Time bandit

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHOSTNYOURMIST

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like maybe I was just born in the wrong time frame, like about 100 years too late. I feel like I belong to a time long gone, back when things were harder but less stressful, when people kept their word, and families were close and you could count on your nieghbors. When you were judged by the work you do and not the ass you kiss!

Does anybody else feel like this or am I just messed up in the head?

Hmm, that's quite interesting to me, because i can't recall i've ever had thoughts like that. I really dislike "the old" in general. Not old people or history, but to be in old environments and the like. I love the hyper-modern, those futuristic homes and all that. I'd rather live in the future i think.

What You talk about though, is the people, and i think it's gonna take a while until we reach the perfect society, so with people from the past living today, perhaps that would have been better, yeah.

your not messed up in the head. if i had a choice id rather live during medevil times,just because people wernt as stupid as they are now.

=0) I'm with you to a certain extent, but I suppose the problem is that since I wasn't alive so long ago, I really have no idea what people were like... As much as I'd love my own cannon, and the plundering... OH the plundering! ... I don't think it would be nearly as cool as I'd like... You know, on account of the scurvy and plague and all that...

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:

I used to think I'd be happier living in a previous century. However after I thought about it awhile I realized I'm the type of guy that probably would have been hanged or burned at the stake for heresy/witchcraft. Not that I'm a heathen or a satanist or anything, I just have a problem with keeping my opinions to myself.

I feel the same way. I feel like I was born way too late. I want to be in a time of farming and horses. A slower time when you aren't so rushed and have all day just to do your work and be happy. I think going back to medieval times is a lil too far back for me, but the late old west would have been perfect.
Is there a moment now, where you just get to relax and not have to worry about one thing or another?

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:

There have been all to many times when i felt that i would have been happier off in the west before civilization expanded into the area. Just a log cabin that no one would stumble across. Oh, that is a yes to an earlier time.

Irishdoll said:
I feel the same way. I feel like I was born way too late. I want to be in a time of farming and horses. A slower time when you aren't so rushed and have all day just to do your work and be happy. I think going back to medieval times is a lil too far back for me, but the late old west would have been perfect.
Is there a moment now, where you just get to relax and not have to worry about one thing or another?

That's what I'm talking about! We could sit on the pourch and watch lightning bugs on a warm summer evening.

I worry more about the fact that I am older than my time...even as a kid my head was always ten years ahead of the rest of me...old head on young shoulders.

I think the difference these days is the fact that values have gone out of the society in which we live. We live in a disposable world...throw it away and start again...with everything...including relationships. Perhaps many years ago people were more content with the lives that they had...or is that because there is now more ambition in the world...more of a chance to make something more with your life.

I would have probably been most home in the time before human evolution had even started. Living happily as an chimpanzee. Still being one with the nature, instead striving to get above it. Perhaps also being in some battlefield, swinging sword or an axe in medieval times would have comed out like an second nature from me. Pity the 21st century has made me comfort seeking and a pacifist. :) The ancient era also sometimes feels like I would be more home there.

If you want Log cabins and small pox in a log cabin come to New Zealand! We've still got plenty of open land for you to settle! :)

Dude ive felt like that alot of times. Eventhough im a teenager, i feel like im actualllly 40-60 from inside. some ppl even say i talk and look too mature for my age. This aint a good thing though, as hard as i try i am unable to enjoy and have fun...and i agree with davechaos , its the disposable nature of society that doesnt suit us...

Dont worry, just try to be as happy as u can, well get over this sometime. :)

Lol Ghost, I love lightning bugs. I used to catch them in jars as a kid when I was growing up. It was so much fun.

Latest posts

Back