I don't like going out anymore, at all.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspalas

Reaction score
Hi.

I used to love going out to bars, clubs, whatever. For the past 1,5 year I've started to dislike it more and more and more and more. I really don't like going out anymore. I think this is pretty strange, because going out was, for me, a way of meeting new people, I've met almost all of my current good friends while going out, but I don't like it anymore at all. Some of my friends feel the same way, because our "scene", the techno scene (I almost exclusively go to techno parties nowadays) is totally ruined, but most of them like going out as much as always, and now I'm slowly turning into that person who doesn't want to go out and if he does, goes home early.

I just don't feel like there's anything to it anymore. Nothing really happens while going out, and thinking about this makes me realize it's actually pretty weird; my average club night consists out of having dinner and some drinks with friends (I like this part), going to the club, getting drinks, talk a little, dance, smoke, getting drinks talk a little, dance, smoke, etc. etc. That's it. Sometimes I meet interesting people, and until about a year ago I enjoyed meeting girls, but I don't really like that anymore either; I'd like to have a serious relationship which I've never really had instead of fooling around with women who don't really mean anything to me.

Does anyone feel the same way? I'd like to get some different opinions on this.

Maybe you're just growing up, I also used to go out with friends to bars and whatever. Now It's not something I could be bothered with, I'd rather spend my money on something else or have better plans. The way you feel about things never stays the same like that.

It's normal to feel in that way, nothing wrong with it. :) Sometimes the things you like will change.

Yeah I guess. Thanks for the replies. I do enjoy music and dancing but what I hate the most about going out is the superficial people in most clubs... I'm still pretty young, most of my friends are older and still like going out. But thanks anyway, this seems to be quite normal after all.

^ What everyone else says. :) Just make sure that you find other interests and things to move on to, so you aren't just sitting home alone.

Latest posts

Back