Gamers, what is your dream game?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
What’s the game you’re all waiting to become a reality?

Is it a sequel from a series that’s probably never going to re-emerge?

Is it a game from a franchise that’ll receive a drastic overhaul in graphics or gameplay?

Or, is it a game that is so enormous that you think it’ll probably never exist!?

Don’t limit yourselves; unleash your imagination!

Shenmue III. Ryo can't be left standing in Guilin Cave for the rest of time!

I still regret getting rid of my mint Dreamcast copies of Shenmue I&II...

An actual version of The World, from .Hack.
For some reason, I want to see the animated cherry blossoms, even though there are cherry trees outside .-.

Cavey said:

"That day, the day the rain turned to snow... Did you see a black car?"

Great game, I still have my copy of #1 somewhere, I did try #2 but just didn't get into it like I did the 1st

TBH I'm loving GTA Online. I like cars, racing, flight sims and the occasional explosion! :D So this game just lets me do all those things.

As far as games go, I like pretty much the same things I like elsewhere: Star Wars, Jedi, sci fi in general, fantasy, any games that let you be something other than human, games with magic powers, or more real-world stuff like cars and airplanes. I don't think I would ever want to join the military. Some people like it but it's not for me. However, in gaming I love the Battlefield series, and Rise of Flight looks cool too. It's a World War 1 flight sim.

Also, I must say I've always been tickled by GTA. It lets me try things from the perspective of a villain, and it would let me live out my ridiculous fantasies of living in the city.

I'm really looking forward to a possible Fallout 4, we shall see on that. Otherwise, I'm really big on RPG's - Elder Scrolls, Fallout, anything like that, and puzzle-type/RPG's like Myst and Riven. Guess my ultimate game would be something like a combo of the two - long-running, open-world RPG/puzzle game, set in a Steampunk/Victorian/futuristic world with a time-travel aspect to it...like being a time traveller and having to go into different time periods - Roman, ancient Egyptians, the Middle Ages, Edwardian England, even prehistoric times, plus into the murky future too...I think it would be a fun game to brainstorm on, lots of cool ideas you could do. :)

If I´m allowed to unleash my imagination, I would like Sims X for NerveGear (Sword art online reference) gaming console. Not MMO, as that would just be real life:D Just simple Sims from the first person view and feel:)
Other than that, as I´m influenced by recent experience, I would like another South Park game, as the Stick of truth was soooooo much fun.

I'm working on a series of stories set in a universe where science fiction and fantasy/supernatural collide. I'd like to actually see an MMO set in this universe, not just because its my own work being brought into a game but one of the stories is actually a pretty good idea for an MMO (a war between Heaven and Hell set on a war-torn Earth in the year 2020)

A fighting game that combines Street Fighter, Mortal Combat as well as the DC, Marvel and Star Wars universes is another.

I'd also like to see Rockstar do what they did with the Western genre (Red Dead Redemption) to say the likes of pirates (then again, Black Flag already exists). I loved Undead Nightmare so I'd like to see a similar DLC for one of the Grand Theft Auto games. Better yet, a spin-off to Red Dead Redemption.

Not anything specific. Just a big open world science fiction game action RPG, not MMO. Big epic story involving the entire galaxy or multiple galaxies, exploration of many planets, several different species, and the level of NPC interaction and character development that a studio like Bioware has done.

Either that or what would basically be a sci-fi GTA. A city similar to those games but with slightly advanced weapons and technology, hovering vehicles, etc.

A proper sequel to Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Cavey said:

Well, I was expecting Shenmue III to be mentioned; I really freaking hate it when stories end with a cliffhanger. All we can do pray for it to be a real thing someday. By the way, Dreamcast copy of Shenmue II? Did you had the European or Japanese version?

altghost said:
An actual version of The World, from .Hack.
For some reason, I want to see the animated cherry blossoms, even though there are cherry trees outside .-.

That would actually be pretty interesting! I don’t know about you, but I would like the game to be a visual novel. It’s a genre that’s really missing here in the West, but I guess there’s nothing we can do about it. Has anyone ever heard of “Summer Session”?

TheSkaFish said:
As far as games go, I like pretty much the same things I like elsewhere: Star Wars, Jedi, sci fi in general, fantasy, any games that let you be something other than human, games with magic powers, or more real-world stuff like cars and airplanes. I don't think I would ever want to join the military. Some people like it but it's not for me. However, in gaming I love the Battlefield series, and Rise of Flight looks cool too. It's a World War 1 flight sim.

Also, I must say I've always been tickled by GTA. It lets me try things from the perspective of a villain, and it would let me live out my ridiculous fantasies of living in the city.

