Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important are looks, to you ?
not that important. I don't like tattoos or scruffy women. Smiles go a long way. Nice dress sense. Nice hair, sensible make up.
(06-02-2014, 11:13 PM)Triple Bogey Wrote: not that important. I don't like tattoos or scruffy women. Smiles go a long way. Nice dress sense. Nice hair, sensible make up.

I'm not, in any way, saying you can't say that you don't like tattoos. That is your right and I know many people that feel the same way.

But, I always ask them the same thing...Why don't you like tattoos?

Also, if you met a girl that you liked and then found out she had a tattoo, would that be a deal breaker? Or even one that you could see when you met her, would that deter you from getting to know her and dating her?
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 17vcow.jpg]
I would just like to go on record for murmi that I also appreciate small boobs.

...And tattoos

That is all, carry on!
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what?"
-Stephen Fry
(06-02-2014, 11:28 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 11:13 PM)Triple Bogey Wrote: not that important. I don't like tattoos or scruffy women. Smiles go a long way. Nice dress sense. Nice hair, sensible make up.

I'm not, in any way, saying you can't say that you don't like tattoos. That is your right and I know many people that feel the same way.

But, I always ask them the same thing...Why don't you like tattoos?

Also, if you met a girl that you liked and then found out she had a tattoo, would that be a deal breaker? Or even one that you could see when you met her, would that deter you from getting to know her and dating her?

just think tattoos are ugly especially when you can see them. On arms etc. I suppose small discreet ones aren't that bad.

I wouldn't reject a woman just because she has a tattoo.
(06-03-2014, 12:14 AM)Limlim Wrote: I would just like to go on record for murmi that I also appreciate small boobs.

...And tattoos

That is all, carry on!

Personally I don't much like men with boobs even if they are only small ones. Or men with tattooed boobs, come to think of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: 11c5jja.jpg]
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds
cannot change anything". - George Bernard Shaw
I think it could be just the way you are wording things.

"Chest like a board" "Jacked up teeth" That's a pretty mean way of wording the features of someone that you would like to be with.
Looks are important to everybody, anyone that says otherwise is a lier.

Small boobs are the tits!
Perhaps in some cases a part of the psychology in being in a relationship with someone who has, let's say, a certain "ethnic fetish" is the security one may feel in being that ethnicity. For example if this Mountain Stomper sees a Mexican girl say how she adores white dudes and will only date white dudes, then that may rule out some of his fears about a culture clash or feeling a bit alienated when the two of them are together around Mexican men. He may then feel safer with her going to parties and whatever with male Mexican friends, because he knows she is not attracted to them.

This is just my speculation though.

Of course there is a huge difference between being with someone because you have a fetish for their certain appearance, and because you love who they are. I don't think it's wrong to have both, though. Very lucky in fact Smile Hey you're a beautiful person and I think you're amazingly physically attractive! It may not be because of your heritage but it adds to it!

I'm always trying to see people as people. Not genders or race, but, well, people from different parts of the world often have certain physical features that are really attractive. I would not be involved with a woman who I thought was stunningly beautiful in the physical sense but fucking ugly in the personality department. Although to be honest, I do sometimes judge books by their covers, but not in the negative way. It's more like I will think a person looks beautiful and then after talking with them for a bit, I find out I was right, and they actually are beautiful, in all senses of the word. I don't really believe in "ugly" people - if you have a beautiful soul it will reflected in your features somehow, even you are considered physically unattractive by trashy media magazines or people with ugly souls, even if you think you are ugly yourself, if you have good qualities they will be shown in your eyes or your smile or your body language, whether you see them or not.

Everyone is beautiful in some way. Personality comes first for me always, but if I like your personality then I will also think you are physically attractive.

I think it's understandable to seek something a bit different from the norm, too. Carefully not objectifying a partner of course, but if you look at it from the point of experiencing something new and exciting to you, something where you will have a lot to learn from and to teach each other. Just be careful also not to put people down for not being a part of your interest or desire for certain types.

I'm not sure if I said this very well I need to eat and I don't write so well when I'm hungry :p
"I'm not attracted to Asians." Well, what's wrong with Asians? Nothing.
"I don't like peanut butter." Well, what's wrong with peanut butter? Nothing.
I don't like abc and xyz. Nothing is wrong with abc and xyz.

I agree with kamya that the preferences could have been reworded.

EDIT: To note, you can take my "compatible" personality and transport that personality to a different body (a body that I do not find attractive) and I can tell you that I would not be with that person.

Also to note, disfigurement from non-choice incidents (accidents, aging) can't be lumped in the same factor.

EDIT2: It's one thing to not like apples, but it's another to say how oranges are better than apples. You might not be saying that oranges are better than apples, but that's how people are reading it. And to those reading it, not everyone with an opinion thinks that abc is better than xyz just because [they] don't like xyz.
"Easier said than done." Yes, but what else are you going to do about it?

"You can't feel the warmth of the fire if you have four layers on trying to keep the cold out."
I would be lying if I said that physical attributes weren't important in some way.
I am definitely attracted to certain types of women physically. Some "races" fit better into that type than others.
If someone shows interest in me and I am not initially attracted, I would still give said person a chance. Sparks may negate the initial lack of attraction.

It doesn't seem fair - especially since I am not particularly attractive myself - but it is true.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important is what I wear? Jesse 27 8,983 08-01-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How important is sex in a relationship? Maggie- 30 8,832 05-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: smarty24
  How important is it to be in a relationship in your 30s? Restless soul 98 24,412 12-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: GrayAndLonesome
  Is it always important to understand "why?" EveWasFramed 13 5,608 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Dissident
  How Important is Sex in a Relationship? Jesse 77 22,811 08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Dessa
  Why do I keep thinking that a girlfriend is so important? Zorg 38 25,411 11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow
  WHAT ARE THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU LOOK FOR IN THE OPPOSITE SEX? Cypha 97 15,724 08-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  How important are physical characteristics? Alex_leFay 56 14,476 03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  Who here thinks physical attractiveness is the most important? The-One 2 2,789 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow