A Pesky Computer Virus Problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonDEre-ix

Reaction score
I think my PC is infected with adware. I'm seeing random words being highlighted in blue, and when I hover my cursor over them, ads pop up, my browser has slowed to a crawl, and when I click links, another tab opens to strange websites. I've tried a few programs to resolve this issue, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to help me?

SD, if you haven't tried them, I've gotten some decent results with Malwarebytes and Super Anti-spyware. But, certain adware/viruses can be a royal pain to remove and you might be better off doing a complete install.

Before you do that, I would suggest some of the other free anti-virus programs...I've had these work fairly well in the past.

Kaspersky Lab rootkit removing tool
Sophos Virus removal tool
Norman Malware Cleaner
Trend Micro House call

Before you use any of them, make sure you read a little about them, in case there is a chance you might delete something you shouldn't...and yes, I meant on another computer, of course.

You might want to notice some of the same things that occur after rebooting and if certain websites open up, due to the adware/virus. Then, you can google the symptoms and see if someone else has had the same problem and see if there is a certain adware/virus scanner that someone will suggest. That's how I found out about the four I mentioned. Hope some of this helps.

If you've already tried loads then it might be something not reported yet. You could try removing them yourself, this is the first thing I'd do to be honest. Take a look at http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29161 for some ways to check things that start when your computer starts.

Latest posts

Back