Princess sickness friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky243

Reaction score
I know I always complained about having a friend and ever since I have gotten my boyfriend, I have been able to open up to others and socialize more. Before any of that, I always settled with having anyone as a friend even if they used me and took advantage of me. I overcame that and now know how to open up myself and express myself more. I so happy about it and I feel a sense of accomplishment but, this school year before I met my boyfriend I have been classmates with a new student and she is my friend. I didn’t notice at first but she has “Princess sickness”.

What is princess sickness exactly? Let’s just say it’s when a girl is spoiled to the point she is self-centered, Wants only her way and feels like she has a sense of authority. This term is something we have here and people actually describe it as a sickness because a lot of girls here are diagnosed with “Princess sickness”. Well why is it a big deal? I have been dealing with one this entire school year and I’m fed up with her.

Let’s start from the beginning, I first met her on the first day of school and we sat next to each other. I really wanted to be friends with her because I was sick and tired of being lonely and I thought this year was a fresh start. I knew she would be friends with me because from where I live, my school is divided in Chinese section and English section and in the English section it mainly consists of Filipinos and Chinese. Though in our class, only the two of us are Chinese and well we have a history of not getting along with each other well because of miscommunication. One of the reasons why we stuck together.

Since were in the English section our main language would be “English”. She has a hard time with English though she is considerably good with it even being ESL. Considering the others I have classmates from other classes that I have encountered. I on the other hand moved from the states, So im somewhat familiar with both languages. Just something to note. So she got along with me well because she could easily communicate with me because I was one of the only people in my class that spoke Chinese. So she would rely on me when it comes to translation, Even though her English is considerably good compared to a lot of second language speakers.

At the very beginning of the school year everything was fine I noticed some symptoms of her being a spoiled princess, but it didn’t affect me as much because she had her boyfriend in the Chinese section. It was such a big deal because she would put most of her wants and needs towards him. The only thing I probably would need to deal with would be literally accompanying her to the toilet and her holding my ******* hand everywhere like she’s a little lost child. Actually I just noticed how much I was actually annoyed by her back then, but I sucked it up. I mean seriously I go to the toilet with her every time and when were going to another classroom, leaving school, walking the hallways or anything that involves walking with her she holds my hand like a lost child. I once asked her why she does this stuff. She told me because it’s a sense of security… o_O I thought it was cute at first but then I got really annoyed but I had to sucked it up.

There were moments where my fingers were almost pulled from her forcing me everywhere with her. The pulling and tugging, pulling and tugging. When she is running or she’s instinctively running from someone, she would pull my hand or fingers with her. When she BLINDLY noticed that she was pulling me, she laughed it off like a cute innocent naughty child every time. I started thinking I probably looked ridiculous being pulled by the fingers everywhere. During that time I was a ******* rag doll, and I didn’t care as much as I do now.

So everything was kept to the minimum, things aren’t as bad till now. Ever since she broke up with her ex in the Chinese section, she has been way more clingy and transferred almost all of her “Princess Sickness” attitude to me. Since she broke up with her boyfriend she has been more demanding and requests a lot of things from me. Shortly after their break up she requested me and a very close classmate of mine next to my class to ride to her home and accompany her to school(most people rides buses from where we live). She requested that because me and my classmate bus route goes to her bus stop but, early in the morning there’s usually a lot of people at her bus stop trying to get on a bus. So I knew from the beginning it was impossible to do so but she insisted. I didn’t go along with the plan and completely ignored it, my poor friend went to accompany her to school and she was late that day and had to stay in for lunch. Did I mention she wanted to do this every day going to school. That’s not the end of it, I also have to accompany her after school. She always says she’s hungry or craves for a cig. So I do this almost every day after school. All I can think of is what a waste of time. It’s a waste of money for me to eat with her and I don’t have time on the other hand. I don’t smoke either. After eating and smoking, what annoys me most is her constant request to “play” and hangout when it’s so late and school is tomorrow. PS: I Accompany her home every night (*take her home every night).

Around the time of her break up she got into a new relationship with another guy in our class. I knew him for a couple of years. He such a good guy to her from what I can see he takes her home every day (with her dragging me along while she goes home), buys her chocolate every day and always takes care of her. Even with him, the way she is towards me doesn’t change. I’m like her extra pair of hands and mouth. When she needs help from a teacher she asks me to ask for the teacher( took advantage of me because English that would be considered my first language, but she can ask for help and its not that hard even her English is good enough for asking help. *raises hand*” Sir/Miss I need help”), She asks me to brush her hair, She asks me to hold her bag while she reties her hair (When her new boyfriend is standing right there. Why do I have to hold her bag?) She lays on my shoulder and cries for no reason several times, she gets sick or has stomach aches 2 times every week and cries to me about it, she cuts her wrist for no reason, constantly wants attention, she still holds my hand when she has a new boyfriend, She always cries saying I want Rocky I want Rocky and holds onto my arm(she’s 16 btw…), I still accompany her to the toilet, I still accompany her home after school( With her boyfriend), lazy as hell (when she can’t do it or she finds a little difficult “ I don’t want to do it anymore”) I still have to accompany her to school when it comes to outside activities and hangout with her after and she doesn’t respect my relationship with my boyfriend.

I have been in a relationship with someone a little before she got together with her new boyfriend. She has a bad impression on my boyfriend which I’m going to call banana. She thinks my banana is a playboy one night stand guy when she barely knows him. I knew him from the start of the school year and I know him enough he isn’t that type of guy when I’m his first girlfriend and he is still virgin. That’s not even the problem, whenever I go look for him she get’s into a tantrum and says “you always want banana and not me, you don’t want me anymore” and when I don’t look for him or banana doesn’t look for me she always say “ What a bad boyfriend he doesn’t even look for you after school and he doesn’t take you home” Well I wonder why… And we both agreed he wouldn’t or possibly can’t take me home because we lived so far from each other and he is usually busy since he is graduating and looking for a college. We still talk over skype or go to the gym to work out.

She gives no respect and doesn’t understand we barely can spend time with each other because of our daily schedule and all of my time of having to take care of her, When she can spend time with her boyfriend all she wants because they are in the same class… there were several time where banana was saying goodbye to me and we did a goodbye kiss while she was waiting for me. She gave a look and looked away, I can’t find the right word to describe it but she seemed to hate it whenever I have moment with my boyfriend or when we openly express our love like that. Seems unfair when she can be with her boyfriend and openly express herself with him plus take my time doing stuff with my boyfriend and doing other things I want too.

All in all she is a spoiled brat that I don’t want to deal with anymore. I know I wrote her like she’s a little devil but not in that sense. I wanted to tell her that I want her to leave me alone and my world does not revolve solely on her. I’m not her second boyfriend and im not her maid either. She is actually can be nice but is just really spoiled in a way not a lot of people can notice. So if I tell her off and she cries it will all be my fault. She just has a mentality of a child that is spoiled, is very inconsiderate of others and inconvenience them.

Well I laughed when you called your boyfriend "banana" in your post. Why that particular fruit? :)
You might be doing yourselves both a favor by gently telling her you don't want to hang out anymore. You're probably not the only person who's not keen on her behavior and she probably won't be happy if you tell her you don't want to hang out. But it might plant a seed that leads to her getting some insight into her behavior.

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back