, if I find at least something I like about them. 
I give chances and look the other way on some flaws because I have flaws too, and I hope someone would give me the same allowance to not be perfect as long as I'm willing to try to do better. 
I can also help with others' flaws if it's something I know how to help with, and if they want to.

can you teach me necromancy? like how you raised this thread? rad as heck dude

Aardra said:
can you teach me necromancy? like how you raised this thread? rad as heck dude

Simple trick - sometimes I just check the bottom of a thread and look at all the related threads it comes up with. I'll click on one, and maybe click on that thread's related threads. It's kind of like Wikipedia - you can keep going, and going, and going.

Or I'll just see what's on a random page number in one of the categories.

I don't know. Depends on what a potential mate looks for.
It's like an advertising of myself.

I've thought about it but the answer is nothing in fact. At least nothing special, almost anyone can offer the same.

Talking, understanding, care, honesty... is this still needed in a modern world?
Provide a companion for hiking/skiing/skating/etc
Belay
Opportunity to take a part in my strange projects
Install OS on a computer 
Hugs after all
And yeah, I can bake cookies ) so I have cookies am I a darkside thereby?

Yes, nice going Skafish. I guess I'm basically decent, but beyond that I'm not sure. Whatever I have to offer is probably irrelevant.

Throughout the majority of my adult life things hardly ever got the stage where even short conversations could happen with any member of the opposite sex who might have been single and near my age. It was almost like women were taking mental notes as to where the unattractive/awkward men were and making sure never to be in any kind of social situation/physical space where you could feasibly speak to them. I'm not the kind of person to try and push myself on women in public, so this has been the main problem. Women were everywhere, yet seemed to have this uncanny ability to never be 'around' where it was socially acceptable to say hello and try and get to know them. Not sure what else to say, really.

The only long standing interactions I've had with women have been online, and during those few instances some unflattering aspects of myself were revealed (basically being too self-involved, whiny, lacking in social intuition)

iu

I think I have a lot to offer!

I'm self-sufficient financially.
I own my home and car.
I know how to budget (though I spend a bit too much).
I'm handy and try to be a diy-er.
I am a great cook and baker, I love to make dinners and share a glass of wine.
I'm in good shape, I'm healthy and eat well.
I enjoy romance and affection.
I have a good sense of humour.
I'm loyal, a bit of an introvert, so not a social butterfly.
I don't need to cling to a man, I enjoy my space so he can too.
I like comfort and coziness, no need to look for anything beyond my home.
I love animals, have many pets and enjoy nature and wildlife.
I'm active and love to be outdoors.
I'm creative and artistic.
I've been told I'm pretty, I don't need makeup and I look much younger than my age.
I take care of my appearance and hygiene.
I'm not religious but I have a spiritual nature about me and I'm positive and grateful for every moment I have.
My heart is filled with love and I have great compassion and empathy.

This was a very good exercise for my self-esteem, thank you. <3

I am loving. My partner will always be a priority.
I can open my own jars.
I am driven to solve problems, and have the patience to do so one step at a time.
For the most part, I am calm and my emotions don't stop me from getting stuff done. I don't typically panic.
I enjoy working, and find purpose in most things I do.
I am protective.
I can cook, and look forward to learning how to cook new things. I make wonderful lasagna.
Financial stability is an importance in my life, and I am willing to do the work to get there.
I will do all of the housework.
My partner's music will be an important part of my listening time.
I have gotten pretty good at entertaining myself, in my alone time.
I have really awesome children.
I love dogs.

ardour said:
Yes, nice going Skafish.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what for?

ardour said:
I guess I'm basically decent, but beyond that I'm not sure. Whatever I have to offer is probably irrelevant.

I feel pretty similarly...not sure what I can do about it. I guess I don't have enough to offer, but I don't know how, or if, I can get more.

ardour said:
Throughout the majority of my adult life things hardly ever got the stage where even short conversations could happen with any member of the opposite sex who might have been single and near my age. It was almost like women were taking mental notes as to where the unattractive/awkward men were and making sure never to be in any kind of social situation/physical space where you could feasibly speak to them. I'm not the kind of person to try and push myself on women in public, so this has been the main problem. Women were everywhere, yet seemed to have this uncanny ability to never be 'around' where it was socially acceptable to say hello and try and get to know them. Not sure what else to say, really.

It wasn't quite like this for me - I thought it was, but really it was more of an issue of being out of touch with cultural references, not having relatable thoughts and interests and views, seeming too naive and "innocent" to be masculine or interesting/exciting. And not expressing myself for fear of making myself a target for bullies. All of that was hard to do because I just didn't know it, and you don't know what you don't know. Also, it tended to cost money. I feel like I'm still catching up in a lot of ways.

ardour said:
The only long standing interactions I've had with women have been online, and during those few instances some unflattering aspects of myself were revealed (basically being too self-involved, whiny, lacking in social intuition)

It's true that you have to watch what you say, but don't call yourself whiny - that's what people say that just got where they are by dumb luck, and want to congratulate themselves for it, putting others down while blowing their own pipe. Or people who don't really even have anything themselves, who want to feel better about themselves by feeling like they're better than other have-nots. Give yourself more credit!

I've experienced ego death.
I'm have a low maintanance cost.
I'm extremely smart.
I always speak the truth.
I always make the best decisions.
I exclusively communicate non verbally.
I have the best taste in music.
I'm very rich.
I have no bad qualities.

Latest posts

Back