I have a Pygmalion complex.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zed

Reaction score
I googled the term "Pygmalion complex", assuming (wrongly) that I'd get a lot of psych pages... but the only thing I pulled up was an entry on urbandictionary.com.

I don't try to hide the fact that I'm picky about which traits I find attractive in a woman, and which traits turn me off... I've tested the waters about other people's feelings toward things such as lovebots and cloned partners and gotten hardly any agreement except from my best male friend, who hates his ex and says he wouldn't mind buying a custom lovebot or adopting an even-tempered clone woman as a life partner. Seems like everyone else and their grandfather finds the idea of a lovebot or a love-clone repugnant and immoral as all get-out.

I admit that sitting on a tiny chair on a shelf in my room is a fashion doll that I bought and customized a couple of years ago to look pretty much like my ideal partner... sometimes I even wonder what she'd be like if she was a real woman who lived with me.

Maybe my friend and I each have a Pygmalion complex... in my case, I just accept it. (shrug, shrug)

It's a guaranteed way to remain alone though.. but I guess what works for you, works for you.

Ah well... at least I learned how to sketch women with gorgeous faces over the last 20 years.

Latest posts

Back