How important are looks, to you ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not at all ? That's great ! Then why not go drag that stinky little troll out from under the railroad bridge ? He / she might like a date ? ;) LOL JK

Okay.... now, in all seriousness....

I'll be the first to say, looks are VERY important to me.
However, my tastes are SO different than nearly any of my friends and acquaintances. In fact, I've even gotten to a point where I see a lot of girls and think, Hmmm.... She's "typical pretty"... probably gets lots of attention. But not a girl I'd want to be with, even if I could. {like blonde hair, blue eyes, big breasts.... ehhhh. That's cool. You can have her}

Next, I see some skinny little Mexican girl... flat chested like a board, maybe with jacked up teeth.... and I think to myself, "She is thin, and Mexican, and I'd rather my chest be bigger than hers anyway" :) LOL
I could totally kick it with that skinny, somewhat homely little thing ;)

For me the whole "opposites attract" thing is SO very true, as well. Being totally white, I rarely see white girls that I'd want to be with.
Far and above all else, I prefer Latin women. Don't even care what exact country... just Latin. But Black, Asian, Indian, whatever. Their is not a race I would not consider a relationship with, but my own is somewhere down there with all other races, aside from Latin.

Being an obese, out of shape pig for the first 45 of my 50 years, and hating myself because of it, I strongly prefer a thin, fit woman, now.
But even here, I think I could make exceptions... maybe... and then hopefully that wouldn't cause problems later ?

A really tall girl might freak me out. I'm thinking 5ft, to 5'6", 100-130lbs ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know their are people who really don't care about looks.... and these are probably the same people who have blank walls in their homes.... who will flip through a photo album, not even slowing down enough to take in the full beauty of even one beautiful photo.

It's quite obvious that some people are simply not stimulated by vision, the way that many other people are (almost always artistically inclined).

So again, how important are looks to you ?
Do you think you prefer "typically pretty woman / handsome men" ?
If not, what do you think you like, that most people would pay no attention to, or not like at all ?

edit: These advertisement popups, for "Asian women seeking love" crack me up :) Yea ! I'm sure that hawt little Asian model wants to be with my ugly, old, bald headed self ! :) Got one with HSV 2 ? Send her on over ! Maybe she love me long time ! :) LOL I wonder how much one of those would cost ? Too bad I'm a broke ass, too !

Heads up, you said some pretty judgmental stuff so you're probably gonna be edited by the admins (at the least).

I care about looks, but them being a jerk/idiot can make me stop looking.
My preferences aren't typical - I think conformism is responsible for there even being a standard to compare to (and that the mass ideal won't last much longer).
>> Don't understand the third question "If not, what do you think you like, that most people would pay no attention to, or not like at all ?" EDIT; (haven't had coffee yet, but I got it now. Can't think of anything that's never been mentioned before except possibly seeing people do good deeds or defend someone unprompted, that'll make someone attractive to me much more attractive.

murmi97 said:
Heads up, you said some pretty judgmental stuff so you're probably gonna be edited by the admins (at the least).

My preferences aren't typical - I think conformism is responsible for there even being a standard to compare to (and that the mass ideal won't last much longer).
>> Don't understand the third question "If not, what do you think you like, that most people would pay no attention to, or not like at all ?"

Mountain stomper said:
murmi97 said:

>> Don't understand the third question "If not, what do you think you like, that most people would pay no attention to, or not like at all ?"

Judgemental stuff ? About who ? All I mentioned was personal tastes. Doesn't everyone have them ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've never understood this;

In person, I get along with / relate to most people exceptionally well (during a one on one encounter) yet on Internet forums, it often starts out, and ends, exactly like this seems to be going, here ???

Oh well.

Mountain stomper said:
Judgemental stuff ? About who ? All I mentioned was personal tastes. Doesn't everyone have them ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In person, I get along with / relate to most people exceptionally well (during a one on one encounter) yet on Internet forums, it often starts out, and ends, exactly like this seems to be going, here ???

Oh well.

Well you posited some features as negative (of course just to you) but from what I've seen the edit those out here because they make people with those features feel bad about it. I've certainly felt bad before when someone's mentioned small breasts. Yeah it shouldn't be that big a deal but looks are one of the most sensitive subjects we have as a mass-communicating society.

Goes without saying that the descriptions of your 'preferred types' of women are quite obnoxious and degrading.

You claim this thread has nothing to do with race, but you mention that more than anything else. If you like Latin women, that's your right, but I think you are basing way too much on what color their skin is.

You say that you would choose the Mexican girl with no boobs and messed up teeth over a Caucasian girl who is "typically pretty." Okay, yes, that may be your preference, but it seems like you are choosing women based on what will get you noticed more. You emphatically say that you are "totally white," and that you don't care what country. (not sure why that would matter to begin with)

Mountain stomper said:
A really tall girl might freak me out. I'm thinking 5ft, to 5'6", 100-130lbs ?

So sorry I would freak you out.... btw :rolleyes:

Mountain stomper said:
I know their are people who really don't care about looks.... and these are probably the same people who have blank walls in their homes.... who will flip through a photo album, not even slowing down enough to take in the full beauty of even one beautiful photo.

My walls are far from blank, thank you very much.

Mountain stomper said:
So again, how important are looks to you ?
Do you think you prefer "typically pretty woman / handsome men" ?
If not, what do you think you like, that most people would pay no attention to, or not like at all ?

I would rather have a decent guy, one without a jackass personality. And I could really not care less what other people think of me and my dating choices....

murmi97 said:
Mountain stomper said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh well.

