Share Your Spring

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguarundi

Reaction score
It was a beautiful day today, the sun was warm and the bees were out on the blossom. It felt as if Spring was on it's way after months (it seems) of rain..

So I thought it might be nice if we could all share Spring with each other, in photos (I took this today) quotes, or just thoughts on growth and renewal. So even those of you who live in places with little difference in the seasons can maybe join in, if you want to.

23jogls.jpg

Loveliest of Trees

From A Shropshire Lad By A. E. Housman

Loveliest of trees, the cherry now
Is hung with bloom along the bough,
And stands about the woodland ride
Wearing white for Eastertide.

Now, of my threescore years and ten,
Twenty will not come again,
And take from seventy springs a score,
It only leaves me fifty more.

And since to look at things in bloom
Fifty springs are little room,
About the woodlands I will go
To see the cherry hung with snow.

nice idea, I will take a picture tomorrow of something pretty I saw the other day

Great Idea :) Lovely pic and poem Jags :)
For me spring is about flowers. From the carpet of snowdrops in stately homes to the abundance of lilac, yellow and white crocuses in Edinburgh's squares.
It also signifies new life, lambs chicks and bunnies to name but a few.

2q1z8t2.jpg
[/img]
IMG

2u766p0.jpg
[/img]

Ooooh look at the lambs - I love sheep and lambs (erm, I like eating them too). And the lovely flowers! Thanks Tulip! Lets have more Spring...

^Nice rainbow! I look forward to you springing your photos on us when the season turns up outside your door...

Same for those who live where there is still snow. It gets to be spring sometime - please share it then.:) That way we ALL can have a few months of spring. :D

Springs still three weeks away here....

Here's the dock I'm gonna throw Callie off-
4mas.jpg

And here's the hut I'll be hiding (cowering) in after she gets out....
fgvu.jpg

............... and here's the black eye you'll be getting when she catches you!!

20ixjec.jpg

jaguarundi said:

............... and here's the black eye you'll be getting when she catches you!!

20ixjec.jpg

Sighhhhhhh....such happy memories of my youth....and Rescue School last week (I got a black eye during practicals).
xs1s.jpg

^ And now for something completely different..

20 minutes in march - a walk with le chien

Blustery with drenching rain this morning, I waited until it stopped before taking my dog out for a quick walk. Neither of us like getting wet! :)

Fully fitted out in my red raincoat and his blue and red one, we stepped out, and as we got out of the front gate, the sun came out. The chateau and the old cloisters, which lie over to the west, were suddenly illuminated by the morning sunshine, so that their limestone walls stood out in creams and rusts against the sky, dark steel grey behind them. A few lower pale-grey clouds skidded along over the deepening grey like cheeky puffs of cigarette smoke.

We set out briskly around the block. In the east, the ridge of trees still waiting for their spring leaves stood out blackly against a brilliant blue sky, with puffy white clouds and strong sunlight. All the bare shrubs and trees in peoples' gardens had droplets of rain trembling on their branches, which caught the sunlight and exploded with rainbows of light.

Some of the blossom trees had scattered a pink or white confetti of petals on the dark tarmac, and a few puddles reflected back the branches waving above them.

But the dark-grey sheet of clouds was moving in my direction, seeming to get more heavy and threatening as it came closer. The sunny moment was definitely not going to last much longer. We upped our pace to a much brisker trot, and as the wind came up and the first spiteful spits of rain began, we got back home - just in time to avoid being soaked.

Lovely. Beautiful blossoms and flowers. See, told you spring would come - even to Scotland .... eventually lol :D

Thanks Jags and Anahita .

My favourite photo is the blossom tree, love the combination of the pink against the blue, blue sky.:)

Latest posts

Back