Free writing.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indifferent

Reaction score
In an indie cafe that shouldn't exist in this scene-less mid-Wisconsin pit-stop. Surrounded by strangers who kindly ignore how I appear homeless or loaded. A barrage of first dates, handshakes, Tom Waits; nailing every cliche proudly without hesitation. Quite the well done social commentary far more serving than me. Perception easily lost through follow up questions and a wider understanding of grinning faces. With meaning still never to be taken differently from the limitations I've already drawn upon them. Given out as "Hello" and received as a mere seconds glance. Interpreted as all I have to offer, existence faltered by face value and mixed emotions, I no longer look in the mirror for why but to better grasp who's stuck looking back. I bide my time in anticipation for the replenishing "Hello" from someone less inclined to reject simple gestures. While statistically they might not stay, I'll appreciate the chance at obtaining affection, and clench onto moments that never happen.

Latest posts

Back