For those who hate and yet love Dragon Ball Z

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
This thread is mainly for those who know that DBZ jumped the shark many, MANY times, yet still love it to death, but everyone is welcome.

Let’s say that you managed to get permission to obtain the rights or the license of DBZ and were given absolute freedom to do whatever you want with the franchise.

What would you guys and gals do with it?

There are a lot of Fan made stuff now, which is okay, but there are certain things hidden in the show:

[video=youtube]

kamya: That kid is the epitome of DBZ fanboyism. I really don’t know what to say about him…
About your response however, so you would make a spin-off featuring Uub as the main character? XD

Phaedron: Yeah, I know there’s stuff made by fans, but… but I forgot to mention something in the description; no wonder no one is looking at it. -_-

Let me be more specific.

I know the franchise is booming, it’s still holding up very well and that’s OK, but it’s been missing something very crucial for a very long time, which is direction. It’s not going anywhere and whatever thing they come up with, no matter how smart or stupid it is, it’s still going to sell like hotcakes.

However, there are many fans that agree that the franchise either needs to stop and die (which, let’s be honest here, it’s never going to happen) or have a complete reboot (I know this already happened with Dragon Ball: Evolution and it was an epic fail, but at least I give them credit for trying something new).

Personally, I agree with a reboot, it could focus on the new things BUT, at the same time, it must have that Dragon Ball feeling to attract old fans and see something new. Kind of like Tomb Raider, that worked pretty well, so why not try with Dragon Ball?

That was my main question to fans that love, yet hate Dragon Ball, how would you help the franchise? I do have an idea, but I want to hear other opinions first.

Dragon Ball Z Kai returns to Fuji TV with a new episode tonight at 8pm Eastern. It begins the reboot of the Buu saga. Of course someone knows what to do when it's the stream 'n trends. Find it!

Of course I'm still a Dragon Ball Z fan, and its many arcs of the Dragon Ball animes because for me I only buy into the good ol' original/rerun form and I'm not big into the Bruce Faulconer score of Funimation's dubbed episodes.

kamya said:
I would make a movie that follows a younger Master Roshi on his journey of kung fu mastery.

OK… that is FREAKING AWESOME!!! ‘nuff said.

Truback said:
Dragon Ball Z Kai returns to Fuji TV with a new episode tonight at 8pm Eastern. It begins the reboot of the Buu saga. Of course someone knows what to do when it's the stream 'n trends. Find it!

Of course I'm still a Dragon Ball Z fan, and its many arcs of the Dragon Ball animes because for me I only buy into the good ol' original/rerun form and I'm not big into the Bruce Faulconer score of Funimation's dubbed episodes.

Yeah, I’m with you and, to tell you the truth, I feel sorry for all those kids and teenagers that grew up with the Funimation voices and Faulconer score. The music is just ****. It was out of place, pales in comparison with the original score and it just doesn’t fit with the scenes. The music from the first Broly movie, in particular, is the one I detest the most. When Broly is living the living crap out of Goku, how can anyone take it seriously with that score? What a load of BS…

Luckily, I grew up in Latin America and DBZ was MOSTLY uncensored all the way. They kept the original music, the buckets of blood, the perverted scenes and the voice acting was phenomenal! As someone who understands both languages, I can definitely conclude that the Latin American dub is much, MUCH better than the American one.

Latest posts

Back