So… you don’t have any dream game? You’re alright with what you have?

ringwood said:
I'm really looking forward to a possible Fallout 4, we shall see on that. Otherwise, I'm really big on RPG's - Elder Scrolls, Fallout, anything like that, and puzzle-type/RPG's like Myst and Riven. Guess my ultimate game would be something like a combo of the two - long-running, open-world RPG/puzzle game, set in a Steampunk/Victorian/futuristic world with a time-travel aspect to it...like being a time traveller and having to go into different time periods - Roman, ancient Egyptians, the Middle Ages, Edwardian England, even prehistoric times, plus into the murky future too...I think it would be a fun game to brainstorm on, lots of cool ideas you could do. :)

Oh, Fallout 4 will be a real thing alright, it’s one of Bethesda’s money makers after all.
Huh… although it’s really not my thing, you’re dream game’s interesting. It sounds like a gothic-stylized version of Deus Ex.
By the way, why the time-travel? I can’t see how it fits.

Mr.YellowCat said:
If I´m allowed to unleash my imagination, I would like Sims X for NerveGear (Sword art online reference) gaming console. Not MMO, as that would just be real life:D Just simple Sims from the first person view and feel:)
Other than that, as I´m influenced by recent experience, I would like another South Park game, as the Stick of truth was soooooo much fun.

I didn’t quite understood your dream game, but another South Park game, similar to the Stick of Truth, would be awesome! If it managed to parody traditional RPGs, imagine what other genres they can have fun with.

Some_Bloke72 said:
I'm working on a series of stories set in a universe where science fiction and fantasy/supernatural collide. I'd like to actually see an MMO set in this universe, not just because its my own work being brought into a game but one of the stories is actually a pretty good idea for an MMO (a war between Heaven and Hell set on a war-torn Earth in the year 2020)

A fighting game that combines Street Fighter, Mortal Combat as well as the DC, Marvel and Star Wars universes is another.

I'd also like to see Rockstar do what they did with the Western genre (Red Dead Redemption) to say the likes of pirates (then again, Black Flag already exists). I loved Undead Nightmare so I'd like to see a similar DLC for one of the Grand Theft Auto games. Better yet, a spin-off to Red Dead Redemption.

MMOs are not really my thing (I’m more single-player), but I do hope you finish your story; it sounds like potential multiplayer stuff.

Ah yes, SH vs. MK, that game is definitely never going to exist, but I wish it did too.
If Capcom does go bankrupt in the near future, I hope Netherrealm Studios get the rights of the franchise.

Hah! That’s one thing that we’re missing in GTA: zombies! Nearly every other game in the market have them, so why not GTA?

Sci-Fi said:
It became a reality, the Batman Arkham series.

Lucky you…

edgecrusher said:
Not anything specific. Just a big open world science fiction game action RPG, not MMO. Big epic story involving the entire galaxy or multiple galaxies, exploration of many planets, several different species, and the level of NPC interaction and character development that a studio like Bioware has done.

Either that or what would basically be a sci-fi GTA. A city similar to those games but with slightly advanced weapons and technology, hovering vehicles, etc.

Well, I think it might be sooner than you think! I think Mass Effect 4 will be this and I won’t be surprised if the game evolutions into an open-world experience, because it’s happening to nearly every single franchise: Dark Souls, Batman, Dragon Age, The Witcher, even freaking Metal Gear Solid. What’s going to be next? Devil May Cry? Super Mario Bros.? The Legend of Zelda? Well… Zelda already did that with Ocarina of Time.

xaero said:
A proper sequel to Condemned: Criminal Origins.

I’ve never played Condemned, so… I got nothing to say. Don’t tell me anything about the game though! I love survival horror games!

I’m actually kind of surprised that nobody is mentioning like: Half-Life 3 or Borderlands 3 or The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 2.

One of my many dream games nearly became a reality (Mega Man Legends 3), but it was cancelled for no real reason, other than to kill the character… **** you, Crapcom!

AnonymousMe, well, yea, I guess I'm alright with what I have. Things like Skyrim and Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Academy fulfill a lot of what I like in a game, and so would the others that I've mentioned. Perhaps a little tweaked version of KOTOR would be nice, where you could play as any race in the Star Wars universe as you would like, instead of the very limited selection.

I guess my absolute DREAM game though, would be an rpg that takes place in the universe that I'm creating, with creatures and classes from my story.

I don't know what is my dream game.I have played many games with few favorites.Mostly adventure games are simply Awesome.It's like living in it and i experienced it very well..

Well, I guess it’s my turn!

