I want long term internet friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnny196775

After about 10 years on the internet. And that is a guess. i have made one good friend. We have nothing in common really and the only we talk is if i start the conversation. Sad. :(

Anyway.

Would ANYBODY like to start a private message and see where it leads or even if it leads to a friendship.

heres a few things about myself.

I play guitar and do not believe in god. I am a gay man. I like a lot of different type of music but not rap. I'm 47 and disabled so i do not work.

I am sorry if this sounds completely pathetic. :(

I do not want anyone to feel obligated in any way or to get into anything they do not want to. And when our conversation dies out we just let it. Most people and i will not hit it off. And that is fine. I am not looking for a lot of friends but a very small amount who might have some of the same interests as myself.

Okay thanks and have a nice day. john :)

You don't sound pathetic at all. You should try to the chat room sometime. It will give you more instant chatting than PM and a chance to get to know more than one person at once :)

You sound a bit like me, except for age and disability. I've been a long time poster on another internet message board. At one stage, in my heyday, I had a lot of people complimenting me on my posts. But I could never really translate that into a friendship off the boards. I had one friend, but that was the kind of situation where I ended up feeling (with good reason) as though I was being used to get her through a hard time.

Feel free to send me a message. I'm looking for long term friendships online too. =)

And playing the guitar is wonderful! I'd like to talk to you.

johnny196775 said:
After about 10 years on the internet. And that is a guess. i have made one good friend. We have nothing in common really and the only we talk is if i start the conversation. Sad. :(

Anyway.

Would ANYBODY like to start a private message and see where it leads or even if it leads to a friendship.

heres a few things about myself.

I play guitar and do not believe in god. I am a gay man. I like a lot of different type of music but not rap. I'm 47 and disabled so i do not work.

I am sorry if this sounds completely pathetic. :(

I do not want anyone to feel obligated in any way or to get into anything they do not want to. And when our conversation dies out we just let it. Most people and i will not hit it off. And that is fine. I am not looking for a lot of friends but a very small amount who might have some of the same interests as myself.

Okay thanks and have a nice day. john :)

I don't see a problem there, I don't think it's patheti either....
I'm 22 y/o though so age difference might be a problem as the way we think might differ. I'm more childlike than anyone around my age...

Oh and, I'm straight male, but I love gay people, they're somehow better as friend than straight male. I don't really have any "straight" male friend irl as I tend to avoid them lol...

Well, I used to play guitar and piano... I like alternative rock and classic rock music, I draw (i'm not a professional though, not even close!) and my lifetime goal is to become an animator and never regret anything that I've done in my life... I write a little too, i write what I dream while sleeping, and my dreams are weird crazy stories... I'm a girl and 19 years old... I have a 31 year old friend and a 11 year old one(my point is I don't care about age, the personality matters, I'm tired of childish people, and my life have proved me that regardless of age people can be so childish or the opposite)...! And you should know that everybody call me crazy, not because of how I look or how I talk or anything, just because of my weird ideas and point of view... So this is me....

Hello, feel free to message me too. I am not too far off from your age and would love to make some long term internet friends too. Have a good day! :)

I am always looking for new people to chat with. Here's a little bit about me: I am a 36 yo Bi dude, recently separated from my wife, but not at all bitter about it. I love reading....just about anything. I also love horror movies and darker sci fi. I have kids, and pets. Any way, Y'all can feel free to pm me when ever. I'll answer as soon as I see it :)

Hi johnny

I'm a bit off the pace as have just joined on here so only just noticed your post. I live in UK - am about your age group (52) & friendless: not sure can help with the music though - like listening but tried playing piano at school & was utter cr*p at it!

Feel free to PM me for chat.

can relate on the disability, and age, and music :) don't know if you are in a relationship (or if you mentioned it in some post, sorry I forgot), but maybe that's a conversation topic as well

Pyrfancier said:
Hi johnny

I'm a bit off the pace as have just joined on here so only just noticed your post. I live in UK - am about your age group (52) & friendless: not sure can help with the music though - like listening but tried playing piano at school & was utter cr*p at it!

Feel free to PM me for chat.

hello.

And hello peaches and everybody else.

Hey.....pm me anytime. Remember me from our conversation last night in chat. The new guy that love playing music and art.

Anyways, I enjoyed the conversation very much. I might as well fill you in about myself. I'm in the same age range, 45 male. I'm straight, but some of my friends are gay and bi. Anyway....hope to chat again!

I only just joined, so this is probably too late lol. But I'd be happy to chat any time : ) I'm a 41 year old Aussie chick. In a relationship with bi guy, which is great, but lost all my friends when I became ill a few years ago and wasn't able to have kids as a result of the illness, so no family. I'm a solicitor and doing my PhD in English lit. Love cult movies and films across the spectrum. Used to be a wild child and a bit of a hottie, but old and settled down (a bit) now post-illness. Moving to the UK in the not too distant future with my boyfriend.
Anyway, have (well, had pre-illness) lots of gay friends and went through some serious physical issues when sick, including not being able to walk for an extended period, so I'm well across that. Got very lucky to find a treatment, but still recovering.
Anyway, I think you sound awesome so happy to chat any time : )
J

Thanks you all for your replyings. Im sorry im slow to respond to peoples. i have had adhd since day one and have a hard time making time for things that are not guitar related. Thanks again. Your all too kind. :)

Latest posts

Back