Guys, it really IS a numbers game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a numbers game for women too. When I date I always think if not him then someone else and it goes on until I find what I am looking for. It's a numbers game for everybody.

Triple Bogey said:
don't think so

what's your beef, triple bogey? Exactly what does "don't think so" mean?!!! Did you even bother to read the article?!!!

Great article Hiryu. Exactly what I've been preaching on here for a while now. It's just like anything else in life..whether it be your golf swing, your job, cooking...if you want to get good at it, you have to practice. Repetition is the key.

bender22 said:
Great article Hiryu. Exactly what I've been preaching on here for a while now. It's just like anything else in life..whether it be your golf swing, your job, cooking...if you want to get good at it, you have to practice. Repetition is the key.

I was thinking almost the same thing... A lotta things in life are a number games... Most of my jobs have been commission based jobs... One of the first thing I've learned was exactly that, a sheer numbers... More people I talk to, more money I made... You may close the sale 95% of the times but it doesn't really mean much if it's based on 45 people... I may only have 35% closing rate but I might be better off if it's based on 495 people...

I can't help wondering how all that rejection changes a person. By the time you do finally find someone you may have lost to ability to care.

Alonewith2cats said:
It's a numbers game for women too. When I date I always think if not him then someone else and it goes on until I find what I am looking for. It's a numbers game for everybody.

Perhaps at your stage or life, but not generally speaking. There's an order of magnitude difference in the proportion of men who have never had relationships (10+%) in comparison to the number of women in similar circumstances.

Actually I don't think so. I think people just don't change a lot, therefore they keep trying the same thing over and over again until it works. That makes it a numbers game. You keep staying the same until you find a significant other that either accepts you or is actually into you. I guess that works, but it leaves things too up to chance for me. I think that if a person changed enough, you could get what you want. Or should I say, who. But it's hard to transform. I haven't done it yet myself. But I feel that if I were better, then it would be less of a numbers game if I made myself into what is generally accepted as a "catch". I want to make myself so good they can't ignore me, or if they do, they'll kick themselves for it forever.

Hiryu said:
Triple Bogey said:
don't think so

what's your beef, triple bogey? Exactly what does "don't think so" mean?!!! Did you even bother to read the article?!!!

I couldn't be bothered and since you don't know me , simply saying 'it's a numbers game' doesn't work for all of us !

And I am sure some men don't have to ask a endless amount of women out on dates to get success. I know some get pursued. My brother in his 30's told me he had never got rejected in his life by a woman.

where are these single women anyway ?
if your not into pubs and clubs how can you meet 'loads of women' and play this game ?

Triple Bogey said:
if your not into pubs and clubs how can you meet 'loads of women' and play this game ?

You don't want single women from a club anyway, man. Just my two cents.

You can literally meet a single woman anywhere. The grocery store, the teller at your bank, the park, a concert or a play... anywhere. Online. At a singles meetup.

It's not hard to meet single women.

To say that it's hard to find them is, in my opinion, a cop-out. Believe me, I know how hard it is to play the "numbers game" and to be rejected or refused. I totally understand. It's extremely exhausting trying to find the right person; someone who is receptive to you, interested in you in return, willing to work to get to know you. Someone who meets your criteria in terms of what you want in a partner. Someone with their head screwed on straight. Someone who can see you for who you are and can learn to love you for it.

...but to say that one can't find single women at all means that one is not actually looking.

Triple Bogey said:
You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.

I couldn't agree more.

^ Absolutely.

And you don't need to have the hide of a rhinocerous to look. You do need the stubbornness, single-mindedness and unstoppable momentum of one...

I apologize for my salty language and for having called someone "tootse."

Badjedidude said:
Triple Bogey said:

You don't want single women from a club anyway, man. Just my two cents.

You can literally meet a single woman anywhere. The grocery store, the teller at your bank, the park, a concert or a play... anywhere. Online. At a singles meetup.

It's not hard to meet single women.

To say that it's hard to find them is, in my opinion, a cop-out. Believe me, I know how hard it is to play the "numbers game" and to be rejected or refused. I totally understand. It's extremely exhausting trying to find the right person; someone who is receptive to you, interested in you in return, willing to work to get to know you. Someone who meets your criteria in terms of what you want in a partner. Someone with their head screwed on straight. Someone who can see you for who you are and can learn to love you for it.

...but to say that one can't find single women at all means that one is not actually looking.

Triple Bogey said:
You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.

I couldn't agree more.

it's hard for me to meet single women since I don't have much going for me. Just a crumb of interest from any woman and I would do something about it though.

TripleBogey, what, exactly, do you mean when you say: "I don't have much going for me." Come on man, spill the beans!! Are you old? Fat? Bald? Poor? Unemployed? Mentally unstable? Addicted? Stinky? We are here to help, but we can't help if you aren't more forthcoming!

Hiryu said:
TripleBogey, what, exactly, do you mean when you say: "I don't have much going for me." Come on man, spill the beans!! Are you old? Fat? Bald? Poor? Unemployed? Mentally unstable? Addicted? Stinky? We are here to help, but we can't help if you aren't more forthcoming!

Triple Bogey said:
Hiryu said:

since you ask

ugly / funny looking
miserable face and speaking voice
funny body shape
a loner
still live at home
short
I look poor (even though I am not)
dead end job
no relationship experience
aloof
arrogant
a show off

okay, thanks for sharing, triple. Now let's deal with each of these in turn.

1-When you say "miserable face" do you have acne problems? Or do you just think that you are funny-looking?
2-You say that you still live at home. How old are you? Unless you are in your mid to late 30's or 40's I don't really see this is a big problem.
3-You say that you have a dead-end job, but then you say that you aren't "poor." So does your job pay well? I would imagine that since you live at home, you have plenty of $$$$ to spare, yes?
4-You say that you have no relationship experience, yet you admit to being both arrogant and a bit of a "show-off." How can those traits possibly jive?!!!!! Typically, self-described loners don't tend to be "arrogant show-offs", since you know, being an arrogant "show-off" implies that you are in the habit of "showing-off/putting on a show" in front of large groups of people, which is something which loners typically avoid doing at all costs.

Latest posts

Back