There's something wrong with me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicccs3

Reaction score
I know that there is something wrong with me.

I have no friends. I've thought I've had friends in the past but I have just let them fade. I don't know what it is that I do.

Maybe I'm too inside my own head that I can't fully have conversations with people. I find it hard to listen to people.

I'm miserable. I only have myself for company and I'm not the most interesting of people. I've never held down a hobby or found any interest in anything.

I've had relationships but they end quickly. The initial buzz happens and then things start to go wrong and I spiral in to a complete mess.

I feel like I've been running away from everything and in doing so, have isolated myself. I don't want to be around people because my mood might bring them down. I find it so hard to see other people.

I know that I have to start doing things otherwise I will be staying in the same place for the rest of my life. It's difficult to find the motivation to get out of bed and actually do these things.

I want to know what it is like to love and to have real relationships with people.

I'm 24 and feel like I have the mental age of a child.

I'm so lost and don't know who I am. How can I function in the real world if I don't even know how to be a normal human being?

Hello and welcome to ALL, nicccs3. I hope you find lots of things here to help you with your journey to a life you want :)

welcome! it's already a great step that you list down what is a difficulty for you, it's the first step

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Completely relatable. All I can say is, I have found I have to keep trying, despite the inevitable stretches of time where I feel hopeless. Guess it's human nature.
Welcome to the forum.

Being too inside your head can screw a lot of things up without even fully noticing them happening. Hope you stick around here for awhile! You'll fit in as much as anyone does. Welcome!

It's so nice to be understood. I was expecting a barage of 'what's wrong with you?' and countless negative feedback. Maybe that's just because I'm telling myself that.

Thank you for the warm hospitality.

Latest posts

Back