Health / Tried all the time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyDaria

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has symptoms like being tired all the time / having leg aches/ anxiety.

For years now, years... I have complained to my doctor about being tired... to tired to really do that much most nights after work. She went on about what she could... first, depression, second sleep apena. I frankly don't think I have any of it. Most times she suggests that because I live alone it is all in my head. I am heading back to a new doctor next week and I just wanted to see if it is all in my head.

It is also another reason I am lonely. I am too tired to do much outside of the weekend and even then, I get like 4 hours per day... which typically is taken up with errands.

Sorry if this is one of the things your doctor went through..Do you have low iron?

What's your diet like ladydaria? A lot of people feel tired all the time simply because they're eating the wrong foods. A poor diet could even contribute to the anxiety.

Ahh I admit it could be bad diet but at the same time it seems like I feel this way ALL THE TIME... diet or not. We will have to see. I used to take a multi with iron. But last year much to my shock, I came back with too much iron. My doctor told me to stop the iron as it could just be as I get older I am in less need of it. (less antie flow) but now I do wonder if I went too far the other way.

I get really tired when I am stressed, don't eat right, or take care of myself. Right now, at the end of the school year, I am getting home and I am exhausted. I can't do anything and I want to go to bed early, and not get up in the morning. When I have my 8 week break, I am going to change my lifestyle, and hopefully it moves onto next school year and I'll fell better.

A quick fix for me. I listen to music and dance (terribly) around my house. It gets my blood pumping, and I'm not as tired.

I would try exercising a little bit.

I'm often pretty tired myself and have been ever since I was a depressed teen. Going out and getting exercise does seem to help temporarily, but I wish I could find something more effective. Sometimes I think that maybe this is just what it's like to be an introvert which makes me kind of jealous of extroverts.

I feel tired a lot too, however I know that my diet plays a big part in the way that I am feeling. I've recently had blood tests done and I am waiting for the results which I should have by Monday. In order to tackle my situation I'm going to join the gym again soon because I need to lose a substantial amount of weight and I remember that going to the gym used to make me less unhappy and tired.

I don't remember a time when I wasn't tired... like you LadyDaria, I am tired all of the time...I'm tired while im sleeping. I think my tiredness is a mix of a bunch of things...poor diet, meds, lack of exercise, depression, etc. I know how you feel.

It could be a variety of reasons or a mix of them even. Could be lack of sleep? I know when I slept like 3-4 hours a night only, I started getting back aches all the **** time, like it never goes away and I fall sick a lot. But after I've corrected my sleeping hours, getting at least 5-6 hours, my back aches are gone and I'm not as groggy and crazy tired as I used to be.

I cut out all wheat products and all gluten from my diet and its made a huge difference in my energy level. I can cheat once in a while and not feel any affects, which is good because I love my bread. But just cutting out wheat has cut the tired, bloated, achey feeling I was suffering from.

If you've ruled stuff like that out maybe it's diet related.

if you were to rate this tiredness from 1 to 10, how much would you rate it?

say, 10 is after running the marathon

Maybe thyroid problems. Sounds like what some of my family members have when they don't take their thyroid medication.

It could very well just be in your head.. We all know how powerful our minds are.

Just to give one example.. If you were to think hard enough about a delicious meal, you can smell and taste it. Your mind is so stimulated that it gives false signals to your nose and taste buds making you believe that you can smell and taste it.

The same works in reverse, if you have no desire to do anything then your mind tells the body that it's just too tired to do anything.

Ever experience a time when you are just tired and sleepy and suddenly something very very interesting comes up. Hey look, you're not sleepy anymore. But nothing changed except in your head. Something "interesting" is not tangible. You can't eat it, you can't 'not' have enough of it. You can't fix it, except to think about it.

I'm not saying it really is just in your head. Just don't rule out the possibility.

Well thanks for all the responses... I am going with... gluten/ simple carbs/ sugar.

My diet has been pretty bad lately but I was taking a multi vitamin so I felt I should be ok. But basically this is kind of my food
(1) Bagel, (2) Sandwich, (3) Grilled Cheese Sandwich and if I have time... a cookie.

I also decided today to sign up for a diet plan I did before and that will give me a full physical. Including blood tests.

I found out by accident that eating healthfully and working up a sweat by exercising gives me more energy and as a bonus, is also a mood booster. Try it for a week or two & see how you feel.

-Teresa

PS, I know eating your fruits and vegetables sounds boring but I didn't see those in your sample menu above :) Buy a big bag of frozen vegs at Sam's Club or Costco and do stir-fries, it's the best way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

^Oh yeah, fruits and vegetables, they're really awesome - I never took them seriously before I got ill, but I really saw how important they were as I was trying to recover.

Latest posts

Back