A boring life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyGuyT

Reaction score
When I was a kid I used to have lots of friend, always in a group having fun and playing. Growing up, I gradually withdrew from society and started to live all by myself. First it was cool, having all the time for myself doing what I like, but now I am feeling bored, and the worst of it is that I don't know wether it's the lack of social activity or just a psychological condition... When I try to socialize, people don't get attached to me, no matter how open and how many steps I take. I never laugh, I don't react properly to jokes... I painfully find a subject of a conversation and when I do, my companion just don't give me the feedback. Sometimes it looks like people think of me as a boring and ininteresting guy, but I know it's not exactly the case. I am very passive and drowsy... I don't know what to do. Has anyone overcome social withdrawal ? How can I retrieve my sens of humour and be able to socialize again ? Thanks

I know where you are coming from...it is so easy to have friends in school and college, because you are constantly around people. I went from living with 4 other people, to by myself. And even though I wouldn't change living alone for anything, it can get boring.

Welcome!

Welcome LonelyGuyT

I kinda know what you mean. I have only had one person "attach" to me in the last 10 years and it only lasted about 6 months.
I guess it's something we just need to keep working at.

Hope you find friends here. Great group of people on these forums

Thank you VeganAtheist...

I guess you're atheist ? Me too by the way... Maybe we could have a tchat about that !

Hey LonelyGuyT, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Welcome. You have a companion? You're a lot better off than most of us here.

Activities? there is a games section (word games).

Real life activities? There are quite a bit of members in Europe. I'm sure you can start some kind of activities. There are actually a couple of people trying to do something, check out the Networking section.

Regumika said:
Welcome. You have a companion? You're a lot better off than most of us here.

I wish I had but I don't have any companion actually...So no I'm not better off... I think, when it comes to loneliness and social condition, I'm one of the worst. I really have a hard time fitting...

You said your companion doesn't give you feedback, so I assumed you have a companion.

From observation, it doesn't seem [fitting in] is the solution. It should just be acceptance. We all have our perks, that's what makes us special. When we fit in, we stop being special.

Oh I see, by companion I meant the people I get in conversation with... You're right, each of us have something special about them that should be a source of pride. But by fitting in I mean getting along with people and having the ability to lead normal relationships with people. Which is really not my case :/

Reading books, listening to music...That's pretty much all the hobbies I have. what about you

You don't play sports? make things (crafts)? draw? sing? Watch movies? TV shows? Shopping? build stuff?

I read manga, play pc and video games. I enjoy non contact sports if I ever got around to doing them. I like to cook. I like to build/make things if I had the money. I like math and physics, learning about interesting things.

Interesting. Well I do watch music and Tv shows, but I don't do it often enough to call it a hobbie. What is your best TV show ?

Latest posts

Back