Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important are looks, to you ?
(06-02-2014, 06:55 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: Not at all ? That's great ! Then why not go drag that stinky little troll out from under the railroad bridge ? He / she might like a date ? Wink LOL JK

(06-02-2014, 06:55 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: I know their are people who really don't care about looks.... and these are probably the same people who have blank walls in their homes.... who will flip through a photo album, not even slowing down enough to take in the full beauty of even one beautiful photo.

(06-02-2014, 06:55 PM)Mountain stomper Wrote: It's quite obvious that some people are simply not stimulated by vision, the way that many other people are (almost always artistically inclined).

There's a point where joking about something stops feeling like joking because a) it's unpleasant and b) the person just keeps finding ways to slip comments in and make insinuations. It's like two schoolboys where one keeps making comments about the other being a woman, a homosexual, a sissy, etc, when he does more feminine things, but deflects criticism and blame for making him feel bad by saying he's only joking and stating opinions about things.
Well I think they are important but certainly not as important as personality.What matters in a long term relationship is trust,respect and the kind of bond you find in a great friendship.

I wouldn't choose my partner based entirely on looks but looks would definitely play a part.

I don't think anyone can say they rely on personality alone when it comes to dating because looks play a huge part in the beginning.We are automatically attracted to good looking people.I'm more likely to approach people that I find beautiful.If their personalities don't suit me then I just move on.

Unless they invent a device that lets you see what somebody's personality is like from 5 meters away looks will matter. (imo)
(06-03-2014, 02:34 AM)Regumika Wrote: Also to note, disfigurement from non-choice incidents (accidents, aging) can't be lumped in the same factor.

I'm asking this as a general question for someone that is so concerned with looks.
(06-03-2014, 03:46 AM)Jazzbird Wrote: Unless they invent a device that lets you see what somebody's personality is like from 5 meters away looks will matter. (imo)

This device is called the internet Smile

Most of the people I become close to these days (as friends or as lovers) I actually have no idea what they look like until I've already decided they're beautiful.
Are looks important? I would say yes, but the thing of is that different people like different things. Different people are turned off by different things. I like bald guys, some women won't. And so on.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Whilst I might think a guy is pretty, it does not mean that I would lust after him any more than I would after a marble statue, or indeed, as the OP said somewhere, after a painting on my wall.

I am an adult, not a teenager. I need personality as well as the looks I like. Which are not by the way for some beefcake Mr universe, nor anything like it...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: 11c5jja.jpg]
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds
cannot change anything". - George Bernard Shaw
I'm one of the few men that really doesn't place much emphasis on a woman's looks. In fact, the sexiest, most complete woman I ever knew was just an average looking woman, with an average figure that most guys wouldn't even give a second glance, but my god she had an amazing mind. One of the few women that could make me laugh, constantly thought outside the box and was intriguing to be around. She was ten years older than me and had a snarky, sarcastic quality that could rival any 20-something. Then, could quickly shift gears and display a wisdom beyond her years. She was absolutely amazing. I haven't seen her in nine years but still think of her, from time to time, and wonder what she might be up to.
(06-03-2014, 06:24 AM)beautiful loser Wrote: I'm one of the few men that really doesn't place much emphasis on a woman's looks. In fact, the sexiest, most complete woman I ever knew was just an average looking woman, with an average figure that most guys wouldn't even give a second glance, but my god she had an amazing mind. One of the few women that could make me laugh, constantly thought outside the box and was intriguing to be around. She was ten years older than me and had a snarky, sarcastic quality that could rival any 20-something. Then, could quickly shift gears and display a wisdom beyond her years. She was absolutely amazing. I haven't seen her in nine years but still think of her, from time to time, and wonder what she might be up to.

This ^....totally agree. I've always thought that, ultimately, the mind is the sexiest organ ever. Meet someone on the same wavelength as you and....BOOM!!...mere superficial looks cease to exist. One of my husband's good friends is like this - he and I are just completely in tune with each other's minds, even to the point of finishing each other's thoughts...haha, my husband teases me that if I'd met Steve first, he wouldn't have even been a second thought...Toungue
(06-03-2014, 04:17 AM)painters radio Wrote: Most of the people I become close to these days (as friends or as lovers) I actually have no idea what they look like until I've already decided they're beautiful.

That's a lovely sentiment painters radio! 😌

(06-03-2014, 06:24 AM)beautiful loser Wrote: I'm one of the few men that really doesn't place much emphasis on a woman's looks. In fact, the sexiest, most complete woman I ever knew was just an average looking woman, with an average figure that most guys wouldn't even give a second glance, but my god she had an amazing mind. One of the few women that could make me laugh, constantly thought outside the box and was intriguing to be around. She was ten years older than me and had a snarky, sarcastic quality that could rival any 20-something. Then, could quickly shift gears and display a wisdom beyond her years. She was absolutely amazing. I haven't seen her in nine years but still think of her, from time to time, and wonder what she might be up to.

This is a lovely story, do you think you could ever reconnect with her? If that's what you want?
With so many single females here.... the reason why you're still single is due to the fact that there just aren't any men out there with a beautiful mind? If, a beautiful mind is all it took.

EDIT: Then, lets do a simple "tally" with just simple numbers, no specifics (no names). How many males on here do you have a crush on? That you think has a beautiful mind?
"Easier said than done." Yes, but what else are you going to do about it?

"You can't feel the warmth of the fire if you have four layers on trying to keep the cold out."
(06-03-2014, 07:58 AM)Regumika Wrote: With so many single females here.... the reason why you're still single is due to the fact that there just aren't any men out there with a beautiful mind? If, a beautiful mind is all it took.

EDIT: Then, lets do a simple "tally" with just simple numbers, no specifics (no names). How many males on here do you have a crush on? That you think has a beautiful mind?

Hey Regumika

Is this directed at me?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important is what I wear? Jesse 27 8,983 08-01-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How important is sex in a relationship? Maggie- 30 8,832 05-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: smarty24
  How important is it to be in a relationship in your 30s? Restless soul 98 24,412 12-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: GrayAndLonesome
  Is it always important to understand "why?" EveWasFramed 13 5,608 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Dissident
  How Important is Sex in a Relationship? Jesse 77 22,811 08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Dessa
  Why do I keep thinking that a girlfriend is so important? Zorg 38 25,411 11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow
  WHAT ARE THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU LOOK FOR IN THE OPPOSITE SEX? Cypha 97 15,724 08-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  How important are physical characteristics? Alex_leFay 56 14,476 03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  Who here thinks physical attractiveness is the most important? The-One 2 2,789 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow