Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated the forum software
(05-01-2014, 04:15 PM)ladyforsaken Wrote: ^ Wow then I'm glad bjarned did what he did. Thanks, bjarne! Byeeee spammers.
So switching to a more secure (and actively developed) captcha has helped a lot? (I also see much fewer banned accounts logged.. Smile
"There are no answers. There are only Choices." (From Solaris)
Change to the way email is sent:

From now on email delivery should be even more accurate and should get past spam filters much easier.

I have reconfigured the server to use Amazon SES to send all emails (proper DKIM signed emails).
Updated the forum software to the latest version today. In one of the following days there will a bit more downtime while I will update the server operating system. I do not expect that this will break anything, but if things goes wrong, I will back the opportunity to roll back a snapshot from before the update.
How do I embed Youtube videos now?
Testing

Ok try with a given youtube url:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdWMcpoxzN0

Then here embed it using the v value from above and the youtube become/mycode tag.

[youtube_]VdWMcpoxzN0[/youtube_]
(remove the underscores)
Report button is not working for me.

I disabled the script and ad blocker, no change.

Is it system wide or just my end?
Please note: I have left the forum, like so many others, due to endemic abuse, hate, discrimination and inaction by the mods to control aforementioned abuses of the rules. I have better things to do with my time.
I like the overall sleeker style so far, but it's still a bit confusing and unhandy. We'll probably need the formating options and video/image/quote buttons in the reply window again. Heh, we can't memorize all the codes. And there's gotta be some space/separation between a post and person's signature...I think the IMDB board lacks this too and that's really puzzling at times.

(02-29-2016, 02:24 PM)Digitales Wrote: Is it system wide or just my end?

No, apparently the link (since there is no button for me...) triggers nothing so far...
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I go...
[Image: d8mV4rP.gif]
(02-29-2016, 03:55 PM)Rodent Wrote: I like the overall sleeker style so far, but it's still a bit confusing and unhandy. We'll probably need the formating options and video/image/quote buttons in the reply window again. Heh, we can't memorize all the codes. And there's gotta be some space/separation between a post and person's signature...I think the IMDB board lacks this too and that's really puzzling at times.

I gotta agree with Rodent entirely here.

I also liked the code button shortcuts from before.

Also, I realise the + button to quote multiple posts at a time for a reply isn't there anymore. I honestly think that's quite a useful tool.

Edit: I never knew I've created so many threads during my time here too cos it certainly doesn't feel like I have. :0
Interesting....
Oh right, replacing those word links with buttons (and adding the missing ones) would be really neat and easier to spot.

Heh, and the missing space between the avatar and username/title really irks my designer eye...
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I go...
[Image: d8mV4rP.gif]
^Tell me about it. Then there's a huge space between avatar and no. of posts. :|

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About The Diary Forum Radioman 6 1,876 03-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Minus
  Forum Notes Minus 3 7,303 08-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Minus
  Forum for the 40+ crowd? HappyYogi 26 5,307 08-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: LonelySutton
  This forum needs more smiley-options Dexter 4 1,843 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Last Post: WildernessWildChild
  I moved the forum to another server bjarne 4 2,060 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  i was a global moderator for a massive depressiom forum for years; serious suggestion simhthmss 11 6,073 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Limlim
  fitness forum petition African_weasel 1 1,405 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Shut_Out
  Updated the forum software bjarne 24 7,013 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Last Post: bjarne
  This forum and privacy cumulus.james 21 4,853 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM
  The forum's Kismet Banning System Mouse 19 4,975 06-08-2012, 09:17 PM