Don't care about happiness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo651

Reaction score
I don't care about being happy. I'm not depressed or trying to be emo. It's just honestly not a concern or priority of mine. It's nice and everything, but there are things I'm much more interested in putting my energy towards. What I really want out of life is to accomplish something meaningful that helps people and if I had to give up my happiness for that I probably wouldn't think twice or look back. Aren't we supposed to care about our own happiness?

If you end up accomplishing what you really want out of life, which is something that helps people, happiness will most likely come along with it. I know if I accomplished my life goal it would make me happy. You may not be going out and looking for happiness but I think one day it will find you.

Well...yeah we are but it's also how you define happiness. People have different views on happiness and what makes them happy. So it's whatever you think it will take to make you happy. Certainly wanting to help others would make you happy wouldn't it? I don't think it's really something you can give up because it comes in so many forms and in so many different ways.

I completely agree with Outcast, I think a lot of people believe they deserve happiness and with a lot of things in life it's something you have to work for, most of the time it doesn't come easy.
I don't think you should dwell too much on a subject that doesn't concern you for now, if anything it will become an obsession, "why aren't I happy, what am I doing wrong, blah blah blah". Take it from someone who knows, over thinking can destroy you. it's better to try and accomplish your goals and see how you feel at the end of it.

neo651 said:
I don't care about being happy. I'm not depressed or trying to be emo. It's just honestly not a concern or priority of mine. It's nice and everything, but there are things I'm much more interested in putting my energy towards. What I really want out of life is to accomplish something meaningful that helps people and if I had to give up my happiness for that I probably wouldn't think twice or look back. Aren't we supposed to care about our own happiness?

May i ask what your definition of happiness is? To me personally, i would consider myself a happy person if i could do the thing i'd wanted to do the most. In your case, helping other people by doing meaningful things, and you'd be "happy" to give up your happiness for that.

Get what i'm saying?

I'd make the argument that most of the influential people in history weren't happy. In fact, most of them dealt with the same problems the rest of us do when it comes to things like depression and loneliness.

I'm not sure it's happiness that people want so much as it is an absence of suffering.

Latest posts

Back