Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important are looks, to you ?
(06-02-2014, 07:58 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 07:49 PM)murmi97 Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 07:35 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: Judgemental stuff ? About who ? All I mentioned was personal tastes. Doesn't everyone have them ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've never understood this;

In person, I get along with / relate to most people exceptionally well (during a one on one encounter) yet on Internet forums, it often starts out, and ends, exactly like this seems to be going, here ???

Oh well.

Well you posited some features as negative (of course just to you) but from what I've seen the edit those out here because they make people with those features feel bad about it. I've certainly felt bad before when someone's mentioned small breasts. Yeah it shouldn't be that big a deal but looks are one of the most sensitive subjects we have as a mass-communicating society.

So Murmi, you'd feel bad if I said I STRONGLY prefer women with small breasts ? And again, I just want to stress, I'm not bashing on women with large breasts... but even if I were, they probably get plenty of attention, elsewhere, anyway Smile

Same with when I mentioned, I "personally do not prefer blonde haired, blue eyed, typically pretty white girls". I don't think those women really give a %$#$ what I personally think anyway, either.

I disagree. I think, subconsciously we (usually) tally up all the times we hear something we have/are is ugly. Everyone gives a shit, we just do our damned not to show it. But thank you very much for saying you like small breasts - it's not something I hear/see often(obviously because of that oft-repeated pop-standard).
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlFj6OFNhdM9_IqJ0f9hh...qxDTTmBrUg]
"I wish I could simply return it to you, but I don't have much money and I want some of yours." - Craigslist genius http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/min...38958.html

'Mountain stomper Wrote:. ..I don't think those women really give a %$#$ what I personally think anyway, either.

Indeed.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: 11c5jja.jpg]
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds
cannot change anything". - George Bernard Shaw
(06-02-2014, 07:31 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 07:16 PM)Littlesecret Wrote: Wow, this post made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Wow. That's a nice first response, on a new forum.

Nice to meet you too Smile

Sorry you didn't find my response nice but I didn't find your post nice either.

I just found it pretty demeaning the way you write about women, I'm all for preferences but they way your whole post is written came across obnoxious.
I'm black myself and I would hate that someone decided to go out with me because I'm not seen as "conventionally" good looking and they didn't want to go with the "norm".
Why is everyone here so sensitive to anything to do with race, skin color, looks, build, etc ?

Everyone has personal tastes.

I know I often use too many words, and that leaves it too open, for trying to read between the lines.
~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I should have just said > Looks are very important to me. But my taste is just so atypical. How about you ?

(06-02-2014, 08:28 PM)Littlesecret Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 07:31 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 07:16 PM)Littlesecret Wrote: Wow, this post made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Wow. That's a nice first response, on a new forum.

Nice to meet you too Smile

Sorry you didn't find my response nice but I didn't find your post nice either.

I just found it pretty demeaning the way you write about women, I'm all for preferences but they way your whole post is written came across obnoxious.
I'm black myself and I would hate that someone decided to go out with me because I'm not seen as "conventionally" good looking and they didn't want to go with the "norm".

I'm sorry Little. I didn't mean to offend you.

But personally speaking, I'd absolutely LOVE it, if a decent little woman, decided to go out with me because she saw me as "unconventionally good looking" and she didn't want to go with the "norm"......

Or heck, for that matter, I'd be okay with it if she thought I looked like a horses ass.... and she was just really into horses asses Smile LOL

In reality, I don't think I'd really care "why" she wanted to go out with me......
(06-02-2014, 06:55 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: Not at all ? That's great ! Then why not go drag that stinky little troll out from under the railroad bridge ? He / she might like a date ? Wink LOL JK

You said looks, not stank. I don't care about looks. I care about stank a bit. I'll tolerate it if someone's working on something or doing something that requires being dirty and sweaty. But other than that, no stank.
(06-02-2014, 08:30 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: But personally speaking, I'd absolutely LOVE it, if a decent little woman, decided to go out with me because she saw me as "unconventionally good looking" and she didn't want to go with the "norm"......

Or heck, for that matter, I'd be okay with it if she thought I looked like a horses ass.... and she was just really into horses asses Smile LOL

Why?
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 17vcow.jpg]
(06-02-2014, 07:31 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: But personally speaking, I'd absolutely LOVE it, if a decent little woman, decided to go out with me because she saw me as "unconventionally good looking" and she didn't want to go with the "norm"......

In reality, I don't think I'd really care "why" she wanted to go out with me......

Hmmm.... That's a bit sad. I would also like to say I don't think I'm dull or I don't appreciate the world's aesthetics because I don't go solely for looks.
What would you do if you found this perfect girl you talk of and while you were with her she became disfigured, would you still stay with her?
(06-02-2014, 08:38 PM)VanillaCreme Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 06:55 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: Not at all ? That's great ! Then why not go drag that stinky little troll out from under the railroad bridge ? He / she might like a date ? Wink LOL JK

You said looks, not stank. I don't care about looks. I care about stank a bit. I'll tolerate it if someone's working on something or doing something that requires being dirty and sweaty. But other than that, no stank.

I quit like a bit of manly sweat myself. Maybe even a tiny bit on the road to stank, but definitely not actually stanky..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: 11c5jja.jpg]
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds
cannot change anything". - George Bernard Shaw
I honestly don't know how to take this kind of thread. *scratches head*
At first I felt kind of .. unwelcome after reading the first post. Kinda insulted. But then it is personal preference, so I don't take it personally. So. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

For me, I don't really care about looks. And I do mean that.
Hello Mountainstomper,

On this forum there are alot of threads that are seen as degrading against woman, sometimes they seem to be pure hate. I think that because of that, we as a community are very sensitive about threads like these, as they happen alot. I personally facepalm at the overwhelming majority of the threads where people want to be respected and loved, and where being disrespectful and hateful seems to be their way to try and achieve that. The reason i say this is because you seem to be confused as to the replies you've so far had on this thread.

Personally, i don't see much wrong with this particular thread. You're talking about women, but clearly stating it to be your opinion, and not a fact, as often happens. I do not really agree with what seems to be blurring the lines between looks and hygiene, and the generalisation you place on people that claim looks don't matter whatsoever, that they, according to you, aren't stimulated by vision of any kind. I understand where you're coming from, but i don't believe that to be right.

Good luck, and i hope you have a fine day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important is what I wear? Jesse 27 8,983 08-01-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How important is sex in a relationship? Maggie- 30 8,832 05-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: smarty24
  How important is it to be in a relationship in your 30s? Restless soul 98 24,411 12-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: GrayAndLonesome
  Is it always important to understand "why?" EveWasFramed 13 5,608 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Dissident
  How Important is Sex in a Relationship? Jesse 77 22,811 08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Dessa
  Why do I keep thinking that a girlfriend is so important? Zorg 38 25,411 11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow
  WHAT ARE THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU LOOK FOR IN THE OPPOSITE SEX? Cypha 97 15,724 08-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  How important are physical characteristics? Alex_leFay 56 14,476 03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  Who here thinks physical attractiveness is the most important? The-One 2 2,789 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow