Woman on the bus

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Bogey

Reaction score
I have never been the type to talk to strangers on buses etc.
On my little trips I go on taking photographs, I wander around and talk to nobody. An occasionally 'hi' from people walking past is usually it.

Yesterday while I was waiting at this bus stop, this woman walked up, looked in her 50's. For some reason she looked friendly and straight away she asked me something (when the bus was), so I replied and we 'got talking' - we was going to the same place but going separate ways after that. So after 10 minutes of talking the bus turned up and she got on and went upstairs. I did think of going downstairs but I like the views from the upper deck so I went upstairs and sat opposite her at the front.

We started talking immediately and just carried on. She told me about her work, life, she was holiday by herself. I told her about my life. We both spoke about going places by yourself and having nobody to go with. I told about my photo's and started showing her some. (I sat next to her to do this) - she loved my photo's. We just carried on chatting, it was so easy, natural. She was sweet and kind and most of all lonely. I could tell and I felt sorry for her. Her whole family had died in the last few years. She seemed short of money as well. Her life was a struggle but she was making the best of it.

Anyway we got to the place we was going and I got off the bus. I did briefly wonder about offering her my mobile number but didn't. She wished me a nice day. I shook her hand and said 'nice talking' - and then she was gone.

For the rest of the day I did think about her. I wondered what she thought about me. Was I charming or annoying ? - Was she somebody who chatted to people anyway ?

I wondered about me as well. That is something I never do yet it happened very easily. Am I more talkative now ? Or is it I am going more places and sooner than later you bump into a friendly person ?

Thanks for reading. Just thought I would mention a good experience.

That's great, TB. Those are the moments that make life lovely, I think. Those random moments of pleasant human interaction can be really nice. You had fund talking to her, she most likely had a better time because of that, so I see that as a win-win.

That is awesome Triple Bogey. It's great to hear someone else's story, and them to listen to you're. :)

Sounds like something to remember:)
But if I were your friend, I would kick you in the back area of yours for not getting her number. No matter if only for friendly purposes...

Mr.YellowCat said:
Sounds like something to remember:)
But if I were your friend, I would kick you in the back area of yours for not getting her number. No matter if only for friendly purposes...

She didn't look the type to have a mobile.
She gave me enough information, I could track her down if I wanted. But I think that would look strange. She was probably 55, not good looking but I hardly noticed. It was nice just listening to her. I am used to negative conversations from most people.

RockerChick said:
I bet she thought about it as much as you did. That's a very profound story. Thank you for sharing!

Your welcome.

There was something so natural and easy about how we spoke to each other. It was like something important was happening. Can't really put into words what it felt like.

Then use the train more often. You'll have lots of conversations with women, men, old people... Stop deluding yourself, man. If that girl were attracted to you, she would have found a method to get a date with you.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Stop deluding yourself, man. If that girl were attracted to you, she would have found a method to get a date with you.

Not true at all.

Now if you ask her for a date and she can't for whatever reason, then you can assume she's not attracted.

I think there is also a difference in generations. The 'older' generation tend to have a more friendly & community orientated social life/skills. As times went on its slowly been lost/weakened I suppose, so talking to people on the street may seem out of the norm or uncomfortable for example. (From what I've found anyways).

And I would have to agree :3 a lovely story, Thanks man.

Good for you! Here's to friendly conversations with strangers - You never know when you'll have a meaningful conversation with someone you've never met before :)

-Teresa

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading it. I think it goes to show how it's the simple things in life that have us feeling our best. I have a young baby and you have no idea the number of older people that stop to talk to me. They get such joy from a random interaction. I wish there were more people out there that were friendly, everyone these days seems so self centred and less likely to help another person. And from a girls perspective a lot of us just aren't brave enough to ask for a guys number etc, so I wouldn't say she wasn't interested, in fact if say she was :)

Great story TB, if you ever meet her at the bus stop again it would be a perfect time to go for a coffee (or whatever) because it would be like meeting an old friend. And if you see the happiness or excitement in her eyes then you know for sure she is open to your friendship.

We are all crossing our fingers, toes and everything else we can possibly cross for you! 😸

Triple Bogey said:
jaguarundi said:
We are all crossing our fingers, toes and everything else we can possibly cross for you! 😸

aw bless :)

thank you very much :)

... and I asked the jaguarondi to brief the rabid weasels to keep an eye on you, and if you DON'T do it, expect the patter of tiny feet running up yer trouser legs.... :p

Anahita said:
Triple Bogey said:
jaguarundi said:

... and I asked the jaguarondi to brief the rabid weasels to keep an eye on you, and if you DON'T do it, expect the patter of tiny feet running up yer trouser legs.... :p

lol :)

Anahita said:
Triple Bogey said:
jaguarundi said:

Well the jaguarundi has not seen that PM yet, but on the basis of a stick and a carrot, I think it reasonable to deploy TeamWeasel in the circumstances....

SofiasMami said:
Good for you! Here's to friendly conversations with strangers - You never know when you'll have a meaningful conversation with someone you've never met before :)

-Teresa

This is the truth! There is nothing more awesome than an unexpected conversation with a random stranger that makes one or both of the party's day. I love hearing these kind of stories.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back