Breakfast Club

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
30 years ago today, 5 kids met in detention... Of course I'm talking about the movie "breakfast club"... One of the reasons why I liked the movie so much was because each of them appeared so normal, for the most part or at least within their own "clicks", but was battling their own demons alone... It potrays very well how seemingly 5 kids from completely different environments come to find out how similar they are at the end & can relate to each other once they got to know each other... Anybody else have any impressions/opinions on this movie?

30 years ago today???!! ****, that makes me feel old! ;) Wicked movie, it's got a timeless feel to it - we related to it back in the 80's, and I think kids can still relate to it now. John Hughes movies rock!

Here's some of the John Hughes' movies, aside from breakfast club - All the "Home Alone" movies, Sixteen candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink & many others... These are the ones I can think of at the moment... Breakfast club is still one of my favorite movies... There's another movie called "St. Elmo's Fire"... I guess back in the mid-80's, popular theme was about "coming of age" type of movies... both movies, though different plots, have very similar feel to it... St. Elmo's Fire was directed by Joel Schumacher... I just like those types of movies, not like a lot of movies that have been coming out lately...

ringwood said:
Also Planes, Trains & Automobiles, and Uncle Buck...then a bunch of movies where he was involved wth the script writing.

I've heard of the movie Uncle Buck, though I've never seen it... Not sure about the other one you've mentioned... I know he made a lot of other movies & have some sort of part in making of others... I have to check them out...

I'm Judd Nelson's character, but without getting burned on the arm by a cigar.

The last time I watched The Breakfast Club, my friend up and left because I refused to stop saying the lines before the actors did. I really loved The Breakfast Club when I was a kid...

You don't really get movies like The Breakfast Club anymore - they all seem to go down the American Pie route.

ringwood said:
Also Planes, Trains & Automobiles, and Uncle Buck...then a bunch of movies where he was involved wth the script writing.

Planes, trains & Automobiles was great ! :)

Some kind of wonderful was good. It was only written by him though not directed.

Latest posts

Back