money problems causes depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddymack

Reaction score
lets face it .... money is everything.......
you cant do nothing without it....
i mean people say well go to college and stuff but that takes money as well and a big loan they will take forever to pay off just to graduate and have alot of people not get a good job still... and there are people who arent school people and it isnt fair.

college takes 4-5 years to finish .... then you have to go another 4 to 5 years..... then get a job and still work your way up for years just to get the good pay... on top of that most jobs required experience anyway.......

i dont mind working.... but i just dont want to work my way up for years and years then finally make money by time im 30-50 years old to finally have money ... i feel that i want to live a good life... people say " do what you love" just because i love something doesnt mean i want to wake up every single day being controlled working 8 hours a day missing holidays birthdays and family gatherings just to barley pay rent......
dont get me wrong i dont mind doing it for a few years but it takes very very long to get top money

its nothing you can do we are all stuck......unless you fortunate to become a famous actor singer/rapper but its bad things that come with that.....

even having good paying job is really no good either.... yes your bills are payed yes you can eat.. but then you really have no time to do anything you want to do expect for 2 days...... and a few vacation days u have off...

then most of the rich people are greedy and try to control you....
they feel like the work hard for they money.....
they feel to realize that some people are unfortunate do you not have the intelligence or the motivation or can push they mind as hard as they can....

i dont really consider my self depress or lonely just not satify i feel like im going to end up in a whole like everyone else working every day of they life.... the job i got is not enough.. i can save and save rounded it up how much i will have within a year ... still not enough....

If I was younger I would take up a trade like electrician or plumber. They make a good money ! And they apprentice which means you learn as you work.

But ya, its a real bummer being poor but it doesn't have to be a miserable life.

The problem I'm having is that the things I like are kind of whimsical. I'm not really into trades. For example, I couldn't see myself fixing cars or doing construction or crunching numbers or typing lines of code, or some other repetitive task over and over again every day for the rest of my life. I like to dive into things, find out new stuff. And like I've mentioned in the past, I'd like to nurture my creative side. If only I could find something that makes money that isn't dull, I don't want to spend most of the rest of my life mentally checked-out all day long.

Money problems are definitely the root cause of most of my stress lately. Even so, I was much worse off mentally when I was mooching off my parents. I was just sitting in my room wasting away all day.

kamya said:
Money problems are definitely the root cause of most of my stress lately. Even so, I was much worse off mentally when I was mooching off my parents. I was just sitting in my room wasting away all day.

too bad i dont know that feeling because i never did it an adult age( mooch off my parents) .... the problem is you have to be a slave for some chump change..... yea people lie to they self and act like they happy but i wont more things in life then just have a fat bill lol

I wouldn't say they lie to themselves. They just have different ways of looking at things and different perspectives that make them more content with their lives. If you don't change the way you think, then you're going to always be depressed.

This is a pretty good way of explaining it, though the guy that wrote this ended up killing himself so take from it what you want.
[video=vimeo]

kamya said:
I wouldn't say they lie to themselves. They just have different ways of looking at things and different perspectives that make them more content with their lives. If you don't change the way you think, then you're going to always be depressed.

This is a pretty good way of explaining it, though the guy that wrote this ended up killing himself so take from it what you want.
[video=vimeo]

well okay not lie to them selves i just feel people just dont know.. they settle for less not knowing whats really out there......
some people dont want to settle for less.....
people who want nice things like me without **** near selling your soul for it are just stuck... im not depress just not satify like i said once before....
yes he kilt himself .. maybe that was a smart decision for himself personally its really nothing out here without no money... without having to work every fkn **** day

You can do things without money, though it's becoming increasingly difficult admittedly.

I often think that the way humanity is 'conditioned' is totally wrong, especially these days when it's so hard to get any job nevermind a career in something, the whole world now revolves around greed and money. You have to work to get anywhere (unless you're really lucky) and this is the sad truth, it's that old cliché 'It's not WHAT you know but WHO' and this is very true.

9006 said:
You can do things without money, though it's becoming increasingly difficult admittedly.

I often think that the way humanity is 'conditioned' is totally wrong, especially these days when it's so hard to get any job nevermind a career in something, the whole world now revolves around greed and money. You have to work to get anywhere (unless you're really lucky) and this is the sad truth, it's that old cliché 'It's not WHAT you know but WHO' and this is very true.

you cant do nothing without money but breathe....

9006 said:
You can do things without money, though it's becoming increasingly difficult admittedly. I often think that the way humanity is 'conditioned' is totally wrong, especially these days when it's so hard to get any job nevermind a career in something,

I agree. It is a trap. 10 years ago I got a job I thought was great. But it turned out to be a nightmare. A total treadmill of work constantly for really not that much money. But... it is enough money that I cannot just quit. The mental health problems this job has caused is just horrible. Depression anxiety anger. And much of my monthly expenses are caused by my work. Transportation... food... etc. I spend at least 12 hours out of my home per day due to commute...

I am currently doing my best to get off the dole.... completely via making money off stuff I have. For instance... renting out a room in my condo... but still, that is hard. I have become more and more convinced that the really smart people are moving away from working for others as a source of income.

I am even considering moving to an area with a lower cost of living. I am just tired of being scared.

Even if you get a job what amazes me is how the absolute most stupid people get promotions. It doesn't even matter anymore if you are competent. No one cares. The game is becoming how can I reward my friends and those loyal to me.

I just brought a new larger home and while i am happy about it, I do realize that it is just another rock around my neck. I could have been happy in my old place. I could have made it work. In the move I saw that I had accumulated so much junk. So more money can just get you more junk.

I often think about if I will ever be able to afford a place to live.
Considering my salary (full-time job, 8,5 hours daily), I will not be able to buy a cheapest place for at least 10 years, and that considering that it would be a desolate ugly place, and that I will not be spending at all in these 10 years. The realistic vision would be 15-20 years, but still the cheapest place. I will be 38+ by that time.

Its just like this, considering I´m not that smart, not that able. I´m just someone who can do his job, regular job.
So, I´m kinda screwed in this regard, if I wont achieve something unexpected:)
Or I may pay rent, that is the other option, but I´m not overly happy to go that route (and considering, I would have really, really, really, little money left from my salary).

So yes, for me, it causes me to feel bad (cant use the word depression for me), as I know I will not be able to live on my own, kinda.
And with that outlook, I cant even get a partner, considering I would never be able to properly take care of her, and accommodate her.

Latest posts

Back