Embarrassing but funny moments & mishaps...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone had one of those doozie moments at one point or another in their lifetime... Nothing too serious but things that you can't help but to laugh at yourself afterwards... One of those incidents that I always remember happened in my early 30's... I had my appendix taken out & I stayed in the hospital for few days after the surgery... One morning, I woke up with this nagging craving for a cup of coffee... Still groggy from the painkiller they've given me right before falling asleep and a bit of lingering pain, I couldn't really get my balance right... I struggled out of bed, grabbed a plastic cup & proceeded to walk to nurses station hoping they had pot of coffee... I had one of those hospital gowns that had wide open backside that has a little dinky strings to tie in the back... Just as I got to the nurses station, I dropped my plastic cup... So without even thinking, I bent over to pick it up and wooshhhh... My gown decided to come open on the back side... Now, I'm bent over in the middle of the hospital with a gown hanging around my neck, butt naked underneath, mooning the entire nurse's staff along with other patients walking around at the moment... As soon as it dawned on me what happened, I tried getting back up but because of the pain, I couldn't move fast enough... After what it felt like 17 years & 4 days, all I hear is long silence then EVERYBODY bust out laughing... In the midst of everyone laughing, one of the nurse came over to help me up, obviously trying to hold back her laugh... At that exact moment, all that came out of my mouth was, "gobble, gobble, gobble..." Not a thank you, not "oh my god", or not even a curse word, "holy, sh**!!" Well, for those of you that don't get the picture, I'm bent over with my pair of balls hanging down & that's what I thought of, a turkey neck... Nurse almost fell laughing too hard as another round of laughing busted out, I held my head down & mumbled under my breath, "Ummm... You guys got any coffee?" Next day when I woke up, there was a pot of coffee with a picture of turkey in front of it & a little note, "To our little mascot... Feel better soon... Nursing Staff..." And there had to be a dozen signatures of nurses... When I checked out of the hospital & getting wheel chaired pass the nurse's station the next day, some of the nurses had smirk on their faces & waved me good bye...

Any embarrassing moments in your life & how did you handle it?

^ROFL

Personally I believe that they design those gowns deliberately to give the staff a good laugh!!

jaguarundi said:
^ROFL

Personally I believe that they design those gowns deliberately to give the staff a good laugh!!

Lol, yeah, right? I wouldn't exactly call myself shy but I'm usually very introverted... I don't interact with people all that much... I don't know what happened that day...

OK here's one:

Back at that office job that made me feel like a zombie, one day it was lunch time, it must have been Friday because one of the vanishingly few nice things about that place, was they provided lunch on some Fridays from some local restaurants. Anyway, it was my turn to serve myself, and while I was taking some food, I said to my friend something about this older guy who also worked there, that always looked so angry...

...I looked up from taking my portion to my friend, and right across from me, well within earshot, was the angry guy 😠
I was like "oh..." My friend chuckled, and I walked away, wishing I could just melt into the floor, feeling like a complete horse's ass 🐴

Yeah...that was pretty bad. I'm hoping the angry guy forgot all about it. Truth be told, I never actually talked to the guy, so I don't know if he was actually that angry. He only looked like it to me, and maybe because I was so angry working there, I thought he probably would be, too. Oh well 😄

Latest posts

Back