Sensitive request for volunteers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a fine art documentary photographer from the UK and I am currently working on a long term project on loneliness.
I suffer from loneliness myself, photography helps me to cope with this, so I understand what a sensitive issue this can be so I do understand if this request is not of interest to anyone, but I feel very strongly that photography is a great tool to look at such issues.

I am specifically looking for people who are from the UK who would be interested in taking part in my project. This would involve me meeting up with and photographing you (anonymity respected,) again I understand the sensitivity of this topic so even if you do not wish to be photographed I am still interested in hearing your stories, (this is open to those outside of the UK too).

please feel free to contact me by email or private message if you can offer any help or would like to discuss further.

Many thanks

Sounds interesting, hope you post some results later;)
P.S: Not UK, just liking the idea.

Thank you,
Yes of course, if folks are interested I can certainly post updates here.

Just to emphasise, if you would like to be involved then your privacy will obviously be respected, and if you wish to remain anonymous in the photographs, but are still happy to be photographed, not a problem, my work can often be quite conceptual anyway!
I have no preference for what you look like, any race, religion, body type etc but I am interested in who you are and mostly your stories, why you are lonely etc. I am happy to tell you my own personal story if that helps.

Folks from outside the UK, if you would like to share your stories with me, I would love to hear from you, words are just as important as pictures.

Thanks

I'm thinking because you want real-life interaction with people on the forum, it'd be better if you added(you have to ask the admins to do it since it's been more that 12 hours since you started the thread) "in the UK" to your title. Specifying a location seems to make more people from that locale click on a link elsewhere on the web. Or atleast it makes sense to me that it does - I don't think there's any way I could know that definitely. :)

I'm far away from the UK, otherwise i would be already knocking on your door!, anyway, i thinks this is an incredible project and i wish you all the best!!, hopefully we can see part of it online... if possible of course. ; )

Beckett said:
I'm far away from the UK, otherwise i would be already knocking on your door!, anyway, i thinks this is an incredible project and i wish you all the best!!, hopefully we can see part of it online... if possible of course. ; )

Hi, thank you for your responses, of course I will be happy to share the project as it develops.

I understand a lot of you are based outside the UK, but I am still very interested in hearing your stories!
Words are just as important to me as pictures, the final project will be made into a book and will be exhibited, and I see words as forming a central part of the project, I work quite conceptually, so it could be that I photograph in response to the text you supply, which I think would be very interesting.

Oh and feel free to share my details with anyone you think may be interested in taking part.

Many thanks

Thank you to those that have got in touch so far, it has been a really good response, but I am still interested in hearing from others.

For those who are UK based, I am interested in hearing from you if you would like to be photographed, don't worry, you can remain anonymous if you wish as my work is quite conceptual.

For all, I am interested in hearing your stories, I am not after amazing writers, but just a few words or sentences about how you feel, either in general or at a specific time.

I am also looking for people who may wish to send me a photograph, this could be an image of yourself or an image that describes how you feel?

Interested, message me and I will get back to you.

Thanks again.

Hello,
I am still looking for individuals to be involved,
message me if you are interested or require more information.

Thanks

I'm curious how you use photography to cope with loneliness. If you could expand upon that, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Well going out to photograph means that I have to meet people rather than hiding away and I also take self-portraits which helps me to look at my life and who I am.

I remember doing this in college... Photography was my major in college, well, I double majored in photography & forensic psychology & minored in graphic design... That was 20+ years ago so I'm little outdated now... I was more into black & white & I used to love taking pictures... I thought about going into photo-journalism but didn't quite pan out that way... I sure did meet a lotta people... Part of my final grade, counted for 60% for the whole year's grade, was to come up with portfolio... Story lines, Narrative photography, photo captions among others forced me to interact with my "subjects" because I had to attach a story line to my photographs... That meant a lot of interviews on background story lines... I live in U.S. so I'm not sure if I can be of any help but good luck with your project...

Sounds interesting. I'm in the UK, but I do not like my facial appearance (I'm very ugly) and the way that I appear in photographs. So whether I was interested in participating would depend on what you mean by respecting anonymity (eg face darkened out, photo taken from behind).

thegreyman said:
Sounds interesting. I'm in the UK, but I do not like my facial appearance (I'm very ugly) and the way that I appear in photographs. So whether I was interested in participating would depend on what you mean by respecting anonymity (eg face darkened out, photo taken from behind).

Hello,
I photograph in a conceptual way so your identity will be protected, where in the UK are you based, if you private message me I can give you a few more details.

Latest posts

Back