McAfee Stuck on Full Scan

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman55

Reaction score
My McAfee virus scanner is stuck at 37%, the scan cannot be paused or canceled. It seems to be constantly scanning, when the PC starts up it is still scanning at 37%, nothing ever changes it. It's been 2 days like this now. My PC is still fully functional but I imagine it will slow things down if I use any intensive applications, and not to mention, I won't be able to scan anything manually until the matter is resolved.

I'm quite sure it's not due to a virus, but probably a corrupted file or something. Has anyone else had this happen?

Sounds like it's trying to scan either a corrupted file or path. You could try scheduling a drive scan and see if that makes any difference.

9006 said:
Sounds like it's trying to scan either a corrupted file or path. You could try scheduling a drive scan and see if that makes any difference.

thanks, i'll look into it.

Try to not use McAfee. It's not that effective. Try Malwarebytes Anti-malware instead.

The problem got resolved on its own today... the cause was not very surprising. Basically McAfee said it was updating. Once the update was done, everything went back to normal. But it took 2 days for the software to realize it had to download an update?

This kind of thing has happened before... it's trying to update, but doesn't tell you, and therefore it just gets stuck or simply turns off real-time scanning...

I'm sick of it. Thinking of uninstalling it and using the Windows built-in firewall.

I dislike most newer AV's, they all seem to hang or take loads of resources.

9006 said:
I dislike most newer AV's, they all seem to hang or take loads of resources.

I totally agree and don't even use anti-virus on mine. Now, if I do get some adware I will try to get rid of it with a few free adware/virus programs but if it takes more than a couple of hours, then I just do a fresh install.

Everything I download...mp3s, movies, pics, ebooks, and bookmarks...go straight to an external hard drive, so doing a fresh install is no problem, since I don't have to worry about backing anything up.

Latest posts

Back