Batman Arkham Knight

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sci-Fi

Watcher
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The FINAL installment of the mega hit Arkham series.
a34d8a31-2e20-4576-9fe0-4591544d9ae3_zps84b11a7e.png

[video=youtube]

I peed myself...figuratively speaking. :D

Oh, is this the new game? Some of my friends were talking about it, but I haven't checked anything about it. They were happy about the no multiplayer.

Yep the new game due out later this year. And for the first time ever you are going to get to drive the Batmobile!! That badass street hogging Batmobile.

I don't know why but they always base the Batman character on me.

Sci-Fi said:
Yep the new game due out later this year. And for the first time ever you are going to get to drive the Batmobile!! That badass street hogging Batmobile.

I'm starting to wonder how Rocksteady will approach this...

How many of you think it's going to be like PS1's Batman and Robin? XD It would be really nice, and hilarious, if they make it like that: crashing into other cars and explode them, running over NPCs or just randomly punch them, etc. After all, isn't this an open-world game?

Well... we can only wait and hope to see a rich and live Gotham City, with some NPCs walking around the streets. I'm sure there will be a few, otherwise Gotham City will feel like the one from Origins: empty and lifeless.

Here's gameplay from Batman and Robin, for those who don't know what I'm talking about ;)

solonely20 said:
I liked arkham city so this one should be even better

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/batma...ghts_gotham_is_5x_as_big_as_arkham_citys.html

Oh, it will be better. =)

An amazing announcement trailer and the video quality looks incredible!

Who do you think is the villain who speaks in the beginning of the trailer? My guess would be Scarecrow, because he mentions something with unleashing fear.

Anybody else annoyed at the fact they're only putting it on the next gen consoles and PC?

Dexter said:
An amazing announcement trailer and the video quality looks incredible!

Who do you think is the villain who speaks in the beginning of the trailer? My guess would be Scarecrow, because he mentions something with unleashing fear.

Yeah, I'm certain it's the Scarecrow too, but I'm more curious about this "Arkham Knight" villain. Who knows, maybe it's him talking at the beginning of the trailer o_O.

Nightwing said:
Anybody else annoyed at the fact they're only putting it on the next gen consoles and PC?

Not me and I'll admit, I don't have any next gen consoles or even a PC.

I think Origins is the example of why the game cannot be on PS3 and 360. It's the definitive proof of how far the series can go on previous gen consoles.

But still, it would be nice to have a watered-down port.
If I wouldn't have the opportunity to play it on next gen consoles, I'd rather have the graphics reduced, but still have the same gameplay.

Scarecrow makes his return uniting Gotham's villains against Batman after the shocking ending of Arkham City. The villains so far are Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Penguin and The Riddler. We'll get to see Oracle too in the game, not just a voice in your ear this time around.

The environment will be 5 times the size of Arkham City.

Nightwing said:

I see how many people would hate this, especially if they don't have or don't plan to get either next gen. But, I don't blame the devs for pushing it away from the last gen. They need to build the games for these next gens.

AnonymousMe said:
Nightwing said:

I think Origins is the example of why the game cannot be on PS3 and 360. It's the definitive proof of how far the series can go on previous gen consoles.

If I wouldn't have the opportunity to play it on next gen consoles, I'd rather have the graphics reduced, but still have the same gameplay.

No. Nononononono! Bad anonymousme! Bad!

Rocksteady had nothing to do with Arkham Origins which is colloquially known as Betaman because WB Montreal and Splash Damage rushed the job to release a beta version of a game as the full release. Hence why it has added new features like random crashing, floors not forming correctly and (my personal favourite) the random activating counter. That game was a terrible rushed job, created by a different studio exclusively to cash in on the success of the previous two games made by Rocksteady (who refuse to set a specific deadline. They believe it will be ready in 2014. But it will be ready when it's ready. When it's properly polished and things work the way they're supposed to.)

Origins is known amongst the Batman community, gaming community and speedrunning community as something of an abortion. So I couldn't disagree more strongly with the idea that it demonstrated how far the games can be taken on PS3 X360. The game was poor compared to City because the studios were ******** focused on making money ahead of releasing a quality product. I also don't trust Sefton Hill's comments on the need to focus on the next gen. This is because he's lied to me in person before. They're focusing on one gen because it's less work. (So I don't really blame them for that, but trying to spin it as a positive does irk me.)

Overall, what grinds my gears here is that I don't want to pay for a new console just for one game and I'm more than a little resentful that Rocksteady haven't thought about the thousands of fans of their series who don't have money coming out of their asses and can't afford a PC that's good enough to play the game (or the next gen console at like £400 or $700 or whatever silly money it costs these days.) Does everybody here own a next gen console or serious gaming PC?

Nightwing said:
AnonymousMe said:
Nightwing said:

No. Nononononono! Bad anonymousme! Bad!

Rocksteady had nothing to do with Arkham Origins which is colloquially known as Betaman because WB Montreal and Splash Damage rushed the job to release a beta version of a game as the full release. Hence why it has added new features like random crashing, floors not forming correctly and (my personal favourite) the random activating counter. That game was a terrible rushed job, created by a different studio exclusively to cash in on the success of the previous two games made by Rocksteady (who refuse to set a specific deadline. They believe it will be ready in 2014. But it will be ready when it's ready. When it's properly polished and things work the way they're supposed to.)

Origins is known amongst the Batman community, gaming community and speedrunning community as something of an abortion. So I couldn't disagree more strongly with the idea that it demonstrated how far the games can be taken on PS3 X360. The game was poor compared to City because the studios were ******** focused on making money ahead of releasing a quality product. I also don't trust Sefton Hill's comments on the need to focus on the next gen. This is because he's lied to me in person before. They're focusing on one gen because it's less work. (So I don't really blame them for that, but trying to spin it as a positive does irk me.)

Overall, what grinds my gears here is that I don't want to pay for a new console just for one game and I'm more than a little resentful that Rocksteady haven't thought about the thousands of fans of their series who don't have money coming out of their asses and can't afford a PC that's good enough to play the game (or the next gen console at like £400 or $700 or whatever silly money it costs these days.) Does everybody here own a next gen console or serious gaming PC?

I don't even know how to respond to that...

Latest posts

Back