Which ability would you choose?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which ability would you choose?

• Eating without getting fat

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Eidetic memory

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Never get tired

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Be liked by everyone

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • None, I don't want any

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wish I could have them all. But I chose the first one, eat without getting fat.

ladyforsaken said:
I wish I could have them all. But I chose the first one, eat without getting fat.
Oooo, that would be fun, since weight has been my bane all my life and 30+ years of on and off diets has gotten to be a drag but ... if I had a perfect memory my life would be so different from what it is now, college, different career, money so I'm going for the memory.

Imagine being able to remember everything you've ever seen, read, experienced ... there are so many things in my life I know I did but wish I could recall with any degree of clarity.

Never getting tired is what I chose because it can give me many advantages. I could exercise without getting tired in order to stay fit. I could work hard enough to develop an 'eidetic memory,' and much more work would be done. I could have enough energy to spend on people to like me (when I am obligated to since being liked isnt THAT important to me).

I chose eating without getting fat as I'm a yo-yo dieter.I just need to see a cream cake and I can feel my waistband expanding :p

Annie Bodie said:
ladyforsaken said:
Oooo, that would be fun, since weight has been my bane all my life and 30+ years of on and off diets has gotten to be a drag but ... if I had a perfect memory my life would be so different from what it is now, college, different career, money so I'm going for the memory.

Imagine being able to remember everything you've ever seen, read, experienced ... there are so many things in my life I know I did but wish I could recall with any degree of clarity.

I know what you mean. We always wish we had it all. But that's never possible. :p
I think for now, I could just do with enjoying all the different types of food in the world as much as I want without getting fat.. hehe.

9006 said:
Choose one of the above abilities.

What would you choose?

Is say never get tired, that way even if I eat and get fat, I can work out and not get tired. Also, I'd have a lot more free time, since I love sleep so much right now! Lol

Sarah said:
Is say never get tired, that way even if I eat and get fat, I can work out and not get tired. Also, I'd have a lot more free time, since I love sleep so much right now! Lol

Haha thats exactly what I thought :).

Eating without getting fat, yummm. :) I just need to look at one tiny candy and almost gaining weight, lol.

I wonder how many ladies here would pick eating and not getting fat? I know that's what I picked:)

I think I'd pick eating without getting fat. I was stuck between that and eidetic memory, but my memory is already pretty good and as fond as I am of absorbing as much information as I possibly can, I think eating without getting fat would in practical ways make life more enjoyable than having an eidetic memory. I donno though, still wavering on it... Never getting tired is one I was stuck on too, because I get worn out quite easily these days and I wish everyday living did not sap so much of my energy. But I don't really mind getting tired in general, and for me there are benefits to not being awake all the time (even though sleep brings nightmares). I am world-weary and often lonely, and sleep can be a welcome respite.

/Overanalyzing

Sadly I don't have a problem with putting on weight, nor do I mind getting tired I like to sleep, all comfy in bed wrapped in my blankets. My memory isn't the best and sometimes if I don't write things down, which you can't always do or look like a weirdo if you do it in public. I will see things and want to remember it to tell someone later, but forget what it was, like a funny license plate or something. I knew a person that had an eidetic memory, it always amazed me.

Never getting tired would be great! Now I'm stuck daydreaming about what I could do with an extra 8 hours in my day. Wow... maybe I'll eventually try the polyphasic sleep cycle.

I voted for never getting tired as well... Imagine being able to run for 17 years straight non stop... Well, except to eat & go to the bathroom & may be taking a shower... Talk about being able to see the world & being able to visit places, trying out everything once assuming it doesn't kill us or hurt us... I'm sure fighting lions bare handed requires little more than just not getting tired... Even if we can run forever, I'm sure lions can run a lot "faster" & catch us (?) & eat us or something... I'd be running along some country side, stop to help a guy fix a flat tire, run along for few hours more then stopping to eat at some local exotic diner, then taking off again for few more days, stopping in between for bathrooms & showers for short periods of time, then stopping at "running with the bulls" event... I guess things we could do are endless...

Latest posts

Back