Crazy articles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Littlesecret

I don't think this thread will take off but I didn't know where to put this. I found an old American article/ snippet I don't know how old it is but I'm guessing maybe 50/60 years old. I just found it shocking this was in a newspaper.

Littlesecret said:
I just found it shocking this was in a newspaper.

It's shocking to read how certain they all were with the attitude that it's "a man's world" and that women should know their place in it. I'm sure there are relics of this age still alive, but I'm very glad I am not a part of this male-centric mindset.

Case said:
Littlesecret said:

It's shocking to read how certain they all were with the attitude that it's "a man's world" and that women should know their place in it. I'm sure there are relics of this age still alive, but I'm very glad I am not a part of this male-centric mindset.

It exists. I have a step brother that wouldn't let his wife leave the kitchen.

beautiful loser said:
Littlesecret said:
Triple Bogey said:
unbelievable !

I know, they all look like serial killers anyways so they fit the mould for mad men.

Probably was snipped out of the Rikers' Gazette.

This made me LOL

painter said:
[video=youtube]

Haha that was one of my favourite scenes from the Holy Grail.

Case said:
Littlesecret said:

I know, all their responses are so infuriating but I guess it was a different time then, not right but definitely different.
I'm just glad I wasn't alive in that era for so many reasons.
Haha if they are still alive, I would love them to do a 'where are they now' piece.

kamya said:
It exists. I have a step brother that wouldn't let his wife leave the kitchen.

Are you being serious?

Are you being serious?

I am being serious. I also remember him telling his younger cousin that was talking about playing basketball, "I didn't know you could play basketball in a kitchen".

kamya said:
Are you being serious?

I am being serious. I also remember him telling his younger cousin that was talking about playing basketball, "I didn't know you could play basketball in a kitchen".

Eww the audacity, my dad is just as bad he would ask me to call him sir and iron his clothes. When I was younger and living with him, I had to stand in the kitchen and watch my step-mum cook then serve him the food after.
These Tyrannical men need to be stopped lol.

Edward W said:
...I would love them to do a 'where are they now' piece.

Probably in a shallow grave in the garden! :p

We can only hope, lol.

Your something new? Bride attaches one-month-old baby to the train of her wedding dress and drags it down the aisle

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/02/your-...ng-dress-and-drags-it-down-the-aisle-4747341/

What the hell was this woman thinking??? What a nutcase!

Littlesecret said:
kamya said:
Are you being serious?

Eww the audacity, my dad is just as bad he would ask me to call him sir and iron his clothes. When I was younger and living with him, I had to stand in the kitchen and watch my step-mum cook then serve him the food after.

Wow that sounds pretty terrible. I'm glad you got out of there! I suppose he could be stopped if women stopped wanting to be with him. Eventually they leave but it doesn't take long for him to find another lady to mistreat.

kamya said:
Littlesecret said:
kamya said:
Are you being serious?

Wow that sounds pretty terrible. I'm glad you got out of there! I suppose he could be stopped if women stopped wanting to be with him. Eventually they leave but it doesn't take long for him to find another lady to mistreat.

Yeah your right, but unfortunately with every controlling man there is a submissive woman ready to be controlled.
Yeah it was terrible living with him, but I consider myself one of the lucky ones I had another family that loved me and I was able to eventually leave when old enough and live with them. I think I've already told you this lol :p

I don't find it all that surprising. Sometimes I will watch old TV shows (from the 1950s or 1960s) and there are SO MANY domestic violence jokes that wouldn't fly today. It's appalling.

raincloud said:
I don't find it all that surprising. Sometimes I will watch old TV shows (from the 1950s or 1960s) and there are SO MANY domestic violence jokes that wouldn't fly today. It's appalling.

Your so right, I watched a few episodes of 'The Honeymooners' a couple months ago and it's mainly the husband constantly threatening to beat the crap out of the wife!

[video=youtube]

She's even singing along about getting punched in the face! Crazy times.

you know, up until like 20... maybe 30 years ago here in the uk men were allowed legally to rape their wife, it wasn't considered rape, was considered your right :eek:

So that is really no surprise :eek:

34zyvk3.jpg

zibafu said:
you know, up until like 20... maybe 30 years ago here in the uk men were allowed legally to rape their wife, it wasn't considered rape, was considered your right :eek:

So that is really no surprise :eek:

Shocking! I just watched an interview of a woman who had been raped by her husband for years while she was asleep (drugged) and he filmed it and put it on the internet. He got 15 years, so glad we have come so far.

Minus said:

It's the people laughing in the background that get me!

Latest posts

Back