One in awhile, you make a difference.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
I'm kinda excited about this, but I don't want to post it on facebook, so I will share it with you guys.

I have a senior in my FFA chapter that really surprised me today.

This girl, is what we would consider an "at-risk" student. She grew up in some city in Florida, move to a city in Indiana, and then started going to the rural school I teach at. She joined FFA, simply because I apparently am this "Young Cool" teacher. I don't have her in class, but I know she struggles in school.

Anyways, today she came to me and told me thank you for everything I have done. I was a little confused, but then she told me that the field trip I took her on to a local community college for an Ag Expo helped her decide what she wanted to do. She was really excited to tell me that she was accepted into their horticulture program yesterday (this is a kid that some of the teachers thought had no interest in college). I was even more shocked when she told me that if it wasn't for me, she would have had no idea what she wanted to do after high school.

So, even a young dumb person like me can make an impact somewhere. :)

That's exciting ^^, sounds like you're a great teacher and influenced her for the better. Anyone who does that isn't dumb :).

these are the best satisfactions of being a teacher! I am sure you can make a lot more difference, and you sound far from dumb from your posts and stuff

Great news - be proud you can make a positive impact in someones life! :)

I seem to remember commenting somewhere on ALL that I reckoned you would be a good teacher. Sounds like you are doing a really great job, and dumb isn't a word you should be using, be proud of yourself!:D

Good for you, Nico! Teachers like you make school worthwhile for some kids :)

That sounds really amazing, i'm glad you had this experience. You really changed a life for the better. And i certainly do not believe that you are dumb!

That's absolutely fantastic. The world needs more people attempting to inspire and motivate teenagers rather than telling the that they will never amount to anything. It must be nice to know that you have had a positive impact on this young girl's life.

^There seems to be a lot of people who bash teenagers, or TV programmes about hoodies and ASBO's (Anti Social Behaviour Order in the UK).

I am sure that most of them are as Ok as we ever were at their age, and it's great that people like the OP work with them and connect with them and help them. I know a few teachers and I couldn't do what they do!

That's awesome :) I can remember being in school, barely able to find a teacher who would give me the time of day. I can say it's great to have teachers like you out there. Keep up the great work :) I am sure you will inspire many more in your career.

Wow. I know from experience that it's really hard to find some direction after high school. You spend most of your life up to that point following that routine and then one day it's gone - yes, it's liberating but can also be very confusing and challenging. Good for you, for helping someone navigate through that. Way to go!

This is amazing and so heartwarming. I hope you are proud of yourself. Well done! :)

Latest posts

Back