Loss of Friends - how to fill up the time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm a freshman at a university...in my first quarter my 5 good friends from high school slowly disappeared from my life - some of them found girlfriends and now just stopped spending time with me, and the rest made other "party" friends and realized i'm not a "party" person. So, now I find myself eating meals alone, walking alone, doing things alone, and it hurts! I'm desperately trying to find some activity for myself that will calm me down and will stop making me think depressed. TV and books don't really work. And the internet, even now, is loosing meaning for me. Please tell me on how I can pass my time...

Guest said:
I'm a freshman at a university...in my first quarter my 5 good friends from high school slowly disappeared from my life - some of them found girlfriends and now just stopped spending time with me, and the rest made other "party" friends and realized i'm not a "party" person. So, now I find myself eating meals alone, walking alone, doing things alone, and it hurts! I'm desperately trying to find some activity for myself that will calm me down and will stop making me think depressed. TV and books don't really work. And the internet, even now, is loosing meaning for me. Please tell me on how I can pass my time...

some thoughts...
read your book in a bookstore
try voulnteering
get an intresting hobby, e.g wood workshop
go to a class, e.g dancing class

Latest posts

Back