Minecraft Server

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintymint

Reaction score
I thought it would be a fun idea to make a Minecraft server for the site. We're playing with the latest development snapshot, so you'll probably want to create a new profile for that. PM me your Minecraft username and I'll give you the server's IP and grant you access. There's a few people playing it on it already. The only rules are no stealing/griefing/killing people. Everyone's welcome :D

There may or may not be secret bases, temples of doom, and many dangerous zones.

*backs away into pixilated shadows*

[video=youtube]

Minecraft reminds me of this video I found pretty interesting.

mmm if I eventually hop back on minecraft I may well check out any server that gets set up :D

Has anyone else noticed the subtle racial stereotype in minecraft ?

The endermen... 7 foot black dude who walks around stealing blocks from the world, tries to kill you if you look him in the eyes, and only comes out at night ?

rofl, I was gonna grab a picture off google for anyone who doesn't know what an enderman is and this popped right up

The_1bd32c_2621655.jpg

-How many people can play in the same world?
-Is the server always active or do you need to be online for me to play?
-How hard is it to host a server?

Regumika said:

- Ours is set to 40 people

- Nobody else has to be online for you to log on & play, although 3 or 4 of us are usually kicking around.

altghost said:
Regumika said:

- Ours is set to 40 people

- Nobody else has to be online for you to log on & play, although 3 or 4 of us are usually kicking around.

Also, anyone can easily set up a server on their own computer. Your hardware and connection speed will determine how many people it can handle and how smoothly it will run.

Badjedidude said:
I'll teach you many things. :D Hoooo boy, yessiree I will.

Why do I suddenly feel like I should be wearing a red cape and commenting on what big eyes you have.......? :p

I would like to learn this game, though - if it's something that can be taught. It sounds like fun.

MissGuided said:
Badjedidude said:
I'll teach you many things. :D Hoooo boy, yessiree I will.

Why do I suddenly feel like I should be wearing a red cape and commenting on what big eyes you have.......? :p

I would like to learn this game, though - if it's something that can be taught. It sounds like fun.

Minecraft is quite fun, its basically like playing with a bucket of lego, but without needing to tidy up a mess afterwards, and no randomly stepping on a lego piece a few weeks later that you didn't notice :cool:

^ LOL, better to step on it than sit on it. I have never played with Legos, actually.

Do we just get the name of the server and go there, like a regular website?

MissGuided said:
Why do I suddenly feel like I should be wearing a red cape and commenting on what big eyes you have.......?

My bark is worse than my bite. :cool:

Unless you want to be bitten hard, I suppose. :p

MissGuided said:

Yeah, it can be taught. And it is lots of fun. :D

MissGuided said:
Do we just get the name of the server and go there, like a regular website?

Heh, no.

You'd have to actually buy the game first (about $30) from:

http://minecraft.net/

And then download the launcher... then you'd need to contact minty or myself for details about the server and which snapshot we're playing on, so...

...unless you think you'll end up playing the game regularly, I dunno if it'd be worth it. I'd suggest watching a few "let's play" videos on youtube to get a feel for what the game is like before you seriously consider purchasing it.

Badjedidude said:
Unless you want to be bitten hard, I suppose. :p
Of course - as long as you understand that is outside of my standard fee schedule and will require an additional deposit. =)

Badjedidude said:
I'd suggest watching a few "let's play" videos on youtube to get a feel for what the game is like before you seriously consider purchasing it.
Thank you very much for the explanation - that's a great idea. It does sound like something I would like to learn more about, so I'll check out youtube before I throw out the Visa numbers.

Latest posts

Back