Not Much Patience for Bullshit

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fox

I used to not be like this... I would keep my mouth shut, even if people were walking all over me. That was back when I was severely depressed and would never stand up for myself or others who needed to be stood up for.

Not any more. I do not have any patience for bullshit any more.. whether it is people spouting nonsense, people on power trips, people being hypocrites, people who live in an echo chamber and can't stand dissent-- whatever... I call them out for it.

But this of course, leaves me with not many friends. People liked me more when I was meek and easily stepped on.. now that I stand up for myself and stand my ground, they are turned away. I know I should not feel I am missing out by not having such people in my life, but loneliness still strikes either way.

Can anybody relate?

Yep, It's called growing up. :) The older I get, the more and more less tolerant I became of petty things people do.

There's absolutely no good reason to put up with bull-honeysuckle... I have no patience for it either... I either walk away from it or correct it... Some people have nothing better to do than to drag others down with them so they can feel better... Don't get me wrong... I do vent sometimes... But venting & bull-shitting are 2 different things, at least I think... People that live like how you described, you don't need'em...

Nicolelt said:
Yep, It's called growing up. :) The older I get, the more and more less tolerant I became of petty things people do.

Something I'd like to add to this is that (in my case anyway) as that dreaded aging thing has been occurring I've come through the tunnel of not being able to deal with bullshit and now find myself amused by it. Its kind of refreshing to not want to knock some sense into someone badly in need of it- I think this change occurred when I discovered I actually had patience dwelling within. And became less judgmental.

Absolutely.. I used to be very quiet, timid and depressed.. People walked all over me too and just generally took their problems out on me. I've been struck in the face and called horrible names by my previous best friends.. So, I'm kinda pass immature behavior and back-stabbing as well as emotional abuse.

I can relate, and I think it's a good way to be. Don't let anyone tell you crap that you don't want to shovel. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

It's definitely something we can all relate to :D

And I don't think the "friends" lost during this process were really a loss. If someone is around just to step all over you, they don't want a friend, they want a rug. And you are no such thing, right?

Latest posts

Back