Updated the forum software

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
^ Wow then I'm glad bjarned did what he did. Thanks, bjarne! Byeeee spammers.
So switching to a more secure (and actively developed) captcha has helped a lot? (I also see much fewer banned accounts logged.. :)

Change to the way email is sent:

From now on email delivery should be even more accurate and should get past spam filters much easier.

I have reconfigured the server to use Amazon SES to send all emails (proper DKIM signed emails).

Updated the forum software to the latest version today. In one of the following days there will a bit more downtime while I will update the server operating system. I do not expect that this will break anything, but if things goes wrong, I will back the opportunity to roll back a snapshot from before the update.

Testing
[youtube]VdWMcpoxzN0[/youtube]

Ok try with a given youtube url:

Then here embed it using the v value from above and the youtube become/mycode tag.

[youtube_]VdWMcpoxzN0[/youtube_]
(remove the underscores)

Report button is not working for me.

I disabled the script and ad blocker, no change.

Is it system wide or just my end?

I like the overall sleeker style so far, but it's still a bit confusing and unhandy. We'll probably need the formating options and video/image/quote buttons in the reply window again. Heh, we can't memorize all the codes. And there's gotta be some space/separation between a post and person's signature...I think the IMDB board lacks this too and that's really puzzling at times.

Digitales said:
Is it system wide or just my end?

No, apparently the link (since there is no button for me...) triggers nothing so far...

Rodent said:
I like the overall sleeker style so far, but it's still a bit confusing and unhandy. We'll probably need the formating options and video/image/quote buttons in the reply window again. Heh, we can't memorize all the codes. And there's gotta be some space/separation between a post and person's signature...I think the IMDB board lacks this too and that's really puzzling at times.

I gotta agree with Rodent entirely here.

I also liked the code button shortcuts from before.

Also, I realise the + button to quote multiple posts at a time for a reply isn't there anymore. I honestly think that's quite a useful tool.

Edit: I never knew I've created so many threads during my time here too cos it certainly doesn't feel like I have. :0
Interesting....

Oh right, replacing those word links with buttons (and adding the missing ones) would be really neat and easier to spot.

Heh, and the missing space between the avatar and username/title really irks my designer eye...

^Tell me about it. Then there's a huge space between avatar and no. of posts. :|

I know there are a number of issues after upgrading.
Some good new things, but also some broken things. I believe it comes from upgrading and then the upgrade process partially conflicting with already made modifications to the templates. There is also a huge number of javascript errors/warnings :(

I will attempt to fix issues one by one, as I have the time.

I'm sure there were valid reasons for upgrading and that it improved the site beyond those nice rounded edges, hehe. The now-faulty modifications are what catches people's attention first of course...but as long as it's fixed up in due time, it's all good.

Rodent said:
I'm sure there were valid reasons for upgrading and that it improved the site beyond those nice rounded edges, hehe. The now-faulty modifications are what catches people's attention first of course...but as long as it's fixed up in due time, it's all good.

The most important reason for upgrading: Security -- without keeping the security up to date, the site would eventually get hacked and destroyed :(

What is the down arrow button next to the page numbers supposed to do? I keep clicking, but it does nothing. :D

ETA: Of course, there isn't one on this thread, but there is on others.

TheRealCallie said:
What is the down arrow button next to the page numbers supposed to do? I keep clicking, but it does nothing. :D

ETA: Of course, there isn't one on this thread, but there is on others.

For as far as i'm aware the button can be used to type any page number, and it will let you jump to that page number. This thread does not have one because there are no invisible page numbers, i think.

Oh i make so much sense. :cool:

Volt, now whenever i read a post of yours, I read 'my work is never done' as if it was a part of the message.

I tried to use the 'search' option but it is not working as well.
But that's ok, I shall wait for resuming my stal.. *cough* searching activities.

Lacrecia said:
Volt, now whenever i read a post of yours, I read 'my work is never done' as if it was a part of the message.

I tried to use the 'search' option but it is not working as well.
But that's ok, I shall wait for resuming my stal.. *cough* searching activities.

Yeah, the signature thing is really annoying. Stalking is alot harder now too, since the last visit is now hidden as well on users who enabled "Hide me from who's online list." That's probably a good thing, yes, but let me complain!

Also the arrows that are next to the subforum, indicating if the sub has unread threads is gone, that bugs me too. And the buttons for edit/pm/give rep are gone, it's just text with a link. And .. Well, alot, really.

The generic look of things is something i do like though, but that's pretty much it.

When will the forum be?

HTTPS

At least when logging in, and inputting your password.

I can add another problem to the list. I have a few people on my ignore list and next to their posts there is a button that says 'Show this post', but it no longer works since the upgrade to the forum software.

Cavey said:
I can add another problem to the list. I have a few people on my ignore list and next to their posts there is a button that says 'Show this post', but it no longer works since the upgrade to the forum software.

So, the ignore feature is actually working better (even if it is a flaw in the new design) and it's a problem? LOL

But yeah, that's exactly why I don't use the feature, everyone looks....

Latest posts

Back