Perks of being single ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emotional and mental freedom. Less second guessing of what I desire and what I'm planning for the future. Less stress over following my heart.

I can have cereal for dinner if I want to (well I still cook for my kiddo)
I get the whole dang closet to myself
All the DVR shows are mine and I can watch them whenever I please (ok there's a few kid's shows in there too :) )

-Teresa

Freedom to flirt with whomever whenever.
The thrill of knowing that your future love life is a mystery and you don't know who you're going to fall in love with.

Freedom to cook what you want, eat what you want, do what you want and go wherever you want either alone or with whomever you want whenever you want without caring what anyone thinks.

The freedom to fully explore being your own person and not losing any part of your identity from being so wrapped up in another person.

I'm going to stick with the main theme here and say, freedom. You only have to worry about yourself.

Not having your happiness be partially dependent on someone else's.

I'm making the best of it but I don't really love it that much. If I did I would be single for the rest of my life. I don't want that.

There's many perks to being single, just like there's many being in a relationship.

Personally I'm terrible at being single, all the freedom gets to my head and i run around drunk with power! On the up side taking the time to really know yourself is imperative, if you don't then who will...

WildernessWildChild said:
No one questions my wardrobe choices:D

I totally do. That animal skin you wear on Wednesdays has seen better times. Also, those brown boots with the holes in them need to be retired.

But I just broke those boots in :(

And Wednesday night is casual night....when's Wednesday btw?

1. No nagging
2. Not having to put up false airs to impress someone
3. Being able to do things your way
4. Privacy especially if you live alone
5. Spend money on yourself
etc

Latest posts

Back