My dream sequel was Mega Man Legends 3. It’s been on a serious cliffhanger since the second game and when I learned that Crapcom was making one, I got over-excited. I mostly play games for their stories after all. But alas, it was cancelled, for no real reason.

There are a couple of games that I wish they had a drastic overhaul in gameplay, particularly in games that lack NPCs, but my absolute dream-game though would be a full-budget, AAA title to a series that, unfortunately, almost no one knows about: Way of the Samurai.

I would tell the gameplay mechanics about this dream-game I have, but since almost no one knows about the series, I’ll just wait to reply to someone who does know the games. For those who don’t know or haven’t heard about this franchise, I suggest you look it up; it might interest some of you.

AnonymousMe said:
Some_Bloke72 said:

MMOs are not really my thing (I’m more single-player), but I do hope you finish your story; it sounds like potential multiplayer stuff.

It'll be a while before I finish it and its very rare that I'll publish it. I'm quite secretive about parts of my writing for some reason. For the most part I only let fellow writers and close friends see it.

Ah yes, SH vs. MK, that game is definitely never going to exist, but I wish it did too.
If Capcom does go bankrupt in the near future, I hope Netherrealm Studios get the rights of the franchise.

Capcom going backrupt? Well...I suppose that its possible. But even so, would Netherrealm buy the franchise?

I suppose that under those circumstances that's possible as well, or even that in order to prevent bankruptcy Capcom sells or shares certain rights (such as the rights to the Mortal Combat series) with other businesses. As a result Netherrealm and Capcom make a Mortal Combat vs Street Fighter game.

But the chances of Star Wars getting into the mix...A man can dream.

Hah! That’s one thing that we’re missing in GTA: zombies! Nearly every other game in the market have them, so why not GTA?

Exactly why I think they might make one in the future. It would be cliche' but it would be fun for a while at least.
Not too sure on that Red-dead Redemption spin-off/sequel though.

In terms of specific games, which COULD happen, but most likely won't :(

I would like to see a new space hulk game from warhammer 40k, like the one from the 90's that was a first person shooter, not the top down board game style version, one of the first fps games I ever played, and the best by far, you would control a "terminator space marine" traversing a derelict massive ship called a hulk in squads, fighting a race called the genestealers, you'd issue/recieve commands for your squadron, whilst fighting off hordes of genestealers and completing objectives, using lots of melee and gun based weapons... ahh them were the days.
Used to love the intro to the game

[video=youtube]

My other all time favorite game was a pc game called freespace 2, this is a space fighter based game with an amazing storyline to it, again from the 90s, you can actually still download this game for free legally with slightly updated graphics and lots of modded missions/campaigns, and great multiplayer.
The story is set in space (duhh) and was branded a "space opera", with like I said an amazing story and a great atmosphere, the scale of the battles you fight in are crazy too, you'll be dogfighting in your puny fighter whilst a 20km long battlecruiser is duking it out with another battlecruiser. Where your objectives might be taking down individual enemy turrets or intercepting torpedoes, fighting off bombers, flying through nebulae trying to find a ship, fighting an armada of enemy ships. Then you run out of your own missiles and have to call in a support ship and sit there whilst it rearms you hoping you won't get shot down :p

redistributing shields, reloading missiles, overloading your energy weapons so you cant fire, commanding your squadron of fighters on the fly, avoiding enemy battleship flak cannons and energy weapons, outdogfighting enemy fighters... ahh them were the days :cool:

The downside, the story is unfinished, I think a few people did some modded campaigns to carry on the story from where it ended epically in freespace 2, but still, we need an official continuation :p

No other space fighter game has even come close to how good freespace 2 was, which really sucks since its one of my favorite genres to play.

[video=youtube]

Also not really a "game"

but god damnit someone invent the holodeck !!

I’m actually kind of surprised that nobody is mentioning like: Half-Life 3 or Borderlands 3 or The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 2.

Yeah, Half-Life 3 is the game I'm still waiting for...not patiently though, since it's been what, seven years since Half-Life 2???

AnonymousMe said:
What’s the game you’re all waiting to become a reality?

Is it a sequel from a series that’s probably never going to re-emerge?

Is it a game from a franchise that’ll receive a drastic overhaul in graphics or gameplay?

Or, is it a game that is so enormous that you think it’ll probably never exist!?

Don’t limit yourselves; unleash your imagination!
My dream game is full immersion virtual reality in which anything is possible and is indistinguishable from reality graphically. Imagine the possibilities! According to Ray Kurzweil, the nanotechnology revolution will provide this with nanobots residing in your neurons. I would probably never leave such a simulated world.

Latest posts

Back