Well you posited some features as negative (of course just to you) but from what I've seen the edit those out here because they make people with those features feel bad about it. I've certainly felt bad before when someone's mentioned small breasts. Yeah it shouldn't be that big a deal but looks are one of the most sensitive subjects we have as a mass-communicating society.

So Murmi, you'd feel bad if I said I STRONGLY prefer women with small breasts ? And again, I just want to stress, I'm not bashing on women with large breasts... but even if I were, they probably get plenty of attention, elsewhere, anyway :)

Same with when I mentioned, I "personally do not prefer blonde haired, blue eyed, typically pretty white girls". I don't think those women really give a %$#$ what I personally think anyway, either.

Mountain stomper said:
murmi97 said:
Mountain stomper said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh well.

So Murmi, you'd feel bad if I said I STRONGLY prefer women with small breasts ? And again, I just want to stress, I'm not bashing on women with large breasts... but even if I were, they probably get plenty of attention, elsewhere, anyway :)

Same with when I mentioned, I "personally do not prefer blonde haired, blue eyed, typically pretty white girls". I don't think those women really give a %$#$ what I personally think anyway, either.

I disagree. I think, subconsciously we (usually) tally up all the times we hear something we have/are is ugly. Everyone gives a honeysuckle, we just do our damned not to show it. But thank you very much for saying you like small breasts - it's not something I hear/see often(obviously because of that oft-repeated pop-standard).

Mountain stomper said:
Littlesecret said:
Wow, this post made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Wow. That's a nice first response, on a new forum.

Nice to meet you too :)

Sorry you didn't find my response nice but I didn't find your post nice either.

I just found it pretty demeaning the way you write about women, I'm all for preferences but they way your whole post is written came across obnoxious.
I'm black myself and I would hate that someone decided to go out with me because I'm not seen as "conventionally" good looking and they didn't want to go with the "norm".

Why is everyone here so sensitive to anything to do with race, skin color, looks, build, etc ?

Everyone has personal tastes.

I know I often use too many words, and that leaves it too open, for trying to read between the lines.
~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I should have just said > Looks are very important to me. But my taste is just so atypical. How about you ?

Littlesecret said:
Mountain stomper said:
Littlesecret said:
Wow, this post made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Wow. That's a nice first response, on a new forum.

Nice to meet you too :)

Sorry you didn't find my response nice but I didn't find your post nice either.

I just found it pretty demeaning the way you write about women, I'm all for preferences but they way your whole post is written came across obnoxious.
I'm black myself and I would hate that someone decided to go out with me because I'm not seen as "conventionally" good looking and they didn't want to go with the "norm".

I'm sorry Little. I didn't mean to offend you.

But personally speaking, I'd absolutely LOVE it, if a decent little woman, decided to go out with me because she saw me as "unconventionally good looking" and she didn't want to go with the "norm"......

Or heck, for that matter, I'd be okay with it if she thought I looked like a horses ass.... and she was just really into horses asses :) LOL

In reality, I don't think I'd really care "why" she wanted to go out with me......

Mountain stomper said:
Not at all ? That's great ! Then why not go drag that stinky little troll out from under the railroad bridge ? He / she might like a date ? ;) LOL JK

You said looks, not stank. I don't care about looks. I care about stank a bit. I'll tolerate it if someone's working on something or doing something that requires being dirty and sweaty. But other than that, no stank.

Mountain stomper said:
But personally speaking, I'd absolutely LOVE it, if a decent little woman, decided to go out with me because she saw me as "unconventionally good looking" and she didn't want to go with the "norm"......

Or heck, for that matter, I'd be okay with it if she thought I looked like a horses ass.... and she was just really into horses asses :) LOL

Why?

Mountain stomper said:

In reality, I don't think I'd really care "why" she wanted to go out with me......

Hmmm.... That's a bit sad. I would also like to say I don't think I'm dull or I don't appreciate the world's aesthetics because I don't go solely for looks.
What would you do if you found this perfect girl you talk of and while you were with her she became disfigured, would you still stay with her?

VanillaCreme said:
Mountain stomper said:

You said looks, not stank. I don't care about looks. I care about stank a bit. I'll tolerate it if someone's working on something or doing something that requires being dirty and sweaty. But other than that, no stank.

I quit like a bit of manly sweat myself. Maybe even a tiny bit on the road to stank, but definitely not actually stanky..

I honestly don't know how to take this kind of thread. *scratches head*
At first I felt kind of .. unwelcome after reading the first post. Kinda insulted. But then it is personal preference, so I don't take it personally. So. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

For me, I don't really care about looks. And I do mean that.

Hello Mountainstomper,

On this forum there are alot of threads that are seen as degrading against woman, sometimes they seem to be pure hate. I think that because of that, we as a community are very sensitive about threads like these, as they happen alot. I personally facepalm at the overwhelming majority of the threads where people want to be respected and loved, and where being disrespectful and hateful seems to be their way to try and achieve that. The reason i say this is because you seem to be confused as to the replies you've so far had on this thread.

Personally, i don't see much wrong with this particular thread. You're talking about women, but clearly stating it to be your opinion, and not a fact, as often happens. I do not really agree with what seems to be blurring the lines between looks and hygiene, and the generalisation you place on people that claim looks don't matter whatsoever, that they, according to you, aren't stimulated by vision of any kind. I understand where you're coming from, but i don't believe that to be right.

Good luck, and i hope you have a fine day.

Latest posts

Back