Inspiration doesn't talk to me anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnb

Reaction score
I used to know someone in real life who I told was an inspiration to me, but he doesn't respond to my texts/voicemail/e-mail/anything anymore. He hasn't blocked me anywhere though for some reason. He has told me he is very "busy" and that he neglects Internet messages but he used to respond to my messages more when we talked in real life so I know that something has changed. I know people are going to say it is best to move on, but it is just so difficult because I said some things to him that I have never said to anyone in my life in a positive way. Maybe he thinks I am a weirdo =/ I really have no idea. I complement him on his skills with true beliefs, but still nothing. It would make anyone upset. I'm pretty sure he is reading the messages though because he works with mobile phones every day.

What should I do? I think I am being a great person, but the other person does not reciprocate. Maybe I have to show more interest in what he likes, I don't know. It makes me cry whenever I think about how this relationship went.

He might be uncomfortable with all the compliments he is receiving, being someone's inspiration might be too big a load to carry. I'm guessing, obviously, but people I know personally would think I'm hitting on them if I was too flattering towards them.

You can get inspiration from other sources. He might be feeling a bit overwhelmed with your eagerness towards him.

By inspiration I'm not sure if you mean to be inspired to go on to do things, or be inspired for ideas and thoughts. Walks, even boredom can cause ideas to turn up!

Groucho said:
By inspiration I'm not sure if you mean to be inspired to go on to do things, or be inspired for ideas and thoughts. Walks, even boredom can cause ideas to turn up!

Yeah, inspired to go on to do things.

Grackle said:
He might be uncomfortable with all the compliments he is receiving, being someone's inspiration might be too big a load to carry. I'm guessing, obviously, but people I know personally would think I'm hitting on them if I was too flattering towards them.

Yeah, but lately I have just been asking to talk and no response.

This may sound dumb or naive, or even hurtful, but maybe become someone he wishes to talk to to, who inspires him as well. It may not be easy for people who inspire others to feed all of them, without getting something (life force, energy, inspiration) in return.

I may be wrong though, I know nothing about your situation, about you, or him. So sorry if I said something inappropriate.

Mr.YellowCat said:
This may sound dumb or naive, or even hurtful, but maybe become someone he wishes to talk to to, who inspires him as well. It may not be easy for people who inspire others to feed all of them, without getting something (life force, energy, inspiration) in return.

I may be wrong though, I know nothing about your situation, about you, or him. So sorry if I said something inappropriate.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. This is why I think we need more common interests if I want to talk to him more I suppose.

well... there is a world of inspirational people - and they can be found online!

inspiration is not so much about the person, just the things they say right?

Really, inspiration comes from within. people are just people. words are just words. The meaning behind them is different for everyone. You find inspiration in someone because they reflect what you yourself believe in the most. you can cultivate these feelings on your own. and be your own inspiration.

MadMonkè said:
well... there is a world of inspirational people - and they can be found online!

inspiration is not so much about the person, just the things they say right?

Really, inspiration comes from within. people are just people. words are just words. The meaning behind them is different for everyone. You find inspiration in someone because they reflect what you yourself believe in the most. you can cultivate these feelings on your own. and be your own inspiration.

No, inspiration I think is more about what they do. I truly believe that what he does is good, so I became inspired.

I don't have many online friends anymore. I have better luck with real life people who I don't have to rely on to be online at all times.

Latest posts

Back