Introspective thoughts... Thank you - ALL Community!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas]

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will always remember what seems like a very long time ago now, the first post I ever made on this forum. I broke up with the only girl I have loved (yes, even now 4 years later). At the time, I remember going through intense troubles.. turbulence.. depression and guilt. I essentially chose the path of "blame yourself to make it more simple".

So I turned to this forum. Now, I do say this often when I come back from a time of absence from here - but it's something that I can't seem to avoid because to me it's simply an undeniable truth. This community is wonderful and the people within it... you're all so kind. It's like a collective of people who know in some variant shape or form exactly the dynamics of emotional distress that others have gone through - and you always try and help. Yes, you! It's incredible - thank you.

So, something that I will always remember from writing that first thread of mine. In the midst of my anguish, I remember their usernames exactly - "IgnoredOne" and "TheSolitaryMan". I wonder if they're still here and talking on the forum? They responded to me and helped in the most simple way - They gave me their blunt and honest points of view. I still remember the exact advice even that they gave to me - isn't it incredible that some people on this forum have had that positive and helpful impact on someone else's life.. They gave a portion of their time to help, and even all of this time later - I am so grateful.

They are only 2 of many users here. I also remember SophiaGrace (where did she go??). Out of the blue one time I came here from a period of absence, I found an email from her - I had spoken in threads a few times with her but never personally or in a lot of detail. She actually told me that she missed my thoughts and inputs on the forum.. she told me that she felt I genuinely cared and helped others through my time here. I wonder if she has any idea, even to this day, how much those 5 minutes of her time have helped me? I remember. And you'd be surprised about the "little things" that people take with them forever.

How do you feel at the moment? Are you down or disheartened? Take a moment to think about someone you've spoken to here on the forum. What "little thing" have you contributed that has turned a little part of someone's world around! You probably won't even know.. but the chances are if you like it here and participate here, that you've done a great job : )

There are too many people to name apart from those that I already have! But I'm sure that you know who you are (Even you, Mr DarkPoet!!).

Take care everyone. Kind regards..

Thomas.

I wish you all the best, Thomas.

It's time for an ALL group hug now. *ALLhugs* :)

IgnoredOne hasn't on in awhile, hopefully he's doing okay. TSM still posts occasionally.

Awe a group hug...(ladyf get your hand off my butt :D lol jk)

EveWasFramed said:
That wasn't HER hand.

Anyway, to the OP... :) very kind words, thank you!

Lmao. I was grabbing someone's something but I honestly can't recall what now. :p It was all too.... close and huggy.
Whose hand was it on Sci's butt?! Now I'm curious. Own up, butt person!

Latest posts

Back