Avitar & User Name

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
As I look around the forum, people have some interesting user names & avitars... Some of them are pretty obvious but some not so much... I was just wondering if there are any stories behind picking user name and/or avatar... My user name is from work... I got it about 9 years ago & just stuck in my head... Avatar is just a random picture I got off the internet... I typed in something about energy source, can't remember exactly how I worded it, & this picture popped out & I thought it was pretty cool...

sk66rc said:
As I look around the forum, people have some interesting user names & avitars... Some of them are pretty obvious but some not so much... I was just wondering if there are any stories behind picking user name and/or avatar... My user name is from work... I got it about 9 years ago & just stuck in my head... Avatar is just a random picture I got off the internet... I typed in something about energy source, can't remember exactly how I worded it, & this picture popped out & I thought it was pretty cool...

Triple Bogey said:
All my user names on the internet are golf related. Usually putter, or puttking something like that. On here I have been duff, wedge as well. Triple Bogey sounds cool though I don't get many at golf !

Oh ok, I thought it was picking your nose related.

My username is a play of my actual name (and has become somewhat of an "alter ego" of mine). I've been using the name for 13 years and 12 years as an actual username on various forums/websites/whateverthatsoutthere. Verbally, I refer to myself as mr. normal in an aka fashion and have been on and off for the last 10 years (the last 2 or 3 years, it has started overshadowing my username) but I usually only use the name verbally in my rap tracks.

I don't have an avatar anymore but most of the ones I've used on forums (which were few and far) usually resembled the decepticon symbol (I'm a G1 fan) or the logo of one of my favorite hXc punk bands by the name of AMEN.

Avatar is the character Kryten from the brilliant UK sitcom Red Dwarf

For my username, I took Breaking Bad's protagonist's nickname and merged it with a popular cooked meat product made from the humble cow.

My actual initials are JAG. The name jaguar seems more like the kind of thing someone would pick to sound powerful and big, which I don't feel the need to do . Jaguarundis are small and mouthy and ... Me😸

My username was out of a moment of negativity, and feeling like it wouldn't matter anyways.
My avatar..Freddie Mercury..was a bet, but I love it so it's staying.

Triple Bogey said:
I can't be bothered to contribute to threads when I get replies like that !

Was small joke.

Heisenburger said:
Avatar is the character Kryten from the brilliant UK sitcom Red Dwarf

I have all the seasons of Red Dwarf, always liked that show.

My name was born years ago when I was making my first gmail. I used Japanese Syllables as my base and randomly combined them to make this name. I have made several other names in English too, but those didn't stick with me.

You would think it's completely random for English, but I basically followed the rules for a word (vowels and consonants).

Grace because if anyone knows me in rl I am the complete opposite, but I can dream, also love Blossom especially Cherry as it holds many happy memories for me.

My avatar came about when a friend last year made a joke of saying I wish I could see your smile right now. So I totook the pic and sent it and I honestly love it. It does kind of reflect my personality, kind of cheerful.

TheRealCallie said:
My old username was taken while I was gone, so now I must be The REAL Callie :p
My avatar is a very small chicken my son brought home from school. lol

For reference, here's a few other threads about the topic.
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29780
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=8694
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=5305
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=2975

Oops... Sorry... I guess I should've looked through the threads before posting this one, eh?

sk66rc said:
TheRealCallie said:
My old username was taken while I was gone, so now I must be The REAL Callie :p
My avatar is a very small chicken my son brought home from school. lol

For reference, here's a few other threads about the topic.
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29780
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=8694
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=5305
www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=2975

Oops... Sorry... I guess I should've looked through the threads before posting this one, eh?

Well, none of them have it together. I was just linking for more reference. :)

I usually use Nikkilynn or Glynchelyn or LynCole on forums. But because I really needed this forum for emotional support, I decided to use mostly my real name, Nicole, and then my middle initial L and last initial T.
Also a part of my email. So I'm boring.

My avatar is the silhouette of a whippet, which is the breed of dog I show IRL.

I first used the name Jocsaint back in 2006 or 2007. (Never used it again till I signed up here) It was because there was a rapper that I liked then who went by the name of Young Joc. My favorite video game at the time was Saints Row for the Xbox 360. Young Joc+Saints Row=Jocsaint.

Still a fan of Saints Row, it's up to game 4 these days. Not so much a fan of Young Joc though, he was a bit of a one hit wonder, but even if he wasn't his type of rap style isn't my thing anymore.

My avatar and signature is from Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Though I don't like the game as much as I did when I put it as my avatar and stuff, I still like it.

Latest posts

Back