How long are you willing to wait for the man/woman of your dreams?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
Will you remain single/reserved for that person? Will thoughts that he or she is with someone else bother you? And what if you do finally meet him/her and he/she is not what you expected?

I'm not sure. I don't want to wait forever but at the same time, being with someone who is not the woman of my dreams would not be enjoyable. I just couldn't put forth much of an effort or get very excited about any of it when the whole time I would just be wishing I was with someone that I actually do want to be with. It wouldn't feel like I'd really solved anything.

Idol Minos said:
Will you remain single/reserved for that person? Will thoughts that he or she is with someone else bother you? And what if you do finally meet him/her and he/she is not what you expected?

I have met the woman of my dreams loads of times. She was never interested !

ok, I'll wait… how long was that? 5 minutes? Haven't I waited enough? (…) enough already?
all right, I am over waiting

I don't believe that there is only ONE person that I am waiting for. However, I will wait for someone special. The best way I can put it is that I don't plan on "settling" for anyone else just for the sake of being with someone.

I've dated at least one girl in the past that I knew wasn't "the one," but I dated her just so I had someone. I've since changed my tune and now if I know I'm not into someone, I just end it. I guess I'll keep searching until I find someone who meets my expectations. Like edgecrusher said, we don't have to settle. We all deserve better than that.

I realize it might be hard to find someone who can accept my anxiety towards dating, but I keep working on improving myself and hope one day I'll find someone who I desire and can accept me, despite my quirks.

Idol Minos said:

I DO want to stay single for that one person, and thoughts that she might be with someone else does bother me. But it feels right.

And even if that person isn't want I expected when we meet, it won't matter. If they're the right person, we'll work hard to make things work. Somehow :)

I'm in no rush as I'm just 18. Many people struggle solely because they are in a rush to get into a relationship and the result is that they fail to get on and get depressed or they get one but one that is far from ideal.

Until my 21st birthday, after that, I'm quitting. Waiting gets you no where, and it's an EXCUSE that people use to not change anything. If I want a lexus, I am not going to wait to buy that lexus. Appealing to and having shallow standards can be a good thing sometimes.

TooMuchAnxiety said:
I've dated at least one girl in the past that I knew wasn't "the one," but I dated her just so I had someone. I've since changed my tune and now if I know I'm not into someone, I just end it. I guess I'll keep searching until I find someone who meets my expectations. Like edgecrusher said, we don't have to settle. We all deserve better than that.

I realize it might be hard to find someone who can accept my anxiety towards dating, but I keep working on improving myself and hope one day I'll find someone who I desire and can accept me, despite my quirks.

You're right, we all deserve better, but 'deserve' is not what its about is it? I have had ONE serious relationship in my whole life and that came because I met a girl who I enjoyed being with but I didn't fancy her! Purely because I just wanted to be friends with her made her want me even more!

Women not settling for less than their 'idea' of a dream Man means: A lot of guys go un appreciated and HAVE to settle for either 2nd best or in the worst case nothing! Its almost like being a chocolate bar and being thrown in the bin before the woman has even taken the wrapper off! Or just being left at the shop before the woman has even had a proper taste!

Men not settling for less than their 'idea' of a dream woman means: 1. they're extremely rich and lucky. 2. They've got a high quality of life and have reached a good level of success and are so in a very good condition. 3. They are too stubborn to realise just like the women described above that perfection is generally imperfection and that you may well find something golden in a seemingly un golden place.

'Seem' isn't 'dream' and 'dream' isn't 'seem' and so when something seems to not be your dream you're dream may still be there!

Don't judge quickly on anybody because life is long lived!

As long as there is still love in my life. Once there is no more left (from people other than her), then either she will be there or I will finally get to rest in peace. At this point, I have no particular preference for either option, I just want the quickest possible resolution

I don't think there's one right person for me. I am always evolving and changing so anyone could be the right person at any particular time. I wouldn't wait for someone better to show up though if I am already attracted to someone in the present. I'd try to work it out with that person :)

It doesn't bother me if my future partner has been with other women. In fact, I'd much rather him be with all the wrong women until he finds me aka the right one :p

As for expectations, I already have low expectations to begin with so not much of a problem there. I'd try to make the relationship work despite differences.

I´m one of those who believe in romance in its most magical understanding.
But having said that, I do not believe I´m a part of that world where it can exist. All of other people live in this world, or most of them, but I do not feel like being a part of it. I dont think I´m a part of it. Hard to explain really.
To cut it short, I believe, almost know, that I will be alone till the end of days.
I´m not searching for a partner, nor I´m a open to a possibility of having one.
But at the same time, I believe this code can be overwritten by someone who is "The One":)

So at the end of it, I´m willing to wait until I´m found by her, or until I am no more.

I know from experience that it's much more lonely being trapped in a relationship with the wrong person than being on my own.

I'm not waiting for the man of my dreams, but I'm not interested in being with somebody just for the sake of it.

Latest posts

Back